Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan man shoots 84-year-old pro-life volunteer collecting signatures against Prop 3

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Michigan man shoots 84-year-old pro-life volunteer collecting signatures against Prop 3

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:13 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:49 pm
I think the point is you are fine conjuring up an extremely overinflated "danger" as justification to shoot anyone you disagree with.
So, like most police officers? Like Abbott and DeSantis?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Re: Michigan man shoots 84-year-old pro-life volunteer collecting signatures against Prop 3

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:34 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:13 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:49 pm
I think the point is you are fine conjuring up an extremely overinflated "danger" as justification to shoot anyone you disagree with.
So, like most police officers? Like Abbott and DeSantis?
It’s the American way.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:44 pm

There's enough straw men in this thread to start a scare crow farm.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:16 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:44 pm
There's enough straw men in this thread to start a scare crow farm.
True words from the King of straw...

I should start another factual discussion about COVID just to see you spin your magic.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:26 pm

To get back on point, you said shooting an 84-year-old woman in the shoulder who was walking away, with nothing more than a clipboard, pen, and paper in-hand, was a "reasonable decision."

Your "reasoning" skills are not only terrible, but if you think that is reasonable, then you are probably (or rather DEFINITELY) someone who should not be allowed to legally own a gun.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:34 pm

You're nuts. I am perfectly reasoned in my opinion about your terrorist group and how citizens should prepare to defend themselves from the history of violence. Given the fact that this group is out canvassing I'd suggest every person here be armed and ready to take action. They have a demonstrated History of violence.

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:04 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:34 pm
You're nuts. I am perfectly reasoned in my opinion about your terrorist group and how citizens should prepare to defend themselves from the history of violence. Given the fact that this group is out canvassing I'd suggest every person here be armed and ready to take action. They have a demonstrated History of violence.
Are you concerned she would be back with more than a clipboard, pen and paper?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:49 am

What the homeowner did was completely inexcusable, and rightfully, the Ionia County proscecutor has brought criminal charges against him:

https://www.woodtv.com/news/ionia-count ... volunteer/

The dumb shit said "it was an accident." That is no excuse. He had no business pointing that gun at the canvasser with his finger inside the trigger guard. As bmw noted in his opening post, he sure didn't seem very worried about the woman's welfare when placing the call to 911.

By the way, when the exchange of words got heated seconds earlier, all his stupid wife needed to do was close the door, tell the canvasser "have a nice day," and go back inside the house.

I agree with bmw that it's a shame the maximum penalty for the charges brought is not more serious. I'm also worried that there will be a plea bargain whereby the felony count gets dropped.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:27 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:04 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:34 pm
Are you concerned she would be back with more than a clipboard, pen and paper?
Even RT sees the flaws of your logic, frankly I'm not sure why you not in DBR with your call to arms and religious hatred, TCT.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:44 pm

Such a paradox, the part that supports "Life" and loves Jesus has no problem with people owning military grade weapons. Once the child comes into this world " that's not governments job, you should of taken responsibility you little 5 Rand whore" .

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:13 pm

Mr. Peabody wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:44 pm
Such a paradox, the part that supports "Life" and loves Jesus has no problem with people owning military grade weapons. Once the child comes into this world " that's not governments job, you should of taken responsibility you little 5 Rand whore" .
So I'll assume that you're in the same boat as TC Talks - that shooting helpless 84 year old ladies in the shoulder is reasonable?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:41 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:13 pm
Mr. Peabody wrote:
So I'll assume that you're in the same boat as TC Talks - that shooting helpless 84 year old ladies in the shoulder is reasonable?
What if she comes back with some armed folks to "convince" the people?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:59 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:41 pm
bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:13 pm
Mr. Peabody wrote:
What if she comes back with some armed folks to "convince" the people?
Only in your fantasies.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:05 pm

I must be living in the Twilight Zone. Seriously, what is wrong with you people on the left? You know, THIS is part of the reason your side is going to lose seats in November.

I mean seriously - is this your defense of him RT, that he was justified in shooting her because she "might" come back with posse? TC Talks is a nutcase, so I expect this kind of nonsense from him. But I thought you were one of the more sane lefties in these parts.

I'm genuinely at a loss for words here.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:06 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:05 pm
I must be living in the Twilight Zone. Seriously, what is wrong with you people on the left? You know, THIS is part of the reason your side is going to lose seats in November.

I mean seriously - is this your defense of him RT, that he was justified in shooting her because she "might" come back with posse? TC Talks is a nutcase, so I expect this kind of nonsense from him. But I thought you were one of the more sane lefties in these parts.

I'm genuinely at a loss for words here.
I merely asked a question. Not defending the shooter and I’m not taking TC’s side — he’s nuts if he thinks what happened based on what we know makes a damn bit of sense. But I’m asking — what if the guy knew something about the organization she was from and feared for a FUTURE violent event? More of a legal mechanics question than a defense of anything so please don’t take it as anything more than a question.

But legally speaking does anything change if you fear a future recourse and shoot someone to prevent it ahead of time?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic