Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A case for masks: Macomb County Leads State in COVID cases

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: A case for masks: Macomb County Leads State in COVID cases

Post by Rate This » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:26 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:54 pm
Reagan4prez wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:01 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:04 am
Masks have very little to do with preventing spread - people need to get vaccinated, including 5 and up.
Regardless of vaccination status, you can get Covid, you can spread Covid, and you can die from Covid. The added bonus with the shot is that you can die from blood clots.
Unvaccinated people are getting blood clots from covid. You don't give up, do you?
What is this? 6 times now or something?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:54 am

Is Covid itself causing blood clots, or is it the lack of exercise and movement that comes from days or even weeks of fatigue?

I have 4 family members who all got Covid within the past 2 months, and all 4 of them said by far the worst symptom they got was fatigue. Two of them had it for nearly 2 weeks and forced themselves, despite not feeling like it at all, to still get up and move around as much as they could through the day (thankfully all 4 of them are now rapidly improving). Even when healthy, if you don't move around much at all for a week or more, your risk for clots goes up.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:34 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:54 am
Is Covid itself causing blood clots, or is it the lack of exercise and movement that comes from days or even weeks of fatigue?

I have 4 family members who all got Covid within the past 2 months, and all 4 of them said by far the worst symptom they got was fatigue. Two of them had it for nearly 2 weeks and forced themselves, despite not feeling like it at all, to still get up and move around as much as they could through the day (thankfully all 4 of them are now rapidly improving). Even when healthy, if you don't move around much at all for a week or more, your risk for clots goes up.
Vaccinated or no?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:13 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:34 pm
Vaccinated or no?
Not that it is any of your business, but I'll give you the breakdowns:

-2 were not vaccinated and age 70, give or take. One had symptoms that were quite mild, especially for age; the other had moderate symptoms. First person is nearly fully recovered, the latter is mostly recovered but still has some mild fatigue. Neither required hospitalization

-Other 2 were not vaccinated, one in late 30s age, other mid-40s. First had it for about 10 days, the latter for 2 weeks - they suffered together in the same house as one caught it from the other 3 days later. Both had very similar symptoms with higher than normal fever for Covid (like, mid-102s). Person in mid-40s considered going to the hospital but never did - was probably hit the hardest of the 4 people. Both had symptoms break on the same day. Both had some loss of taste and smell but both say those are improving. Both say they're like 90 percent better with just a bit of lingering fatigue. I asked them if they had it to do all over again would they have gotten vaccinated - both said they have been sicker before, and are happy to now have natural immunity, so no, though one did acknowledge that they fully understood why people would not want to go through that and take the chance of it possibly being worse.

-5th person visited them for 2 days (for deer hunting) and left there the day before first person tested positive as he had symptoms the day before. He quarantined for 8 days right after learning of exposure but never caught it - given their close proximity in the same house for 2 days I have no idea how he didn't catch it. Must be one of those 10-percent-ers who is not susceptible to Covid. Then again, I don't think he's had a cold or a flu in over 40 years either.

I managed to avoid exposure completely to any of the 4 sick ones, despite visiting 2 of them just a few days prior to when the one would have been contagious.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:46 pm

The guy who laid down my wood flooring died this weekend. He wasn't vaccinated. He was 66 and we're hoping his wife doesn't end up in the hospital. Any more neat stories to share?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:09 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:34 pm
bmw wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:54 am

Vaccinated or no?
He's not worth debating with...ever.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:11 am

Thanks for sharing, BMW. I hope they all fully recover and don't have long lasting damage.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:03 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:38 pm
I hope everyone...who hasn't vaccinated will suffer painfully...
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:46 pm
The guy who laid down my wood flooring died this weekend. He wasn't vaccinated.
Just going to leave those 2 quotes side-by-side. They speak for themselves.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:11 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:11 am
Thanks for sharing, BMW. I hope they all fully recover and don't have long lasting damage.
So far so good. Talked to one of them this morning, says she's 95% recovered and that the other person is 90%.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:19 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:11 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:11 am
So far so good. Talked to one of them this morning, says she's 95% recovered and that the other person is 90%.
Probably a dumb question, but is there a way for people to get tested periodically for antibody levels?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:28 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:19 pm
Probably a dumb question, but is there a way for people to get tested periodically for antibody levels?
That's a good question, and one I've wondered myself. I would start here: https://www.labcorp.com/coronavirus-dis ... ibody-test

Looks like you can get an antibody test for $42.

I would find that test particularly interesting for people who don't think they've ever had Covid but wonder if they may have some degree of natural immunity due to a past unknown asymptomatic case.

Looks like there's several Labcorp locations at a Walgreens, both in Clare and in Troy.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:33 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:31 pm
....I had covid back in March, was kinda sick for a day, was back at work within a week. ...
Whatever happened to the quarantining for "14 days from onset of symptoms"??? You sure you weren't still contagious "within a week" and a liability to others??

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:01 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:33 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:31 pm
....I had covid back in March, was kinda sick for a day, was back at work within a week. ...
Whatever happened to the quarantining for "14 days from onset of symptoms"??? You sure you weren't still contagious "within a week" and a liability to others??
Don't worry Chicken Little, got clearance to go back to work from my doctor, now why don't you get back in your basement, because that nasty Covid is lurking right around the corner you know...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:15 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:03 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:38 pm
I hope everyone...who hasn't vaccinated will suffer painfully...
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:46 pm
The guy who laid down my wood flooring died this weekend. He wasn't vaccinated.
Just going to leave those 2 quotes side-by-side. They speak for themselves.
I am still comfortable with both statements. He didn't have a health reason to not get vaccinated. Everybody in this county has been warned. He's definitely a hot am talk radio listener. The way I feel about his death is the same way I feel about a drunk driver, I just hope his irresponsible actions didn't kill other people but he was just being an asshole.

He lived in the county for a long time but he would have fit right in Macomb County I bet.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

hanson

Post by hanson » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:58 pm

Reagan4prez wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:01 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:04 am
Masks have very little to do with preventing spread - people need to get vaccinated, including 5 and up.
Regardless of vaccination status, you can get Covid, you can spread Covid, and you can die from Covid. The added bonus with the shot is that you can die from blood clots.
you are truly an asshole

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic