Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

My voting list

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
lidoshuffle

Re: My voting list

Post by lidoshuffle » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:53 pm

To Motor City Radio Freak:
Your comment..."We need to allow woman to make their own choice on their bodies".
Except when it comes to biological adult males who feel like a female and are allowed access to female locker rooms and compete against biological females in upper/high skilled athletic competitions...
Except when it comes to vaccinations...
Dems/Libs, "The Party Of Women's Rights"
Except when it comes to gender identities and mandatory vaccinations....

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:55 pm

Taco wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:34 am
I can no longer vote Republican in good conscience. They have burned too many bridges and many are wildly corrupted with the MAGA wing and election deniers. Voting for them may lead to civil unrest during future elections because they'll think the elections were rigged and cry foul play. They'll set back civil rights way back with their anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and other things.
Child please...
But you Libs are ok with men in the women's locker rooms because they feel like a woman..

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:03 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:55 pm
Taco wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:34 am
I can no longer vote Republican in good conscience. They have burned too many bridges and many are wildly corrupted with the MAGA wing and election deniers. Voting for them may lead to civil unrest during future elections because they'll think the elections were rigged and cry foul play. They'll set back civil rights way back with their anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and other things.
Child please...
But you Libs are ok with men in the women's locker rooms because they feel like a woman..
In a time where Roe is repealed, inflation is high and Ukraine is being pulverized by the second coming of the Soviet Union… by god I think you’ve found THE issue that will win the day! How could we be so naive to think it would be something important?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:22 pm

In 2020, I voted for a Republican for Macomb County clerk, county commissioner, Macomb executive, and Macomb public works director. I have a record of splitting my ticket and crossing over when I agree with the candidate.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:31 pm

Dana Nessel is criminally incompetent and Jocelyn Benson is just plain incompetent,
Unfortunately, their GOP challengers are even worse.

Tom Leonard and Beau LaFave should've been the nominees for AG and Secretary of State, respectively.

The Detroit News editorial board, within the past 24 hours, issued an endorsement for Benson's reelection. It will be interesting to see whom they endorse for AG. It would not surprise me if they endorse either the Libertarian candidate or no one at all.

I will say if I were forced to vote for either Karamo for SOS or DePerno for AG, I'd choose Karamo as the lesser of the two evils. Although Karamo is severely underqualified for the office she is seeking and has supposedly associated herself with some questionable groups, she does not strike me as a morally unethical individual. I cannot say the same for DePerno.

I have not completely ruled out casting a vote for Karamo, but I have already completely ruled out casting a vote for DePerno.

Benson overstepped her authority regarding dispersal of 2020 election absentee ballots, and customer service was mediocre to downright poor at times in 2020 into portions of 2021, but in the past 12 months, the customer service experience at the SOS has gotten back to where it should be.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:32 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:31 pm
Dana Nessel is criminally incompetent and Jocelyn Benson is just plain incompetent,

Tom Leonard and Beau LaFave should've been the nominees for AG and Secretary of State, respectively.

The Detroit News editorial board, within the past 24 hours, issued an endorsement for Benson's reelection. It will be interesting to see whom they endorse for AG. It would not surprise me if they endorse either the Libertarian candidate or no one at all.

I will say if I were forced to vote for either Karamo for SOS or DePerno for AG, I'd choose Karamo as the lesser of the two evils. Although Karamo is severely underqualified for the office she is seeking and has supposedly associated herself with some questionable groups, she does not strike me as a morally unethical individual. I cannot say the same for DePerno.

I have not completely ruled out casting a vote for Karamo, but I have already completely ruled out casting a vote for DePerno.

Benson overstepped her authority regarding dispersal of 2020 election absentee ballots, and customer service was mediocre to downright poor at times in 2020 into portions of 2021, but in the past 12 months, the customer service experience at the SOS has gotten back to where it should be.
Sending everyone an application is NOT the same as sending everyone a ballot. The former happened. The latter did not.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:57 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:31 pm

I am sure the fact she said she wrestles with demonic powers got Audio hard.
Sending everyone an application is NOT the same as sending everyone a ballot. The former happened. The latter did not.
Correct. You have to ask for a ballot to be sent to you.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:19 am

Wenke who runs for everything in Kazoo county is running for congress he ran in 2016 for congress he didn't get a lot of votes, and I doubt Wenke will not get a lot of votes this time around VS Bill Huizenga no Dem is challenging as a person that was running on the Dem side didn't have enough sigs to run in the primary. I remember Wenke did Q&A's on a freaking sidewalk in 2010 for the state senate using old signs with a truck in a parking lot or in a grass area on a busy street which I saw today. Wenke should give it up you aren't going to win kinda like Jack who ran for everything ran for Governor in 2006 he quit like most of Devos's challengers in 06, US Senate 08 VS Levin & congress but lost in the primary to Fred Upton 2010 & 2012 Club For Growth left Jack hanging after doing 2 ads in winter of 12 decided that Jack wasn't going to win and didn't want to waste money on the race.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

A1B1C1D1

Post by A1B1C1D1 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:10 pm

The Detroit News declined to endorse either. Of course if Mayor Daley were running for Michigan AG the Free Press wouldn't hesitate to endorse him. 😀 Some politicians that are suspected of being corrupt get things done... Chicago now or Chicago then.

In reality it is one or the other. If they believe their endorsement is of value to their paying subscribers they should have picked one and then outlined the absurdly difficult recall process to get their point across. If they don't believe they are of value, they should drop the whole process.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:56 pm

A1B1C1D1 wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:10 pm
The Detroit News declined to endorse either. Of course if Mayor Daley were running for Michigan AG the Free Press wouldn't hesitate to endorse him. 😀 Some politicians that are suspected of being corrupt get things done... Chicago now or Chicago then.

In reality it is one or the other. If they believe their endorsement is of value to their paying subscribers they should have picked one and then outlined the absurdly difficult recall process to get their point across. If they don't believe they are of value, they should drop the whole process.
I think just like debates.. endorsements mean very little in todays extremely divided world.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:43 am

Ann Arbor Mayor: Eric Lipson

University of Michigan Regents: Michael Behm and Katherine White

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:13 am

I would be OK with proposal 3 if it included the so called viability clause rather than just allow for the legislature and Governor to potentially vote one in.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:09 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:13 am
I would be OK with proposal 3 if it included the so called viability clause rather than just allow for the legislature and Governor to potentially vote one in.
I wouldn’t mind that.

Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:21 am

dchildress wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:12 pm
Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:22 am
Whitmer excelled???

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Or wait, are you saying she excelled at reducing freedoms and fucking over small businesses AND killing elderly people in nursing homes?

Dana Nessel is criminally incompetent and Jocelyn Benson is just plain incompetent, which is hilarious given that SHE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT BEING SOS BEFORE SHE HAD THE POSITION. Imagine being one of the rubes that bought that!

Also, U-M passed $15/hour on all three campuses in 2021, so it's not particularly relevant to this year's election.

You're lying about proposal 1:
The bipartisan coalition Voters for Transparency and Term Limits is backing the ballot measure. Rich Studley, former CEO of the Michigan Chamber of Commerce, and Mark Gaffney, former president of the Michigan AFL-CIO, lead the coalition.
Proposal 1 allows individuals to serve less time overall, but more time in one house AND requires additional financial disclosures.

Proposal 3 clears the way for parental consent to be nullified. You're a fool if you can't see that.

I have to end with the fact that it is hilarious that you're saying don't let a party dictate your vote, yet in every case you endorsed a Democrat or a fringe party candidate. You incorrectly label ALL Republicans as fascists
Nessel wants one of these in every one of your kids’ classrooms.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realchrisruf ... 7327449088
Except all they do is read to children. Something your mother neglected to do. Go away. No one wants you here.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic