Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan’s Lt. Governor gets COVID-19

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Michigan’s Lt. Governor gets COVID-19

Post by Matt » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:43 am

Reagan4prez wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:43 am
Yep, another vaccine apologist gets the very thing they say they are “protected” from.

Multiple vaccines and a booster aren’t stopping it despite promises of it.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 153353002/

I’m old enough to remember when vaccines kept the recipient from getting the thing they are being vaccinated from.

Imagine getting three flu shots within a year and still getting the flu. Smart people would be questioning the vaccine’s effectiveness and so should you.
Asymptomatic, but don't let that stop you from spreading bullshit lies.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:13 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:43 am
Reagan4prez wrote:
Yep, another vaccine apologist gets the very thing they say they are “protected” from.

I’m old enough to remember when vaccines kept the recipient from getting the thing they are being vaccinated from.

Imagine getting three flu shots within a year and still getting the flu. Smart people would be questioning the vaccine’s effectiveness and so should you.
The lies earlier in 2020 that painted a unvax Asymptomatic person who had covid to be the spawn of the devil and burn them?

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:26 am

Reagan4prez wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:13 am
Matt wrote:
Reagan4prez wrote:

You’ve proven another one of my points.

When people like you freak out about the high rate of Covid infections, you scream to shut everything down, fire anyone who doesn’t want to get vaccinated, and strike fear in everyone.

Yet, 99.4%+ people survive and many have mild or no symptoms.
Wrong, Sparky.

I'm not a fear monger, I'm 💯 against shutdowns, and I think intelligent people will get vaccinated.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:50 am

Reagan4prez wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:13 am
Matt wrote:
Reagan4prez wrote:

You’ve proven another one of my points.

When people like you freak out about the high rate of Covid infections, you scream to shut everything down, fire anyone who doesn’t want to get vaccinated, and strike fear in everyone.

Yet, 99.4%+ people survive and many have mild or no symptoms.
And with that middle paragraph you have just told a lie to advance your point. Checkmate. Don’t bother trying to wiggle out of it. You lost, skippy.
Last edited by Rate This on Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:51 am

What the vaccine does is that you aren't going to the hospital for the most part just have mild systems of COVID and not get seriously ill is all. I'm not for mandates I don't care if you are vaccinated or not.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:05 am

MasterB wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:51 am
What the vaccine does is that you aren't going to the hospital for the most part just have mild systems of COVID and not get seriously ill is all. I'm not for mandates I don't care if you are vaccinated or not.
About 30% of the folks going into the hospitals HAVE been vaccinated.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:49 am

km1125 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:05 am
MasterB wrote:
This isn't true.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:21 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:49 am
km1125 wrote:
MasterB wrote:
This isn't true.
Of course it depends on which location, but just the other day a spokesperson from one of the locals was on TV and said they had 39 vaxxed folks and 80 unvaxxed folks. You do the math (if you're able).

EDIT:. Just saw 'craigs' post in another thread with some UoM numbers...

Data for January 10, 2022

Total patients hospitalized: 128 (85*)
Vaccinated: 49 (40*)
Unvaccinated: 79 (45*)

So, again, if you're able, run the math on that one.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:53 am

Are the 49 vaxxed folks in the hospital for covid? Or are they in the hospital for something else? And if they are in the hospital for something else, do they have asymptomatic covid, if at all? In other words, what percentage of those 49 vaxxed people are in the hospital specifically for severe covid?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:00 am

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:53 am
Are the 49 vaxxed folks in the hospital for covid? Or are they in the hospital for something else? And if they are in the hospital for something else, do they have asymptomatic covid, if at all? In other words, what percentage of those 49 vaxxed people are in the hospital specifically for severe covid?
Good questions, but I haven't seen anybody yet break that down. They're just now starting to acknowledge that those situations exist. Had a Beaumont guy on the tube this morning and he wouldn't give numbers, but did acknowledge that many of the kids that they have in there now are in there for something else, but had tested positive for COVID after they got admitted, so they are counted in the overall numbers. It would be an interesting breakout to see who is be TREATED for COVID in the medical community.

ALSO, in that segment, they also STILL don't address any "early treatments" for COVID. They essentially said if you test positive stay home and don't seek medical help UNTIL YOU CAN"T BREATHE (or are having other serious trouble). Seems like that's the WORST medical advice and one of the primary reasons folks are going fatal, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated. They did say "hydrate" but didn't even suggest consulting with your doctor to see when perhaps some prescriptions might be suggested.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:44 am

km1125 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:21 am
Matt wrote:
km1125 wrote:
MasterB wrote:
This isn't true.
Of course it depends on which location, but just the other day a spokesperson from one of the locals was on TV and said they had 39 vaxxed folks and 80 unvaxxed folks. You do the math (if you're able).

As a general rule, when you are going to make a passive aggressive condescending comment, you better understand the information you are spouting off about. The amount in the parentheses is the amount of high risk patients, as Craig clearly stated. If you are looking at non-high risk, you have 43, and 21% are vaccinated. The remaining 40 high risk vaccinated would be in advanced categories if they were unvaccinated.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:12 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:44 am
km1125 wrote:
Matt wrote:
km1125 wrote:
MasterB wrote:
This isn't true.

As a general rule, when you are going to make a passive aggressive condescending comment, you better understand the information you are spouting off about. The amount in the parentheses is the amount of high risk patients, as Craig clearly stated. If you are looking at non-high risk, you have 43, and 21% are vaccinated. The remaining 40 high risk vaccinated would be in advanced categories if they were unvaccinated.
Forget the high-risk numbers. Didn't think I had to delete those so you could focus. Look at the 49 vaccinated vs the 79 unvaccinated. Those are the raw admission numbers. Now, if you really wanted to, you could compare just the high risk folks... and that would be 40 vaccinated vs 45 unvaccinated.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:29 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:12 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:44 am
km1125 wrote:
Matt wrote:
km1125 wrote:
MasterB wrote:
This isn't true.

Forget the high-risk numbers. Didn't think I had to delete those so you could focus. Look at the 49 vaccinated vs the 79 unvaccinated. Those are the raw admission numbers. Now, if you really wanted to, you could compare just the high risk folks... and that would be 40 vaccinated vs 45 unvaccinated.
High risk people still have high risk AFTER vaccination, but it is less likely to result in severe illness or death. On top of that, looking at the non-high risk numbers tells a pretty clear story:

Hospitalizations: 39 total, 30 unvaccinated
ICU: 19 total, 17 unvaccinated
Vent: 14 total, 13 unvaccinated

Looking at those numbers and still being anti-vax is a very special kind of fucking stupid.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:44 pm

Note who is in the ICU most frequently. If you go to ventilator you likely die.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:30 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:44 pm
Note who is in the ICU most frequently. If you go to ventilator you likely die.
And yet we've known that for almost two whole years now, but it is still our "go-to" approach in handling severe COVID cases. There's been virtually NO push for early treatments, of which a variety have been shown to work for some people, and others for different people. We still don't seem to know why, but worse yet don't seem to be interested in understanding that. Nor do we seem to be interested in knowing why some folks are very mildly impacted by an infection yet others progress to severe symptoms rather quickly.

Seems like all the eggs are on ONE basket... "just get vaccinated".

I'm beginning to wonder if any or most of the COVID-related deaths are caused by conscious or subconscious motives in healthcare to deny appropriate treatment to unvaccinated individuals because, you know, they were the ones that "put themselves at risk".

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic