Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

2 more idiots invited to prison

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

2 more idiots invited to prison

Post by TC Talks » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:18 pm

This "Trump Revolution" is sure taking the ignorant rural white trash off the street....

Tuesday, jurors in a second trial found the two remaining defendants guilty, providing a measure of vindication to federal law enforcement in a case filled with public setbacks.

Prosecutors described the men, Barry Croft and Adam Fox, as threats to democracy who planned to capture Gov. Gretchen Whitmer at her vacation home in 2020 and instigate a national rebellion. They told jurors how the men went on “reconnaissance missions” to the home, how they accumulated high-powered guns and how they discussed blowing up a bridge to prevent the police from responding to the kidnapping.

The case was seen as indicative of the rising threat of political violence and right-wing domestic terrorism, even before the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. But proving the charges in Michigan meant persuading jurors to trust a sprawling F.B.I. investigation that included several undercover federal operatives.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: 2 more idiots invited to prison

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:30 pm

Although I believe the jury reached the proper decision, the judge's handling of a couple controversial matters that arose worries me. I think there's a chance an appeal could succeed, thereby necessitating yet another retrial.

Edit - upon reading about the info unsealed by the judge this evening, I now feel better. I think the chances for successful appeal are quite slim now.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:50 am

In the words of Drew & Mike: "Seeee ya biiiitch."

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:38 am

When people started getting accused of plotting to abduct Whitmer, most were in agreement that it was just "bar talk" and the accused were not prosecuted.

Reading what Freak started this thread with, it appears this lovely couple went over and beyond bar talk. Does anyone know if these two were part of the first group?

Check out the guy on the right in the two mug shots Freak posted. Reminds me of that picture of the mutant twins some of you would post a couple years ago when you were talking about Bidet.

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:05 am

I wonder if either of them posted on here? :eek

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:34 pm

Mr. Peabody wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:05 am
I wonder if either of them posted on here? :eek
A worthwhile question to be sure....

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic