Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer VS Dixon

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FakeAndyStuart

Re: Whitmer VS Dixon

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:23 am

Watch this and remember Kansas - Tudor is already toast.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:32 am

It clear that Whitmer is the pro-death candidate after what she did in nursing homes but you'll avoid that discussion.

Anyway, with your hacked, out-of-context clips, there is big difference between "health" of mother and "life" of mother. Health of mother could be meaningless - like stretch lines or mild nausea. The term "health of mother" is a cleaver loophole the left invented, it's BS and you know it.

What about the health of the nursing home patients that couldn't see their family even outdoors? Or those the lost their businesses as a result of illegal lockdown EO's? You don't think a number have lost "health" from the stress? If can acknowledge Whitmer's sins, that then maybe, we can have a good conversation on this topic.
Last edited by audiophile on Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:45 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:32 am
It clear that Whitmer is the pro-death candidate after what she did in nursing homes.

To stay on topic, with your hacked out-of-context clips, there is big between health of mother and life of mother. Health of mother could meaningless - like stretch lines or nausea. It's BS and you know it.
On topic? The title is "Whitmer vs Dixon" - it's not my clip, its a TV spot that is or will start running soon in Michigan TV markets, paid for by some sort of PAC (I really don't know who bought it.) Imagine, a TV ad with "out of context" clips? Who woulda thought?
And the point is, it doesn't matter what Dixon says or does in this race. Look at Kansas. Check voter registration numbers. There is no red wave coming. Not saying it won't be close.. oh sorry, yes I am, it won't be close.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:41 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:45 am
audiophile wrote:
It clear that Whitmer is the pro-death candidate after what she did in nursing homes.

To stay on topic, with your hacked out-of-context clips, there is big between health of mother and life of mother. Health of mother could meaningless - like stretch lines or nausea. It's BS and you know it.
On topic? The title is "Whitmer vs Dixon" - it's not my clip, its a TV spot that is or will start running soon in Michigan TV markets, paid for by some sort of PAC (I really don't know who bought it.) Imagine, a TV ad with "out of context" clips? Who woulda thought?
And the point is, it doesn't matter what Dixon says or does in this race. Look at Kansas. Check voter registration numbers. There is no red wave coming. Not saying it won't be close.. oh sorry, yes I am, it won't be close.
The Supreme Court opened Pandora’s box and energized a lot of folks who weren’t energized before on this topic. This is no longer a typical midterm. The generic polls are already swinging from Republican to Democrat by as much as 4-5 points. Abortion and womens rights backlashes coupled with some extremely weak candidates in key races are not helping the GOP. They may snatch defeat from the jaws of victory here. This is what happens when you start messing with something broadly popular. And this thing lost by 20 in Kansas which is deep red with a turnout not that much smaller than 2020’s and it was a PRIMARY. Turnout is way up across the board. All red flags for republicans. Abortion will be used just like in that ad as a noose around their necks.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:18 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:41 am
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:45 am
audiophile wrote:

The Supreme Court opened Pandora’s box and energized a lot of folks who weren’t energized before on this topic. This is no longer a typical midterm. The generic polls are already swinging from Republican to Democrat by as much as 4-5 points. Abortion and womens rights backlashes coupled with some extremely weak candidates in key races are not helping the GOP. They may snatch defeat from the jaws of victory here. This is what happens when you start messing with something broadly popular. And this thing lost by 20 in Kansas which is deep red with a turnout not that much smaller than 2020’s and it was a PRIMARY. Turnout is way up across the board. All red flags for republicans. Abortion will be used just like in that ad as a noose around their necks.
THIS

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:21 pm

Kansas already bans abortion after 20 weeks, except life the mother.

They also have strict informed consent notification requirements and only 4 clinics are still in operation there.

The NO vote left the law as-is, so I wouldn't rush to judgement on that despite the MSM's hype over it.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:40 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:21 pm

They also have strict informed consent notification requirements and only 4 clinics are still in operation there.

The NO vote left the law as-is, so I wouldn't rush to judgement on that despite the MSM's hype over it.
The point is that a conservative state had the chance to VOTE TO REMOVE ABORTION AS A RIGHT IN THE STATE CONSTITUTION, something that should have been a sure thing and it lost by 20 on incredibly high turnout while other red states pass laws to restrict it way beyond a mere 20 weeks. Even red state voters aren’t necessarily buying what their states are selling. That should scare the hell out of Republicans as the Democrats hang abortion around their necks especially in purple states. Kansas may be at 20 weeks but many of these Republicans in purple states support far more restrictive rules on abortion. If they like the status quo in Kansas that’s not a good sign for folks who support a heartbeat bill or a ban at 6 weeks or whatever else. Many of these folks are on record doing that. This means it can be played thousands of times in ads. Not good.

A1B1C1D1

Post by A1B1C1D1 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:05 pm

Dixon is toast because of her position on abortion... Hard to say since there will also be an amendment on the ballot that would make her beliefs hard to impose. If Dixon can convince people she has a realistic plan at eliminating the income tax and can draw the Detroit Arab community (she is Middle Eastern herself) she could come within striking distance to Whitmer. Turnout wasn't great in SE Michigan for the primaries which certainly helps the West Michigan candidate if this repeats itself in the general election.

Whitmer is slightly vulnerable herself for opposing the death penalty which is a bit inconsistent with support of abortion. Of course that opposition is invisible to the UofM academics of the world who would protest a speaker who publicly supports doctors carrying out lethal injections on capital crime criminals who were prosecuted and exhausted their appeals. Both these prohibitions come from 1846. Dixon also opposes capital punishment causing her some grief from her own party.

Yes Dixon espoused conspiracy theories of the right, but some voters will give her a free pass on needing the Trump bump. Had the Supreme Court not disqualified so many Republicans, she would be much less likely to be the parties candidate. By the way, the left have there conspiracies in all these podcasts and NPR/HBO series on convicted murders who are on death row despite all these holes in their case, there public defender, the color of their skin, on and on and in.

Republicans are getting what they have voted for for decades In Tudor Dixon. I would not argue with anyone that the religious right might have never wanted abortion to go away, maybe to them Roe was something to make themselves a victim of. I never thought Roe would be overturned in my lifetime. I supported Kasich in 2016 and believed that Trump couldn't win and would be the last pro-life candidate for the Republicans to be followed by Pro-Choice lite candidates in the future.

Whitmer has done nothing to eliminate the pension tax (really an income tax for pensioners) despite working with Republicans on other issues.

It's a tossup but the safe bet is on Whitmer. If the ballot measure fails to qualify I couldn't see how it wouldn't be a Democrat route with the Republicans either losing everything or holding the House by one or two seats.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:14 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:06 am
bmw likes these sorts of things… anybody want to guess a result?

I’m gonna go Whitmer 53 Dixon 45.
It's a little early for me to make a prediction, but if this were a football game, I'd say Whitmer is up 14-0 in the second quarter.

Matt is right - Whitmer has been a bad governor. But Republicans have demonstrated during the entirety of the Whitmer administration that they're impotent. They have not figured out how to take her on. And 2020 is just far enough into the past that most people have already forgotten about her nearly-year-long authoritarian streak.

And to the extent Roe v. Wade is having an impact, I agree that it is, at least thus far, favoring Democrats.

Maybe the time has come to repeal the 19th Amendment :blink

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:26 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:14 am
Whoops, we forgot women could vote in KansasGreat satire article in the Washington Post.
audiophile wrote:

Boy do you have your head firmly shoved.. in the sand. In a state that always elects Republicans, and Trump won by a zillion votes, almost 50% of voters came out during a midterm election primary (let me translate.. snore) to make sure that the law stayed that way and keep their "elected representatives" from changing it and making it tougher. Wait til you see how they vote on those same elected reps in November.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:12 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:26 pm
bmw wrote:
Whoops, we forgot women could vote in KansasGreat satire article in the Washington Post.
audiophile wrote:

Boy do you have your head firmly shoved.. in the sand. In a state that always elects Republicans, and Trump won by a zillion votes, almost 50% of voters came out during a midterm election primary (let me translate.. snore) to make sure that the law stayed that way and keep their "elected representatives" from changing it and making it tougher. Wait til you see how they vote on those same elected reps in November.
You live in ohio.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:29 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:12 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
bmw wrote:
audiophile wrote:

You live in ohio.
Counting in this game isn’t geographically related…

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:57 am

Matt wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
bmw wrote:
audiophile wrote:

You live in ohio.
Yes, I live in one of America's most politically fucked up state - OHIO! Where to avoid actually following the law, they just ask a panel of federal judges to help them gerrymander every possible district. Where the governor says one things to grieving Dayton residents, then goes back to Columbus and stabs them in the back. A state than can elect to federal offices both Sherrod Brown and Jim Jordan? A state where the 11pm Saturday night news usually sounds like this.. "A bus full of elementary school students drove into a river and killed them all.. that story up after a live report from Ohio Stadium because THE BUCKEYES WON!"

If it wasn't for family and a whole lotta possible money, I'd move in a heartbeat.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:07 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
bmw wrote:
audiophile wrote:

To quote the words of your love triangle, James Carville... "It's the economy stupid".

Primaries are largely a wildcard. And people voting in Kansas will not have abortion on their mind this fall.
Last edited by audiophile on Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:07 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:57 am
Matt wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
bmw wrote:
audiophile wrote:

You live in ohio.
Yes, I live in one of America's most politically fucked up state - OHIO! Where to avoid actually following the law, they just ask a panel of federal judges to help them gerrymander every possible district. Where the governor says one things to grieving Dayton residents, then goes back to Columbus and stabs them in the back. A state than can elect to federal offices both Sherrod Brown and Jim Jordan? A state where the 11pm Saturday night news usually sounds like this.. "A bus full of elementary school students drove into a river and killed them all.. that story up after a live report from Ohio Stadium because THE BUCKEYES WON!"

If it wasn't for family and a whole lotta possible money, I'd move in a heartbeat.
But MICHIGAN won, 42-27, in case you forgot.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic