Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer VS Dixon

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 15846

Whitmer VS Dixon

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:01 am

Rate This

Re: Whitmer VS Dixon

Post by Rate This » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:06 am

Mr. Peabody wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:01 am
Let the fun begin!

https://apnews.com/article/2022-primary ... e2ef255963
bmw likes these sorts of things… anybody want to guess a result?

I’m gonna go Whitmer 53 Dixon 45.

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:13 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:06 am
Mr. Peabody wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:01 am
Let the fun begin!

https://apnews.com/article/2022-primary ... e2ef255963
bmw likes these sorts of things… anybody want to guess a result?

I’m gonna go Whitmer 53 Dixon 45.
That seems about right I'd imagine, maybe Whitmer 54 Dixon 44. Something like that.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:12 am

I will go 50-47% Whitmer. Tudor has a great strategy team, but her biggest liability will be in the debates. Expect her to agree to one or perhaps no debates. The bottomline is that Tudor believes the 2020 election should be overturned.

Great idea for a Whitmer ad: Is Tudor for rent? Then, it lists all of the dark PAC money she has received from each PAC. Always remember that she is Betsy De Vos lite. Follow the money.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:47 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:12 am
Great idea for a Whitmer ad: Is Tudor for rent? Then, it lists all of the dark PAC money she has received from each PAC. Always remember that she is Betsy De Vos lite. Follow the money.
Maybe Dixon should say just what PAC's did support her. Don't be shy about saying Betty's money helped her get elected. Have Betty introduce her at rallies. How many Michiganders will think "I believe what her PAC's believe".
Let's be honest. She's going to need a Hail Mary move to pull this off. The standard campaign playbook isn't going to work. Perhaps this is one thing she could do. "Yup, this is who's behind me".

I found it interesting you saying Whitmer should expose Dixon's "Dark PAC's". Have I not read on here a few times that it was Democratic PAC's paying for attack ads against Dixon? Is exposing PAC's a dance Whitmer wants to start? Would Dixon bringing to light ALL the PAC's in the campaign for both her and her opponent be a good thing?

And I'm happy to report everyone and every thing I voted for either won or passed yesterday.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:37 pm

Whitmer is just another fertilizer salesperson.

Dixon just needs to keeping reminding everyone of that.

Like the 20-cent tax that she laughed off in the debate as untrue...only ask for 45 cents!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:22 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:47 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:12 am
Maybe Dixon should say just what PAC's did support her. Don't be shy about saying Betty's money helped her get elected. Have Betty introduce her at rallies. How many Michiganders will think "I believe what her PAC's believe".
Let's be honest. She's going to need a Hail Mary move to pull this off. The standard campaign playbook isn't going to work. Perhaps this is one thing she could do. "Yup, this is who's behind me".

I found it interesting you saying Whitmer should expose Dixon's "Dark PAC's". Have I not read on here a few times that it was Democratic PAC's paying for attack ads against Dixon? Is exposing PAC's a dance Whitmer wants to start? Would Dixon bringing to light ALL the PAC's in the campaign for both her and her opponent be a good thing?

And I'm happy to report everyone and every thing I voted for either won or passed yesterday.
If you voted for "Rashida", you need your head examined and seriously, re-evaluate your choices of you you agree with on politics...

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:29 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:22 pm
In The Bleachers wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:47 am
If you voted for "Rashida", you need your head examined and seriously, re-evaluate your choices of you you agree with on politics...
No I'm a little south of her spread.
I'm in Dingell Country. Only God is going to take Debbie out of office.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:10 pm

Rashida won in a total landslide.

I obviously will be voting for her opponent, Steven Elliott. I also voted for him yesterday.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:22 pm

I find it interesting that that pro-Israel groups came out against Levin but left that racist from Dearborn intact.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:24 pm

Here's another little gem for Whitmer.
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 081060002/

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:48 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:10 pm
Rashida won in a total landslide.

I obviously will be voting for her opponent, Steven Elliott. I also voted for him yesterday.
I didn’t realize you lived that far west. I thought the cut off was Southfield Rd.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:57 pm

Dixon has an uphill battle, but let's keep in mind, even though she has lots of money, Gretchen Whitmer has been a TERRIBLE governor.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:34 pm

MCRF - you're not far off actually; the entire village of Beverly Hills (eastern border is Greenfield) is now in District 12.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:29 pm

I think Whitmer will win, but it will be closer than 2018. Schuette basically gave up late in that campaign.

My early prediction: Whitmer 52, Dixon 47

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic