Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The best Proposal 3 piece I’ve found

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Re: The best Proposal 3 piece I’ve found

Post by km1125 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:59 pm

Well, that's an interesting position for bridgemi to take, considering it's pretty much a 180 from their previous article:
https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-gover ... ons-minors

Also, they don't address anywhere that the proposal "about women's rights" doesn't include the words "mother", "woman" or "female" anywhere. As discussed in another thread, the way this proposal is written could clearly grant rights to "reproductive freedom" to men, specifically any men who have fathered a child. What those rights are and how they will manifest in decisions is yet to be determined, and it's just going to take the right cases and the right attorneys to work that out.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:07 pm

Overall, I support Prop 3, but I would feel much better if there was a cut off at 20 weeks. This proposal says nothing about parental consent, transitioning, or anything else the right throws at it. It’s gotten beyond absurd with these baseless attack commercials.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:56 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:07 pm
Overall, I support Prop 3, but I would feel much better if there was a cut off at 20 weeks. This proposal says nothing about parental consent, transitioning, or anything else the right throws at it. It’s gotten beyond absurd with these baseless attack commercials.
“WHAT???????? STERILIZATION WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT?!?!?! VOTE NO ON 3” is a billboard I keep seeing on my way into Detroit down the lodge.

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:48 am

km1125 wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:59 pm
Well, that's an interesting position for bridgemi to take, considering it's pretty much a 180 from their previous article:
It is not a position Bridge is taking, the link in the OP is a guest commentary from Erin Mersino & Monica Galloway.

Galloway is a former Flint city councilwoman and former president of the Michigan Municipal League, but outside of this I admittedly don't have much insight as to which way she falls as far as left/right overall (though this is fairly telling). Mersino, on the other hand, is chief of Supreme Court and Appellate Practice at the Thomas More Law Center:
The Thomas More Law Center is a Christian, conservative, nonprofit, public interest law firm based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and active throughout the United States. According to its website, its goals are to "preserve America's Judeo-Christian heritage, defend the religious freedom of Christians, restore time-honored moral and family values, protect the sanctity of human life, and promote a strong national defense and a free and sovereign United States of America."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_More_Law_Center

Indeed, the use of "abortionists" in the opening paragraph sets the tone for this hit piece. Well-reasoned, non-hyperbolic, this piece is not.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:33 am

Mike wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:48 am
km1125 wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:59 pm
It is not a position Bridge is taking, the link in the OP is a guest commentary from Erin Mersino & Monica Galloway.

Galloway is a former Flint city councilwoman and former president of the Michigan Municipal League, but outside of this I admittedly don't have much insight as to which way she falls as far as left/right overall (though this is fairly telling). Mersino, on the other hand, is chief of Supreme Court and Appellate Practice at the Thomas More Law Center:
The Thomas More Law Center is a Christian, conservative, nonprofit, public interest law firm based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and active throughout the United States. According to its website, its goals are to "preserve America's Judeo-Christian heritage, defend the religious freedom of Christians, restore time-honored moral and family values, protect the sanctity of human life, and promote a strong national defense and a free and sovereign United States of America."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_More_Law_Center

Indeed, the use of "abortionists" in the opening paragraph sets the tone for this hit piece. Well-reasoned, non-hyperbolic, this piece is not.

What's wrong with the term? Oh that's right, we have to sanitize the terminology to sugar coat what is happening during an abort.... errrrr healthcare. We don't want anyone to know the gritty details about what happens to the bab.... errrrrr potential life, or clump of cells.

A1B1C1D1

Post by A1B1C1D1 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:38 pm

Proposal 3 is depraved. But when it passes we MIGHT see the courts put limitations on an unlimited proposal. The courts have made clear that they will set the narrative, and the rest of us have made clear that we will follow what they say we have a right to do and not do. The truest criticism I ever heard about the US Supreme Court is that we will all wear our underwear over our heads if they tell us too. We are a nation of conformers more and more, even California voted that gay marriage was a step too far.

Of course if California rejected Proposal 1 and Michigan passed Proposal 3 we're still flyover country and they're still the leading progressives we should all emulate. The good news would be that Gretchen would bring all these companies headquarters (CBS, Comcast, Google, Apple, Clorox) over here.

Illinois has no trouble keeping Fortune 500 headquarters because of their progressive laws, why can't we be like Illinois? Wake up Michigan voters and use your one vote wisely!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:55 pm

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic