Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Anyone covering the debate tonight??

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Anyone covering the debate tonight??

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:14 pm

Dixon absolutely blew the abortion question. She is the 4th tier candidate she was when the race started. She simply isn’t ready for primetime and got her clock cleaned. I got it on 950 while driving… she blew it and sounded unprepared and unpolished. She’s out of her league.

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:16 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:11 pm
Realist wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:08 pm
I watched 15-20 minutes of it and shut it off after Dixon gave an unbelievable answer in regards to the Oxford School shooting. Dixon is a flipping dimwit
I missed that part. What did she say?
Something to the effect that Whitmer wanted the kids to be sitting ducks in the classroom, while she would give people the opportunity to arm themselves

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:18 pm

I disagree completely with your assessment that she was unprepared. Through the course of the debate, she seemed better prepared than I expected. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the abortion stuff since frankly I don't care, but I thought what I heard her say is that she's pro-life except when the life of the mother is in jeopardy and that she's not in favor of criminalizing abortion. Sounds like a reasonable position. What did I miss?

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:18 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:14 pm
Dixon absolutely blew the abortion question. She is the 4th tier candidate she was when the race started. She simply isn’t ready for primetime and got her clock cleaned. I got it on 950 while driving… she blew it and sounded unprepared and unpolished. She’s out of her league.
I especially liked it when Gretchen responded to one of Tudor’s abortion questions by saying that Tudor was either woefully ignorant or didn’t know the duties of the governor

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:26 pm

So it didn't end up being on 7. The EPG just had "19" on it but that was some other show. Wasn't on any other channel that I could find.

Went to the various websites for the channels and couldn't find it on any. Couldn't find any link on 7 or 2 and when I finally found a link on 4 (actually 4+), and started that video it was just replays of some earlier news stories.

So much for any of our local stations being concerned about an informed electorate!!!

They want voters, just want DUMB voters.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:57 pm

Realist wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:18 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:14 pm
I especially liked it when Gretchen responded to one of Tudor’s abortion questions by saying that Tudor was either woefully ignorant or didn’t know the duties of the governor
Whitmer was wrong. Dixon stated that if a constitutional amendment is passed, the governor has NO power to change that. Whitmer is confused because she thinks she's a dictator.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:14 pm

For what it's worth, Whitmer's price went from 88% before the debate to 84% after. So the people who bet on these things believe Dixon had the better debate.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:21 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:14 pm
For what it's worth, Whitmer's price went from 88% before the debate to 84% after. So the people who bet on these things believe Dixon had the better debate.
Whitmer is at 84% and you think Dixon won the debate? I'm digging the math skills...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:47 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:21 pm
bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:14 pm
Whitmer is at 84% and you think Dixon won the debate? I'm digging the math skills...
And I'm digging your 2nd grade level reading comprehension skills.
bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:06 pm
My verdict? Dixon won the debate, but it probably won't matter.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:03 pm

A1B1C1D1

Post by A1B1C1D1 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:12 pm

No question the debate helped Dixon, which was expected. Dixon has no experience in Lansing and so a constant attack position was expected. Whitmer seemed a little dazed at times at all the attacks despite spending millions on ads doing the same thing to her opponent. This race is a toss up, a lot of ballots haven't been returned yet. And attacks on Betsy Devos (a wealthy private citizen last I knew) were strange.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:31 pm

A1B1C1D1 wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:12 pm
No question the debate helped Dixon, which was expected. Dixon has no experience in Lansing and so a constant attack position was expected. Whitmer seemed a little dazed at times at all the attacks despite spending millions on ads doing the same thing to her opponent. This race is a toss up, a lot of ballots haven't been returned yet. And attacks on Betsy Devos (a wealthy private citizen last I knew) were strange.
A private citizen that previous ran the department of education for 4 years under a tyrannical fascist.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:14 pm

A1B1C1D1 wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:12 pm
That “wealthy private citizen” has a ton of influence in the Michigan Republican Party and has given a ton to Dixon… follow the money.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:15 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:03 pm
In an hours time I’m certain we can find the opposite picture… we can probably find 200 of each. What’s your point?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:20 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:18 pm
I disagree completely with your assessment that she was unprepared. Through the course of the debate, she seemed better prepared than I expected. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the abortion stuff since frankly I don't care, but I thought what I heard her say is that she's pro-life except when the life of the mother is in jeopardy and that she's not in favor of criminalizing abortion. Sounds like a reasonable position. What did I miss?
Whitmer set her up.. she said Tudor didn’t support exceptions for “rape incest and health of the mother” then when Tudor answered she only included Health of the Mother…. A prepared candidate would not have omitted Rape and incest… the hell with what she did or did not say before. Omitting those after her opponent included them in an attack on her was a rookie mistake. It’s also out of step with the mainstream that supports such exceptions and it’s an attack ad that wrote itself. Not good if you’re already not running ads of your own to gift your well-heeled opponent an attack ad.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic