Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Republican Gubernatorial Candidate Debate In GR 7/6/22

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
hanson

Re: Republican Gubernatorial Candidate Debate In GR 7/6/22

Post by hanson » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:05 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:43 am
hanson wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:56 pm
In The Bleachers wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:12 am
I didn't get an opportunity to peruse any of the gubernatorial GOP debates? I'm not going to be able to re-watch them on YouTube or wherever.

So of those who were able to view them, what did you think? Who shined? Who stunk? Who came across as relatively coherent?

Thanks
They were all parroting info from fox, especially Nixon, who is coming to a theater near you. There were few new ideas. Little criticism of each other, except from the insurrectionist. He seemed to be a little high-strung. Apparently, he was embarrassed to be marched out of his home in front of his family. The covid-cure hawker was the most animated hoping to make a final sale. The racist was equally unimpressive. His idea of helping the over regulated agricultural industry is lowering the cost of diesel fuel. Good idea. He can go and buy millions of gallons of fuel and sell it to farmers at half of what he paid for it.
Aren't all the GOP gubernatorial candidates racist? Which one are you referencing?
Rinke.

From the AP article cited above:

"Another lawsuit filed in the same year by a Black employee alleged Rinke repeatedly made derogatory racist remarks directed at him during a holiday party in December 1991.

At the party, the lawsuit says, Rinke allegedly asked the employee where the car he drove was stolen from. When the employee responded that he did not steal, Rinke is alleged to have said, “You mean you aren’t like the rest?” while using a racial slur. Rinke is accused of using the same racial slur several other times, including one instance in which he repeated a sexual stereotype about Black men’s anatomies while encouraging the employee to expose himself to others at the party, according to court documents and the lawyer who represented the employees."

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:46 am

The guy strikes me as a bit creepy, and someone who's probably never had to work hard in his life. Hope he's not the GOP nominee. Then again, I'd prefer him to Kelley, Ralph the nutty pastor, and Soldano.

The fact he's arguably the second best choice of the GOP candidates for governor (at least among those whose names will actually be listed on the ballot) isn't a good look for the GOP.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:03 pm

I lived a block from this family growing up. If he tries to bill himself as an outside like Trump, it's laughable but accurate in the sense that the was handed the family business from his dad and fucked it up so bad that he had to sell to Penske (another neighbor).

He's always been creepy...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:51 am

Rinke's ads about Dead Democrats has pretty much turned me off to him.
Unless something new has come out I haven't seen yet, it's his only song and dance.
For me, it's a topic I couldn't care less about. Out of the many issues facing Michiganders, this is ALL he wants to talk about?
I'll pass.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:54 pm

All these clowns make Pete Hoekstra look good or Mike Cox even. Hell, Mike Bouchard looks liberal compare to these extremists.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:19 am

Kevin Rinke calling Dixon a RINO in his new ad and that she is backed by Never Trumpers I didn't know that Devos was Never Trump as Besty worked in the Trump Admin. I'm voting Dixon in the primary she has the best chance at beating Whitmer and I hope she will pick James as Lt. Gov. Fox17 is airing the last GOP debate which Scripps will air on Fox47 in Lansing, WXYZ Detroit.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Mike

Post by Mike » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:02 am

She's responded by firing off a cease-and-desist at him, but he isn't backing down.

MasterB wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:19 am
Kevin Rinke calling Dixon a RINO in his new ad and that she is backed by Never Trumpers I didn't know that Devos was Never Trump as Besty worked in the Trump Admin.
It's a reference to Betsy's revelation that she was in discussions among the cabinet for invoking the 25th Amendment to have Trump removed in the wake of January 6.

MasterB wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:19 am
I'm voting Dixon in the primary she has the best chance at beating Whitmer and I hope she will pick James as Lt. Gov. Fox17 is airing the last GOP debate which Scripps will air on Fox47 in Lansing, WXYZ Detroit.
Two things:

1) Why would James go for that when he could very well win the 10th?

2) While the article on the Detroit News poll cited a voter saying she has a better chance because she can get stronger support with women, MIRS suggests she's got a lot of work to do there (notably, the News cited a man for the article): https://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/ ... 1-22_B.pdf

Mike

Post by Mike » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:28 pm

Oop: And now they've released a follow-up poll. https://mirs-uploads.s3.us-east-2.amazo ... 0-22_A.pdf

She inches up from last week (26 to 28%), but Rinke powers ahead from 13 to 20%. No wonder she wanted a C&D: Looks like the attack is having its desired effect.

And it looks like, if these trends continue, the race will settle into a distinct hierarchy/order, as Kelley is stalled at 15% while Soldano dropped from 13 to 10%. (It's safe to say that Rebandt is an also-ran.) The percentage of undecided voters has shaved down to 26% (so at least now somebody has more support than those who are undecided), though most if not all of those who've come off the fence have flocked to Rinke, as undecided dropped by 7 and he went up by 7.

What's really head-scratching, though, is...among women under 65, last week it was Soldano 25%, Kelley 16%, Dixon 11%. They didn't give a percentage for Rinke - but now, among all women, he apparently leads the pack with 23%. What the...?!?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:44 pm

Tudor Dixon is starting to take the moderate lane and has me a little worried in the general.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:13 am

Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:44 pm
Tudor Dixon is starting to take the moderate lane and has me a little worried in the general.
This is great news as Whitmer needs to be booted. I'm hopeful a Dixon nomination comes complete with new AG and SOS candidates so we can sweep out Nessel and Benson too.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:23 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:13 am
This is great news as Whitmer needs to be booted. I'm hopeful a Dixon nomination comes complete with new AG and SOS candidates so we can sweep out Nessel and Benson too.
DePerna and the GOP idiot for SOS are locked in by the state convention. They can't be changed. Tudor is your only chance of flipping a state office for the GOP.

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:59 am

Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:23 am
Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:13 am
DePerna and the GOP idiot for SOS are locked in by the state convention. They can't be changed. Tudor is your only chance of flipping a state office for the GOP.
That is not true. There is a convention in August and if there is unified support for Dixon, and she wants candidates that aren't going to be drags on the top of the ticket, there's a fighting chance that one or both could be replaced.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:03 am

Don't be too sure...

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:00 pm

Mike wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:03 am
Don't be too sure...
If she don't bend a little on abortion, she's doomed. Set aside how she personally feels. And allow it for rape and incest.
IMO being steadfast on what she said to LeDuff loses more votes than it gains.

Don't get me wrong. I'm opposed to abortion. But in politics, you have to be pragmatic.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:21 pm

Mike wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:03 am
Don't be too sure...
Cool. Whitmer is going to be a 2 termer!

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic