Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Craig James helps Whitmer win re-election

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Craig James helps Whitmer win re-election

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:55 am

LOL - I just noticed the original poster referred to James Craig as "Craig James."

Most folks (like me) who grew up in West Michigan recognize Craig James as the former chief meteorologist of TV-8. :lol

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:55 am

He's a nothing candidate, but will do a fine job of clouding the Republican process so that Whitmer has a clear path to victory.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:03 am

She has a rather clear path to victory regardless. GOP field is unimpressive.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:08 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:03 am
She has a rather clear path to victory regardless. GOP field is unimpressive.
So with all the rhetoric about how incompetent she is, the Republicans are worse?

That says something about your ability to assess politicians. Look at Snyder and the problems his Emergency Manager policy created for many cities around the state. Whitmer helped us successfully navigate COVID and has done nothing as stupid as Snyder. Meanwhile, the former Republican speaker of the house is a pedophile.

I think you might look at your evaluation skills

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:57 pm

What a load of bullshit. I've been critical of Snyder for years. Your memory isn't very good evidently.

Competence in governing or legislating isn't the sole basis on which voters base decisions. Competence as a campaigner and campaign $$$ matters. Whitmer is unquestionably strong in that realm.
Competence as a public speaker matters, too. Views on social matters are relevant as well.

To suggest I am somehow supportive of Whitmer's policies or regard them as the lesser of two evils simply because I am predicting victory for her in the general election is silly.

Throwing elderly COVID patients in nursing homes ill equipped to handle them definitely qualifies as stupid, in my book. Keeping small businesses closed for months on end without providing any metrics for reopening qualifies as stupid, too.

Her veto of an omnibus tax reduction proposal on the supposed basis that the bill's name was unconstitutional was stunningly obnoxious on Whitmer's part. That legislation would've provided much needed economic relief to seniors, the working poor, households with dependent children, and municipalities. It was an excellent piece of legislation. Most folks aren't even aware of the veto because the mainstream media devoted little coverage to it, and because the GOP apparatus cannot get its shit together.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:41 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:57 pm
What a load of bullshit. I've been critical of Snyder for years. Your memory isn't very good evidently.

Competence in governing or legislating isn't the sole basis on which voters base decisions. Competence as a campaigner and campaign $$$ matters. Whitmer is unquestionably strong in that realm.
Competence as a public speaker matters, too. Views on social matters are relevant as well.

To suggest I am somehow supportive of Whitmer's policies or regard them as the lesser of two evils simply because I am predicting victory for her in the general election is silly.

Throwing elderly COVID patients in nursing homes ill equipped to handle them definitely qualifies as stupid, in my book. Keeping small businesses closed for months on end without providing any metrics for reopening qualifies as stupid, too.

Her veto of an omnibus tax reduction proposal on the supposed basis that the bill's name was unconstitutional was stunningly obnoxious on Whitmer's part. That legislation would've provided much needed economic relief to seniors, the working poor, households with dependent children, and municipalities. It was an excellent piece of legislation. Most folks aren't even aware of the veto because the mainstream media devoted little coverage to it, and because the GOP apparatus cannot get its shit together.
TCT is just here pull peoples chains. The guy is phony as $3 bill, IMO.

Frankly I think he responded to you that way because you laughed at OP's name gaffe.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:15 pm

Craig James was an excellent forecaster, for what it's worth. :)

He would hate the hype and gimmickry that pervades TV weathercasts these days.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:03 pm

Years ago, there was a weak Republican running against Jenny Mulhern for her second term. That was the only reason that she one.

Unless the Republicans get a strong candidate to run against Gretchen Mallory, she will win a second term also.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:18 am

paul8539 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:03 pm
Years ago, there was a weak Republican running against Jenny Mulhern for her second term. That was the only reason that she one.

Unless the Republicans get a strong candidate to run against Gretchen Mallory, she will win a second term also.
Yes, Dick DeVos forced me to vote independent. Voted for Bhagwan Dashairya.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:47 am

paul8539 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:03 pm

Misogynist.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:50 pm

I got an invite to meet Gretchen at a private gathering on Friday. I accepted the offer. I do want to ask her why she backed off on the fight against COVID last year. I will be interested to hear her response.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:51 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:50 pm
I got an invite to meet Gretchen at a private gathering on Friday. I accepted the offer. I do want to ask her why she backed off on the fight against COVID last year. I will be interested to hear her response.
She didn't back off any "fight", the lockdown bullshit didn't work.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:15 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:50 pm
Why don't you ask her why she killed so many people in nursing homes?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:39 pm

She'll dodge or give non-answers for tough questions, I suspect.

Would love to see someone ask her about the golden parachute she gave the former Health Department director, or why she won't sign a bill that grants a holiday for all state taxes on gas (despite the state having a $7B projected budget surplus).

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:28 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:39 pm
She'll dodge or give non-answers for tough questions, I suspect.

Would love to see someone ask her about the golden parachute she gave the former Health Department director, or why she won't sign a bill that grants a holiday for all state taxes on gas (despite the state having a $7B projected budget surplus).
And the fact that she asked for a federal tax holiday...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic