Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dixon cratered family's foundry

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Dixon cratered family's foundry

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:09 pm

It seems the Republicans didn't vet their candidate very well and she bankrupted her family's business laying off the entire workforce.

I can't see how any Blue collar Republican would be interested in voting for her. I find it particularly interesting how she has touted her time working at the company as a H*** success...
MUSKEGON — An empty field marks the spot where Tudor Dixon began her professional career in Michigan’s steel industry, surrounding warehouses the only visible reminders of her family's foundry that shuttered in late 2012 and was later demolished.

Dixon, the Republican nominee for governor, has touted her seven years as an executive at Michigan Steel Inc. as evidence she’s prepared for “tough battles” as governor. She has distanced herself, though, from the eventual collapse of her father’s firm, which occurred three years after she left the company upon becoming pregnant with her first child.

But court records reviewed by Bridge Michigan indicate the Muskegon foundry struggled with cash flow while Dixon worked there, well before Michigan Steel laid off its entire workforce — which had topped at near 300 employees — and liquidated the company her dad purchased in 2002.

"They were always slow payment," said Tim Kmiecik. CEO of White Eagle Steel of Spring Lake, which sued Michigan Steel over unpaid bills from 2008.

"It seemed to be half-assed, to be quite frank."

Dixon's campaign declined an interview request about her tenure at the steel foundry. In an email, a spokesperson said Dixon was “not involved in or aware of any of the lawsuits” and described her role in the company in more limited terms than she has in the past.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Re: Dixon cratered family's foundry

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:26 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:09 pm
It seems the Republicans didn't vet their candidate very well and she bankrupted her family's business laying off the entire workforce.

I can't see how any Blue collar Republican would be interested in voting for her. I find it particularly interesting how she has touted her time working at the company as a H*** success...
MUSKEGON — An empty field marks the spot where Tudor Dixon began her professional career in Michigan’s steel industry, surrounding warehouses the only visible reminders of her family's foundry that shuttered in late 2012 and was later demolished.

Dixon, the Republican nominee for governor, has touted her seven years as an executive at Michigan Steel Inc. as evidence she’s prepared for “tough battles” as governor. She has distanced herself, though, from the eventual collapse of her father’s firm, which occurred three years after she left the company upon becoming pregnant with her first child.

But court records reviewed by Bridge Michigan indicate the Muskegon foundry struggled with cash flow while Dixon worked there, well before Michigan Steel laid off its entire workforce — which had topped at near 300 employees — and liquidated the company her dad purchased in 2002.

"They were always slow payment," said Tim Kmiecik. CEO of White Eagle Steel of Spring Lake, which sued Michigan Steel over unpaid bills from 2008.

Dixon's campaign declined an interview request about her tenure at the steel foundry. In an email, a spokesperson said Dixon was “not involved in or aware of any of the lawsuits” and described her role in the company in more limited terms than she has in the past.
So she’s either lying about not knowing what was up with being sued for unpaid bills or she embellished her role there… Not surprised. She’s down 13 to Whitmer right now. Hammering this will hurt her. This is what you get when the person who would have gotten 8% and ran in 5th in the primary wins.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:35 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:26 pm
TC Talks wrote:

So she’s either lying about not knowing what was up with being sued for unpaid bills or she embellished her role there… Not surprised. She’s down 13 to Whitmer right now. Hammering this will hurt her. This is what you get when the person who would have gotten 8% and ran in 5th in the primary wins.
With 13% undecided, where undecideds break toward the challenger. An incumbent under 50% = vulnerable. No wonder tyrant Whitmer wants to avoid debates. Her record is abysmal and she should have to answer for her illegal shutdowns EVERY. FUCKING. DAY.

I'm not surprised that, once again, TCT did not source his copy/paste.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:43 pm

Bridge magazine, as you could have determined by googling it.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:30 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:43 pm
It even said it in the article.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:31 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:35 pm
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

With 13% undecided, where undecideds break toward the challenger. An incumbent under 50% = vulnerable. No wonder tyrant Whitmer wants to avoid debates. Her record is abysmal and she should have to answer for her illegal shutdowns EVERY. FUCKING. DAY.

Undecideds don’t all break for the challenger… and her approval is in the mid-50’s. You’re likely to lose this one bud.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:53 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:31 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Undecideds don’t all break for the challenger… and her approval is in the mid-50’s. You’re likely to lose this one bud.
I'm not making a prediction - I just don't think it's a done deal. I can say that if Whitmer wins, we all lose.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:59 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:53 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:31 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

I'm not making a prediction - I just don't think it's a done deal. I can say that if Whitmer wins, we all lose.
She’s at 48… with 13% undecided. It’s extremely unlikely they would break 12-1 for the challenger. “We all lose” is relative… if 54% approve of her and she wins In a blowout (7% or more) the will of the voters will disagree with you. Whatever the majority number is will be thinking “we all lose” if we put Tudor in.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:17 pm

Matt,

Can we ridicule you relentlessly when Whitmer wins?

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:25 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:17 pm
Matt,

No - she deserves to be defeated.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:29 pm

TC Talks wrote:
It isn't our job to Google it's your job to cite and credit your sources.
That is stuff kids start to learn in the 4th grade.
By high school your work would get a failing grade if you didn't cite your sources.
Did you go to high school?

I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:30 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:25 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:17 pm
Matt,

No - she deserves to be defeated.
Since you have a better chance of being struck by lightning you had better go buy a helmet.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:31 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:29 pm
TC Talks wrote:
By high school your work would get a failing grade if you didn't cite your sources.
In this case it did actually say it right in the article. Not exactly citing but one would begin to ask you questions if you couldn’t pick up on that…

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:42 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:31 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:29 pm
TC Talks wrote:
In this case it did actually say it right in the article. Not exactly citing but one would begin to ask you questions if you couldn’t pick up on that…
If a quote isn't properly cited I don't even read it. Why would I? It's hypothetically possible he could have made up the whole thing.
You don't think citing sources is proper or important either? Did you go to high school? Why are you defending an uncited quote?

And at the bottom of every post he does it says "© 2022 TC Talks Holdings LP. All Rights Reserved. By reading my content you agree to my privacy policy and my terms of usage. Down with the Man."
That doesn't strike you as a bit hypocritical?

I no longer directly engage trolls

kager

Post by kager » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:11 pm

More like a bad joke.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic