Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Digital license plates?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Digital license plates?

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:45 pm

Sounds like a government test pilot that will eventually be mandatory to once again financially punish the poor. No chance in hell I would ever support this.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:54 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:45 pm
Sounds like a government test pilot that will eventually be mandatory to once again financially punish the poor. No chance in hell I would ever support this.
A company came up with them. They are not there to financially punish the poor. Many of them drive without insurance or plates… effectively they punish themselves…

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:22 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:54 pm
A company came up with them. They are not there to financially punish the poor. Many of them drive without insurance or plates… effectively they punish themselves…
What would stop someone without insurance and plates from spotting another make and model like theirs, and display that car's plate number? It's not like the other car's plate would be reported stolen. If a cop ran the digital plate, it would come back legit. Almost sounds like a win/win as long as they don't do something stupid to get pulled over.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:40 pm

It sounds like a corporate and hacker’s wet dream.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:43 pm

Circle Seven wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:22 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:54 pm
What would stop someone without insurance and plates from spotting another make and model like theirs, and display that car's plate number? It's not like the other car's plate would be reported stolen. If a cop ran the digital plate, it would come back legit. Almost sounds like a win/win as long as they don't do something stupid to get pulled over.
I don’t think you set what it says… you have to pay for whatever is displayed I believe.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:04 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:43 pm
I don’t think you set what it says… you have to pay for whatever is displayed I believe.
Take another look at the picture of the plate.
It's a tablet. I may be wrong. But I'm thinking it would be too awfully difficult to mount a similar sized tablet to the rear of your car and have it display whatever you want.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:46 pm

Circle Seven wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:04 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:43 pm
Take another look at the picture of the plate.
It's a tablet. I may be wrong. But I'm thinking it would be too awfully difficult to mount a similar sized tablet to the rear of your car and have it display whatever you want.
Does this have any specific modifications for long lasting battery or weather proofing that might damage an iPad or something?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic