Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit City Clerk, Janice Winfrey, doesn't pay her property taxes!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Detroit City Clerk, Janice Winfrey, doesn't pay her property taxes!

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:14 am

Article is behind a paywall, unfortunately:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 841863001/

Headline:
Detroit City Clerk Janice Winfrey, husband face liens for $65,000 in unpaid debt
City and state documents show the Winfreys have been in arrears. And it's not the first time the couple has been behind on tax bills.
As far as I'm concerned, those in elected office who are more than one year behind on property taxes should have their paychecks garnished.

This woman should've never been reelected to begin with.

Kudos to the Detroit Free Press for reporting this matter.

km1125

Re: Detroit City Clerk, Janice Winfrey, doesn't pay her property taxes!

Post by km1125 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:58 am

Garnishment should only apply if it happened after they were elected. It should be a disqualification if it was before the election!!

G G

Post by G G » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:00 am

What is it with these people and not paying their debts?

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:34 pm

Ms. Winfrey had the audacity to tell a Free Press reporter that the paper's reporting on her unpaid taxes is a "politically motivated attack."

What is particularly disappointing to me is Mike Duggan's silence on this issue. What a total pussy he is. I guess he's too busy focusing on his new marriage to his homewrecking whore - I mean mistress - I mean new wife.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:15 pm

The "politically motivated attack" response when a politician is called out for something is an all-too-common response, and usually when I see that as a response, I immediately view it as an admission + getting pissed off for being called out.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic