Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Lena Epstein (U-M Regents candidate) seems like a real piece of work...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Lena Epstein (U-M Regents candidate) seems like a real piece of work...

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:13 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:00 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:16 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:27 pm
In The Bleachers wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:50 am
Rate:
Maybe I missed it in your post.
Is she on the end, or in the middle?
Sorry she is indeed the one on the left. The other is Kimberly Guilfoyle formerly of FOX and originally in charge of making Gavin Newsom smile.
Did she peg him?
Why the fuck does it matter?
Ugh, stop getting offended every time a joke is made. Besides that, maybe Don Jr. likes getting pegged too.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:34 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:13 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
In The Bleachers wrote:
Rate:
Sorry she is indeed the one on the left. The other is Kimberly Guilfoyle formerly of FOX and originally in charge of making Gavin Newsom smile.
Did she peg him?
Ugh, stop getting offended every time a joke is made. Besides that, maybe Don Jr. likes getting pegged too.
I don't think it means anything and certainly not a negative. I guess I am not Republican and obsess over the sex lives of others.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:37 pm

Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:34 pm
Matt wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
In The Bleachers wrote:
Rate:
Did she peg him?
I don't think it means anything and certainly not a negative. I guess I am not Republican and obsess over the sex lives of others.
Try and keep up with the conversation: RT, decidedly NOT a Republican, made the first sexual comment.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:48 pm

Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:34 pm
Matt wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
In The Bleachers wrote:
Rate:
Did she peg him?
Yeah in this case the initial joke was her pleasing Gavin Newsom… you can deactivate your radar… false alarm.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:33 am

RT suggestion that her facial expression is a determining factor if they are phony is essentially discrimination based on looks.

For instance, if you have a proper jaw that fully supports wisdom teeth, it's hard to make certain facial expressions without looking a bit goofy.

That means nothing, unless you are trying to be a movie star. Very superficial RT.

The Mackinaw and stop sign incidents do concern me, however.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:43 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:33 am
RT suggestion that her facial expression is a determining factor if they are phony is essentially discrimination based on looks.

For instance, if you have a proper jaw that fully supports wisdom teeth, it's hard to make certain facial expressions without looking a bit goofy.

That means nothing, unless you are trying to be a movie star. Very superficial RT.

The Mackinaw and stop sign incidents do concern me, however.
What someone looks like absolutely effects how someone perceives them. 80% of communication is body language. If you look goofy people may be less inclined to vote for you. You would likely have a taller hill to climb to overcome that. Not impossible but it puts someone at a disadvantage. It’s the same reason Kennedy was seen as much more likable than Nixon in 1960. He looked a lot better on camera at the Televised debates than the five o’clock shadow and sweating like a pig Nixon.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:27 pm

Some of y'all should think about running for a university regent. MSU. UofM. Wayne State.
Let's face it. Voters have no idea who these people are.
Get on the ballot, make a meme, have everyone you know share it on Facebook. Keep posting the meme once a week.
People are going to vote for you just because you're the only one they recognize. It's actually doable if you think about it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:57 am

In The Bleachers wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:27 pm
Some of y'all should think about running for a university regent. MSU. UofM. Wayne State.
Get on the ballot, make a meme, have everyone you know share it on Facebook. Keep posting the meme once a week.
People are going to vote for you just because you're the only one they recognize. It's actually doable if you think about it.
Most Michiganders are probably at least aware of half of the U-M Regents:
-Mark Bernstein
-Denise Ilitch
-Jordan Acker
-Ron Weiser

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:19 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:57 am
-Mark Bernstein
-Denise Ilitch
-Jordan Acker
-Ron Weiser
I'll agree. So who would I vote for? Sam Bernstein's son, or a name I've seen plastered all over social media? Like I said, I think a social media blitz could get someone elected to something like this. City council. Country commissioner. College regent. Keep plastering your name on Facebook and Twitter. Make TicTok and YouTube videos. It may be an unconventional way to run for office. But for something fairly local, I think it's doable.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:56 pm

Matt wrote:
In The Bleachers wrote:
-Mark Bernstein
-Denise Ilitch
-Jordan Acker
-Ron Weiser
Ron is one of the least crazy GOP members. Still voting for Denise and Mark as well as Richard Bernstein. I guess Beth will be running the show down at Bernstein Law.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:58 pm

Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:56 pm
Ron is one of the least crazy GOP members. Still voting for Denise and Mark as well as Richard Bernstein. I guess Beth will be running the show down at Bernstein Law.
Sounds like a plan.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:12 pm

Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:56 pm
Matt wrote:
In The Bleachers wrote:
-Mark Bernstein
-Denise Ilitch
-Jordan Acker
-Ron Weiser
Denise isn't on the ballot this year, but I recommend giving her the boot when she is up. The two incumbents up are Michael Behm and Kathy White, both Democrats. I am endorsing both.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:24 am

Ironically, we have a conservative named Joseph Backus running for Macomb Community College Trustee. To my knowledge, no relation to Jeff. I am voting for him.

As far as the state candidates, I will make up my mind once the League of Women Voters' guide goes to press. That is other than Whitmer and Nessel. Jocelyn Benson did piss me off with the appointment system debacle. She will probably get my vote, but I want to read what the third party candidates have to say.

Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:51 am

Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:24 am
Ironically, we have a conservative named Joseph Backus running for Macomb Community College Trustee. To my knowledge, no relation to Jeff. I am voting for him.

As far as the state candidates, I will make up my mind once the League of Women Voters' guide goes to press. That is other than Whitmer and Nessel. Jocelyn Benson did piss me off with the appointment system debacle. She will probably get my vote, but I want to read what the third party candidates have to say.
Ladies and gentleman… with an assist from MCRF… please welcome Secretary of State Karamo.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:02 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:51 am
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:24 am

Ladies and gentleman… with an assist from MCRF… please welcome Secretary of State Karamo.
I said I wasn't making any judgment at all. No assist for anything. I have every right to vote 3rd party if I were to do anyways. I said I probably WILL vote for her.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic