Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Better lucky than good

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mega Hertz

Re: Better lucky than good

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:02 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:42 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:27 pm
And, if I'm being frank, it's nobody's fucking business what we have to do. When Tudor Dixon gets my wife pregnant, then she can have a say.
This is the part I don't get about the free market Republican party. They want government out of everything except a woman's body. That's why it just doesn't seem to fit the rest of their ideology which leans towards libertarianism.
We had a proposal for pot store(s) here in Brighton. It got shot down. And it was primarily Republican voters that didn't want it. But...capitalism? Free market? Business, business, business, right?

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:03 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:41 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
I don't think anyone LIKES abortion.

Look, my wife and I are trying to have a child. We are both pushing 40, so we won't have the same chances as we would at 25.

Twice this year, we have lost pregnancies. The first one happened naturally, but the second one, we didn't know she was miscarrying. She had to go to her doctor to work out options. Obviously, had she not had a DNC, she would have fallen ill and possibly died.

In the event she miscarries again, had prop 3 not passed, those options would not have been on the table. In a perfect world, we would have a successful, healthy pregnancy. But that may not happen. So we need to make sure if the pregnancy isn't successful, she has options.

And, if I'm being frank, it's nobody's fucking business what we have to do. When Tudor Dixon gets my wife pregnant, then she can have a say.
That last part would be quite an interesting trick…

But yeah… it’s nobody else’s business unless they intend to be directly involved in the act of creating the fetus in the first place.

Asking the anti-abortion folks if they want to help would be impolitic most likely but it’s the right question. If they aren’t willing to get involved then they will reflexively say “it’s not my business, I don’t want to know about your sex life ewww” or something since they are often weird about that stuff and then you can say “exactly so butt out”. It should shut them down.

The real problem is for too long we have tried to both sides everything when every argument is not equal.
I mean, when you have to sit and mourn the loss and THEN have to figure out how you're going to deal with it, let's just say it wasn't exactly red letter days in our home. That is why we needed prop 3.

-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:18 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:03 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Look, my wife and I are trying to have a child. We are both pushing 40, so we won't have the same chances as we would at 25.

Twice this year, we have lost pregnancies. The first one happened naturally, but the second one, we didn't know she was miscarrying. She had to go to her doctor to work out options. Obviously, had she not had a DNC, she would have fallen ill and possibly died.

In the event she miscarries again, had prop 3 not passed, those options would not have been on the table. In a perfect world, we would have a successful, healthy pregnancy. But that may not happen. So we need to make sure if the pregnancy isn't successful, she has options.

But yeah… it’s nobody else’s business unless they intend to be directly involved in the act of creating the fetus in the first place.

Asking the anti-abortion folks if they want to help would be impolitic most likely but it’s the right question. If they aren’t willing to get involved then they will reflexively say “it’s not my business, I don’t want to know about your sex life ewww” or something since they are often weird about that stuff and then you can say “exactly so butt out”. It should shut them down.

The real problem is for too long we have tried to both sides everything when every argument is not equal.
I mean, when you have to sit and mourn the loss and THEN have to figure out how you're going to deal with it, let's just say it wasn't exactly red letter days in our home. That is why we needed prop 3.
Yeah no kidding… sorry to hear that by the way.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:17 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:

That's brutal, and I'm very sorry to hear that. Best of luck in your journey to have a healthy child.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:38 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:17 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

That's brutal, and I'm very sorry to hear that. Best of luck in your journey to have a healthy child.
Thanks. That's all we're asking for. I never thought I had parenting in me, considering I was a "child" until I was 32.

-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:56 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

I'd pay to see that, tbh.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:03 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:

I’m sorry for your losses. I think the scary thing is that women could potentially be prosecuted for miscarriages under the 1931 law. That is frightening.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:45 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:03 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

I’m sorry for your losses. I think the scary thing is that women could potentially be prosecuted for miscarriages under the 1931 law. That is frightening.
You know what I think sucks the most? Watching shitty humans become parents or just parents being lousy. Deadbeats. Not to mention, I have two stepdaughters that I can't even imagine going through this.

Not everyone is going out and fucking anyone that looks at them twice and getting knocked up every 3 months. Sometimes shit like my situation happens.

-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:01 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:45 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

You know what I think sucks the most? Watching shitty humans become parents or just parents being lousy. Deadbeats. Not to mention, I have two stepdaughters that I can't even imagine going through this.

Not everyone is going out and fucking anyone that looks at them twice and getting knocked up every 3 months. Sometimes shit like my situation happens.
There is always adoption. Though, I suggest you look into it really deep before you actually do it. If you get a kid from foster care, you really don't know what you are getting. This will sound cruel and callous, but some of those kids are just too far gone and no matter what you do, it just won't work out. It can become a nightmare. Plenty of incidents where innocent husbands and wives have been accused of things they never did, but the investigation itself can be hell. Higher likelihood of violent behaviors and they require a lot of attention a lot of the time. Newborn adoption is a good option, but it is very, very, very costly.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:19 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:01 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

There is always adoption. Though, I suggest you look into it really deep before you actually do it. If you get a kid from foster care, you really don't know what you are getting. This will sound cruel and callous, but some of those kids are just too far gone and no matter what you do, it just won't work out. It can become a nightmare. Plenty of incidents where innocent husbands and wives have been accused of things they never did, but the investigation itself can be hell. Higher likelihood of violent behaviors and they require a lot of attention a lot of the time. Newborn adoption is a good option, but it is very, very, very costly.
Oh, we are looking at all options right now, especially what each costs.

I will admit, I have had worries about accusations from one or both of my stepdaughters. I don't believe either of them are like that, but in today's day and age, one accusation is all it takes.

I won't even go in the older one's room or touch her laundry on laundry day lol. You can't be too careful!

-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:30 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:19 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

I will admit, I have had worries about accusations from one or both of my stepdaughters. I don't believe either of them are like that, but in today's day and age, one accusation is all it takes.

I won't even go in the older one's room or touch her laundry on laundry day lol. You can't be too careful!
My suggestion is to attend a meeting at Bethany Christian in Madison Heights. They don't hold back and they give you the straight deal. It may persuade you not to go the foster route, but I cannot fault anyone for not going that route after hearing some of the stories. These social workers are frequently going to people's houses in the middle of the night because of calls.

https://www.fcnp.org/bethany-christian- ... on-heights

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:20 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:19 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Sorry to hear about your wife having 2 miscarriages.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic