Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Shri "Hollywood" Thanedar

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 15783

Shri "Hollywood" Thanedar

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:14 pm

Spent the last few days working at the Wyandotte Street Art Fair. Was across from a booth giving away Democrat bling. Two booths down was the Right To Life. Basically polar opposites of each other. Folks would go by both booths supporting the cause or expressing their opposing view.

What I found interesting was the difference between the people telling the Democrats they are opposed to abortion. And those telling the Right To Lifers that women should be free to choose.

The pro-lifers would stop and stay at the Democrats booth, wanting to engage in a discussion about their view.

The pro-choicers would not stop at the pro-life booth. They would shout as they passed by. Keep moving. Not stop when those at the Pro-Life booth tried to start a discussion.

Shri showed up. Holey Moley. You would of thought Elvis had been reincarnated. People asking for autographs. People wanting their picture took with him. Crowds forming around him. I kid you not.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Shri "Hollywood" Thanedar

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:56 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:14 pm
Spent the last few days working at the Wyandotte Street Art Fair. Was across from a booth giving away Democrat bling. Two booths down was the Right To Life. Basically polar opposites of each other. Folks would go by both booths supporting the cause or expressing their opposing view.

What I found interesting was the difference between the people telling the Democrats they are opposed to abortion. And those telling the Right To Lifers that women should be free to choose.

The pro-lifers would stop and stay at the Democrats booth, wanting to engage in a discussion about their view.

The pro-choicers would not stop at the pro-life booth. They would shout as they passed by. Keep moving. Not stop when those at the Pro-Life booth tried to start a discussion.

Shri showed up. Holey Moley. You would of thought Elvis had been reincarnated. People asking for autographs. People wanting their picture took with him. Crowds forming around him. I kid you not.
Hopefully, they didn’t bring their dogs.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:15 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:56 pm
Downriver don't do that as much as other parts of Metro Detroit.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:05 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:15 am
Is this in English?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:53 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:05 pm
In The Bleachers wrote:
Is this in English?
Actually I may of inadvertently misunderstood what Freak was asking. A common occurrence at street fairs is people wanting to bring their dogs. It's usually some breed with 3 or 4 names. Because they paid over a grand for the mutt, they figure no one else minds navigating around their dog on a 10' leash, no matter how crowded it is.

I didn't realize until Matt's post that Freak is probably talking about the abandoned test animals issue.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:32 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:53 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:05 pm
In The Bleachers wrote:
Is this in English?
Actually I may of inadvertently misunderstood what Freak was asking. A common occurrence at street fairs is people wanting to bring their dogs. It's usually some breed with 3 or 4 names. Because they paid over a grand for the mutt, they figure no one else minds navigating around their dog on a 10' leash, no matter how crowded it is.

I didn't realize until Matt's post that Freak is probably talking about the abandoned test animals issue.
That is correct. He murdered those dogs.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic