Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

No on Prop 3 Ads Lie; Roe is NOT Restored in MI

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: No on Prop 3 Ads Lie; Roe is NOT Restored in MI

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:15 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:13 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:35 pm
When I cast my ballot today at the clerk’s office, I reread it yet again. It clearly states that it would allow abortion up to the point of viability and not up to the point of delivery except to protect the mother.
You have been snowed!

The language in the amendment purporting to limit the unfettered right to an abortion to only pre-viability cases (essentially the first trimester) is a farce and is unenforceable. The language states:

. . . the state may regulate the provision of abortion care after fetal viability, provided that in no circumstance shall the state prohibit an abortion that, in the professional judgment of an attending health care professional, is medically indicated to protect the life or physical or mental health of the pregnant individual.

This limitation is illusory. It claims to allow state regulation of abortion for post-viability pregnancies; however, it unequivocally states that if a “health care professional” determines an abortion is necessary to protect the “physical or mental health” of the mother, then the state may not regulate such abortions. These terms are intentionally not defined. “Health care professional” presumably includes nurses, counselors, and other non-doctors.

It is hard to imagine a pro-abortion “health care professional” not certifying that a mother’s physical or mental health would be harmed unless the abortion is performed. This is a H*** exemption that permits abortion on demand right up to the moment of birth. This exemption language makes any attempt to regulate post-viability abortions superfluous and of no effect.

For example, if a mother who is 8 months pregnant claims to Planned Parenthood that she will be sad, unhappy, and distressed if she has the baby, Planned Parenthood would be completely protected by the RRFI to perform that late-term abortion and kill the child.
The scenario you describe seems extremely far fetched. It IS however what Prop 3 opponents have been yapping about.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:47 pm

audiophile wrote:
When I cast my ballot today at the clerk’s office, I reread it yet again. It clearly states that it would allow abortion up to the point of viability and not up to the point of delivery except to protect the mother.
You have been snowed!

The language in the amendment purporting to limit the unfettered right to an abortion to only pre-viability cases (essentially the first trimester) is a farce and is unenforceable. The language states:

. . . the state may regulate the provision of abortion care after fetal viability, provided that in no circumstance shall the state prohibit an abortion that, in the professional judgment of an attending health care professional, is medically indicated to protect the life or physical or mental health of the pregnant individual.

This limitation is illusory. It claims to allow state regulation of abortion for post-viability pregnancies; however, it unequivocally states that if a “health care professional” determines an abortion is necessary to protect the “physical or mental health” of the mother, then the state may not regulate such abortions. These terms are intentionally not defined. “Health care professional” presumably includes nurses, counselors, and other non-doctors.

It is hard to imagine a pro-abortion “health care professional” not certifying that a mother’s physical or mental health would be harmed unless the abortion is performed. This is a H*** exemption that permits abortion on demand right up to the moment of birth. This exemption language makes any attempt to regulate post-viability abortions superfluous and of no effect.

For example, if a mother who is 8 months pregnant claims to Planned Parenthood that she will be sad, unhappy, and distressed if she has the baby, Planned Parenthood would be completely protected by the RRFI to perform that late-term abortion and kill the child.
I have spoken with several delivery nurses and their response was “Partial birth abortion doesn’t exist, but I would have to send a mother home in an ectopic pregnancy under the 1931 law.”

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:11 pm

It's pretty simple,

Extremist false prophet Christians will do anything to get their way.

Prop 3 will drive younger voter's out.

The target Prop 3 opponent is confused about many things...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:02 pm

I guess you let foxes guard your henhouses too.

The ballot proposal was authored by Planned Parenthood and the ACLU, and I don't trust them, and I believe they created intentional loopholes. You have stated your daughter works for Planned Parenthood, so not only are conflicted, your bigotry and bias are showing as usual.

I have no dog in this fight other then I believe it is wrong to kill a viable fetus, AND this proposal KO's all parental rights, which is also not good. My heart weeps for cruelty we are inflicting on the unborn, and often significant long-term psychological effects the abortive woman face making this hasty decision.

While we might have difference of opinion, it very twisted to suggest my beliefs are not sincerely and deeply held. I have been working with local attorneys and they say the proposal is very bad. I have no reason to doubt them, as they always have backed their opinion with proof and case law.

PS As a side note, I tried to adopt children locally years ago, and I was told I need to adopt from China or Russia. That is crazy - give those unexpected children a chance with a local Mom and Dad that want them!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:16 pm

Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:47 pm
audiophile wrote:
You have been snowed!

I have spoken with several delivery nurses and their response was “Partial birth abortion doesn’t exist, but I would have to send a mother home in an ectopic pregnancy under the 1931 law.”
That is completely false understanding of the 1931 law!
THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT) Act 328 of 1931 CHAPTER III ABORTION 750.14 :
"...unless the same shall have been necessary to preserve the life of such woman..."
Ectopic is VERY dangerous and can kill the mother, it must be dealt with promptly, it necessary to preserve the life of the woman as the law allows. Please let them know that is not what the law says!

This doctor says the same thing is this video:
https://youtu.be/qpOcjXvr-_4?t=525

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:13 pm

My daughter has worked for Planned Parenthood. They are the largest provider of healthcare for women in the Nation.

They mentor teenaged girls to prevent pregnancy.

I can understand why a backwoods type fears the organization, they empower women.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:32 pm

Proposal 3 is sloppy and flawed, but I'm a yes, because I'm ready to have the issue resolved.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:29 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Proposal 3 is sloppy and flawed, but I'm a yes, because I'm ready to have the issue resolved.
I’m pleasantly surprised.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:21 pm

Matt wrote:
I guess you are not a parent.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:29 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:21 pm
Matt wrote:
I guess you are not a parent.
I am, but I have a son. Does that count?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:37 pm

Yes, you are a parent, but a son is probably a little less of a potential an issue in regard to prop 3.

It's so deeply flawed I think it should be voted down for something better.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:19 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:37 pm
Yes, you are a parent, but a son is probably a little less of a potential an issue in regard to prop 3.

It's so deeply flawed I think it should be voted down for something better.
I'm a parent of both a son and a daughter and I want them to have the ability to make their own choices instead of some idiot in the backwoods of Michigan. Is your whole support for the anti-abortion thing to do with controlling your children?

Where in the bible exactly does it say for you to micro-manage your kids? Faith comes from within.

― Noam Chomsky

Taco

Post by Taco » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:57 pm

In the Soo at the Budget Host Inn they have a vote no on 3 on their sign. Seems businesses are promoting the way they want people to vote. Seen lots of vote no on 3 signs really.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:11 pm

Taco wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:57 pm
In the Soo at the Budget Host Inn they have a vote no on 3 on their sign. Seems businesses are promoting the way they want people to vote. Seen lots of vote no on 3 signs really.
I was talking with a friend about that. Since a business exists to make money potentially alienating some of your customers seems counterproductive…

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:14 pm

Responsible parents, especially those with girls, should support Prop 3.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic