Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

My voting list

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

My voting list

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:21 pm

Endorsements for General Election 2022:

Gretchen Whitmer(D): While I have disagreed with her rejection of the MI House and Senate plan for a gas tax holiday, she excelled during 2020 when we needed her most. She cut through the red tape(ie Snyder) to extend unemployment benefits during the pandemic. She enforced public lockdowns which prevented countless deaths. We need to allow woman to make their own choice on their bodies.

Jocelyn Benson(D) for SOS. I’ll be honest that I would probably vote 3rd party if Kristine Karamo wasn’t running. But in all fairness, she recovered from some bad choices in 2020 and has righted the ship on appointment availability in offices.

Dana Nessel(D) for AG. Dana has been busy in her office. She has brought several anti trust suits against crony capitalists in the state. She has successfully prosecuted those who wished our governor harm. She lessened the difficulty for my my transgender and non conforming friends to change their gender marker on their license. She won’t tolerate evil. Her only misstep was with the prosecution of former governor Snyder.

US Congress 10th District: Carl Marlinga(D). I admit that I have not always been in the Marlinga camp. But John James(R) is getting tons of dark money from big oil and Betsy DeVos. Now is the time to stand up against the fascists and those who would seek to privatize our entire educational system. He also helped my friend Lorie Barnwell.

State Senator 10th District: Paul Wojno(D). Paul and his office personally have helped me multiple times. The first was when I needed help in how I would proceed in recouping funds from my former employer. The second was in 2020 with extending unemployment and reaching a contact in that bustling office. Paul Smith is another lunatic.

State Representative Representative: Nate Shannon(D): Nate supported crucial spending to fix our roads and supported protections for our teachers, both from the pandemic and ongoing gun violence. Michelle Smith is another DeVos plant.

Board of Education:
Mitchell Robinson(D): He wants to strengthen funding for public education for all and also reduce standardized testing. He has been a professor at MSU for 20 years, and I really feel that the board needs someone representing an education background.
Mary Ann Hering(Working Class): Mary knows that there is a H*** disparity between inner city schools and those in wealthy areas. Sadly, few are willing to acknowledge that such a disparity exists. She will seek to bridge that gap.

UM Regents:
Mike Behm(D): He supports greater initiatives to reduce sexual assault and misconducts which has been a big problem at Michigan obviously. He is for the $15 wage for all people on campus, including work study.

Sherry Wells(Green): She is for the $15 wage initiative as well and recognized the disparity at U-M Flint in getting that same wage as U-M Ann Arbor. She also has a strong law background which will serve the board well in the wake of the sex abuse scandal.

MSU Regents:
Mike Denno(D) also supports the fight for $15 and is serious about cutting the budget when needed.

Claranna Gelineau(Libertarian): In her questionnaire response, she cited the two sex abuse scandals as evidence that student safety needs to get better. The government needs to step in to stop predatory loans. She also would like to strengthen online course availability for people to graduate.

WSU Board, another election of marginal candidates(sigh), but these are the best choices.

Marilyn Kelly(D): she has served on two different university boards. She wants to expand virtual learning.

Marc Sosnowski(US Taxpayer): He wants to end the cruel animal testing lab that previously resulted in the deaths of so many dogs. He believes in expanding trade school offerings and virtual learning as well.

Michigan Supreme Court:

Richard Bernstein(Democrat endorsed): There is no one better to fight for the needs of the disabled than a blind lawyer. Case closed.

Kerry Morgan(independent): Kerry is a strong believer of the 4th amendment as a libertarian minded candidate. He also believes that the influence of the Michigan Bar has become too partisan. I agree.

Appeals Court District 2:

Sima Patel. I believe that her experience and her decisions on the court have been wise. She has a commitment to diversity and inclusion.

Macomb Circuit Court:

Terri Lynn Dennings. I was really impressed with her ability to be fair and firm in my discussions with her this past week at a small gathering. She handled a particular difficult person at the event with strength and grace.

Macomb Executive:
Neither candidate cares/cared about the pandemic. Both have a history of threatening behavior. Therefore, no endorsement from me.

Macomb Commissioners District 13: Mai Xiong(D) has earned another term. She supports mass transits. She cleans up our roads. She asks the appropriate probing questions during meetings to get answers. She voted to protect women.

Warren Con Board endorsements: I am supporting the candidates who uphold safety standards as far as guns and the pandemic: Megan Papasian Broadwell, Sue Trombley, and Kyle Johnson. “If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it.”

MCC Trustee:
Only one endorsement at this time.
Katherine Lorenzo. She wants to improve the college’s protection from cyber terrorism which is a big problem with small institutions.

Proposals:

State

1. No. This proposal is being pushed by establishment politicians like Chase Bulger(R) and others. I don’t like any term limits, but this plan limits options for voters. I think a candidate has a right/privilege to run for MI Senate and the House. Plus, I think the transparency amendment chunk of it will be neutered by the next MI House/Senate.

2. No. I think our safeguards are already good enough. Read the fine print “allow donations that fund elections to be disclosed”. This means an establishment of a state database to track which campaigns you gave towards. People have told me “There already is disclosure through campaign finance docs online.” True, but this makes it easier to have centralized information leading for people to people to be targeted for whom they support.

3. Yes. Woman have the right over their bodies. There is NO truth to the idea that parental consent is waived. That is fear mongering. Women and doctors also need discretion in entopic (sp?) pregnancies.

County

SMART Renewal: Yes, the disabled need to have a way to get to work and doctor’s appointments.

Veterans Renewal: Yes. Our veterans need local funding because the VA is run like crap.

MISD New Special Needs County Millage: No. I am all for special education, but such expansion needs to be approved by local school boards. We cannot handle another tax at the county level at this time.

I have made my own decisions based on advisement from vote411.org. I recommend you do the same and don’t let a party dictate how you vote.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Re: My voting list

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:22 am

Whitmer excelled???

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Or wait, are you saying she excelled at reducing freedoms and fucking over small businesses AND killing elderly people in nursing homes?

Dana Nessel is criminally incompetent and Jocelyn Benson is just plain incompetent, which is hilarious given that SHE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT BEING SOS BEFORE SHE HAD THE POSITION. Imagine being one of the rubes that bought that!

Also, U-M passed $15/hour on all three campuses in 2021, so it's not particularly relevant to this year's election.

You're lying about proposal 1:
The bipartisan coalition Voters for Transparency and Term Limits is backing the ballot measure. Rich Studley, former CEO of the Michigan Chamber of Commerce, and Mark Gaffney, former president of the Michigan AFL-CIO, lead the coalition.
Proposal 1 allows individuals to serve less time overall, but more time in one house AND requires additional financial disclosures.

Proposal 3 clears the way for parental consent to be nullified. You're a fool if you can't see that.

I have to end with the fact that it is hilarious that you're saying don't let a party dictate your vote, yet in every case you endorsed a Democrat or a fringe party candidate. You incorrectly label ALL Republicans as fascists
Last edited by Matt on Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:46 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:22 am
Whitmer excelled???

Or wait, are you saying she excelled at reducing freedoms and fucking over small businesses AND killing elderly people in nursing homes?

Dana Nessel is criminally incompetent and Jocelyn Benson is just plain incompetent, which is hilarious given that SHE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT BEING SOS BEFORE SHE HAD THE POSITION. Imagine being one of the rubes that bought that!
And all three are up double digits… how bout that?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:52 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:46 am
Matt wrote:
Whitmer excelled???

You posted a Trafalgar poll that showed Dixon down 6. Also, how does a poll change what I stated?

Edit: An additional CBS News/YouGov poll YOU posted yesterday has it as a six point race.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:23 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:52 am
Rate This wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:46 am
Matt wrote:
Whitmer excelled???

You posted a Trafalgar poll that showed Dixon down 6. Also, how does a poll change what I stated?

Edit: An additional CBS News/YouGov poll YOU posted yesterday has it as a six point race.
You make it sound as though she should LOSE by 20. But it’s quite evident that people don’t agree. She consistently is at 53-55 approval and that latest poll puts her at 53.

Taco

Post by Taco » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:34 am

I can no longer vote Republican in good conscience. They have burned too many bridges and many are wildly corrupted with the MAGA wing and election deniers. Voting for them may lead to civil unrest during future elections because they'll think the elections were rigged and cry foul play. They'll set back civil rights way back with their anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and other things.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:41 am

Taco wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:34 am
I can no longer vote Republican in good conscience. They have burned too many bridges and many are wildly corrupted with the MAGA wing and election deniers. Voting for them may lead to civil unrest during future elections because they'll think the elections were rigged and cry foul play. They'll set back civil rights way back with their anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and other things.
You never voted Republican, enchilada.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:19 am

Why does Prop 3 have to be so convoluted? All it needed to say was "the right of a woman to have an abortion prior to fetal viability shall not be infringed." There - language everybody can understand (well, maybe except for our new SCOTUS judge who can't define woman).

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:59 pm

Matt wrote:
Whitmer excelled???

Also, U-M passed $15/hour on all three campuses in 2021, so it's not particularly relevant to this year's election.

The bipartisan coalition Voters for Transparency and Term Limits is backing the ballot measure. Rich Studley, former CEO of the Michigan Chamber of Commerce, and Mark Gaffney, former president of the Michigan AFL-CIO, lead the coalition.
Proposal 1 allows individuals to serve less time overall, but more time in one house AND requires additional financial disclosures.

Proposal 3 clears the way for parental consent to be nullified. You're a fool if you can't see that.

I have to end with the fact that it is hilarious that you're saying don't let a party dictate your vote, yet in every case you endorsed a Democrat or a fringe party candidate. You incorrectly label ALL Republicans as fascists
The Republicans trotted out by the MI GOP are extreme. It actually broke my heart that I couldn’t in good conscience vote for a decent Republican this year. And I am breaking with Democrats on Proposal 1 and 2.

I am also supporting an independent for the Supreme Court.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:15 pm

Matt wrote:
Whitmer excelled???

Ms. Gelineau’s point is that U-M Ann Arbor gets the $15 an hour right away. U-M Flint won’t get it until 2025.

Audacity sucks.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:09 am

John James doesn't get dark money and isn't for big oil either. Dana is the worse AG in Michigan history I'm voting for Joe McHugh how I wish Tom won GOP nom for AG he could've beaten Dana as she is beatable, SOS Benson, Gov Dixon wish it was James Craig damn not having enough sigs for the primary.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

kager

Post by kager » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:26 am

How you vote should be a private affair; I've never seen anyone take down voting booth walls or tear up the privacy envelope included with their ballot no matter the motive, though I suppose in this world gone mad someone's doing it somewhere.

At least posting it here is just entertainment... it won't influence anyone in the least.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:56 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:19 am
Why does Prop 3 have to be so convoluted? All it needed to say was "the right of a woman to have an abortion prior to fetal viability shall not be infringed." There - language everybody can understand (well, maybe except for our new SCOTUS judge who can't define woman).
Yep, just insane. A proposal "about women's rights" that doesn't even have the word "women", "woman", "female" or "mother" in it anywhere.

georgetownt

Post by georgetownt » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:28 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Matt wrote:
Whitmer excelled???

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

The Republicans trotted out by the MI GOP are extreme. It actually broke my heart that I couldn’t in good conscience vote for a decent Republican this year. And I am breaking with Democrats on Proposal 1 and 2.

A Republican broke your heart, so you couldn't vote for one? Right. When proper pronoun usage is one of your main concerns you never considered a GOP. Being truthful can feel empowering.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:51 pm

georgetownt wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:28 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Matt wrote:
Whitmer excelled???

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

A Republican broke your heart, so you couldn't vote for one? Right. When proper pronoun usage is one of your main concerns you never considered a GOP. Being truthful can feel empowering.
No, the party has moved too far right. I have had Republicans in the past that I have voted for: Candace Miller, Terri Lynn Land, and others.

My number one issue is stopping inflation, and that means stopping capitalist pig oligarchs. It’s not pronouns. Time for you people to be honest and stop with the demonic powers and no exceptions shit.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic