Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Elissa Slotkin throws hissy fit

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**

km1125

Re: Elissa Slotkin throws hissy fit

Post by km1125 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:59 am

I stumbed on that debate and saw a good chunk of it, no nowhere near all. What I did see was pretty good, and again I was baffled at why none of the Detroit stations covered it.

The question they should be asking of every Republican is "Would you support legislation that allows ANY abortions?" or "Would you support legislation that allows for exclusions for rape, incest and health of the mother?"

and the question they should be asking every Democrat is "Would you support legislation that includes ANY ban on abortions during the pregnancy term?" or "Would you support legislation that bans abortion but allows for exclusions for rape, incest and health of the mother?"

The moderator should get a definite "yes" or "no" from the candidate and should not stop pestering them until they do give one of those two answers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:07 pm

ei ei io

Talk about media collusion.

I don't think Tim is at fault here, but Elissa is.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:33 pm

Where's the issue here? Seems like a bunch of nothing...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:12 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:33 pm
Where's the issue here? Seems like a bunch of nothing...
At least somebody around here notices it’s always a bunch of nothing masquerading as something.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:40 pm

Tim Skubick... the "Les Nessman" of Lansing, and the Capitol beat... Hard to believe he's still around.

I liked Elissa until she decided to become another carpetbagger. That's not serving your community, that's doing whatever it takes to get elected somewhere, and stay in power. Reminds me of Mrs. Clinton. But hey, like she said before moving to New York, "I loooooved Arkansas!" :lol Sure you did.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:37 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:40 pm
Tim Skubick... the "Les Nessman" of Lansing, and the Capitol beat... Hard to believe he's still around.

I liked Elissa until she decided to become another carpetbagger. That's not serving your community, that's doing whatever it takes to get elected somewhere, and stay in power. Reminds me of Mrs. Clinton. But hey, like she said before moving to New York, "I loooooved Arkansas!" :lol Sure you did.
Jack Bergman barely makes it to the state these days. I think he's been to Traverse City one time and it's the largest community in his district. There are lots of carpetbaggers in Michigan unfortunately

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:59 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:37 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:

Jack Bergman barely makes it to the state these days. I think he's been to Traverse City one time and it's the largest community in his district. There are lots of carpetbaggers in Michigan unfortunately
Uh... Slotkin "moved" so she could run for reelection. Whether she actually lives in her district or not is unknown.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:07 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:59 am
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:37 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:

Uh... Slotkin "moved" so she could run for reelection. Whether she actually lives in her district or not is unknown.
Nor is it required. Lots of Slotkin signs out and about on my travels. So it must not be registering en masse. Having East Lansing in the district probably helps her out.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:55 pm

I listened to the whole thing twice. Sounds to me like Slotkin was just "busting his balls". Wasn't really pissed or anything. Just messing with him. This is a nothing burger if you ask me.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:51 am

Circle Seven wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:55 pm
I listened to the whole thing twice. Sounds to me like Slotkin was just "busting his balls". Wasn't really pissed or anything. Just messing with him. This is a nothing burger if you ask me.
I think she finally realized she was coming off as a raging lunatic Karen, and did the whole "I'm just giving you a hard time!" excuse. Just like any other bully trying to justify their behavior would.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:05 pm

I'm already sick of her "vote for me because my mom died" commercials!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:34 pm

No, vote for her because she capped medical prescription costs! She’s the best thing going in the state if you ask me. She really gives a damn.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic