Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer brazenly vetoes legislation supported by nearly all GOP and Dem members of Michigan legislature

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Whitmer brazenly vetoes legislation supported by nearly all GOP and Dem members of Michigan legislature

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:57 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:31 pm
Who in their right mind vetoes ANYTHING that comes out of a legislature with a combined 138-7 vote? I wonder if this breaks some kind of record for any governor using a veto on a bill with this level of support?
I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm going to defend Whitmer on this one. The American Rescue Plan forbids state reimbursement for tax cuts of any kind, so she is correct on the reimbursement being prohibited. This is a one-time expense, so the state will need to mimic the process and make direct cash payments. You can thank congressional Democrats for this restriction.

The other option would be suing the federal government for the unconstitutional restriction, but Dana Nessel is too much of a partisan hack. It's clear we won't see action from her on this one.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

audiophile

Re: Whitmer brazenly vetoes legislation supported by nearly all GOP and Dem members of Michigan legislature

Post by audiophile » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:17 pm

Matt, If I'm reading this correctly...if they didn't take PPP funds, the deduction would be available to them.

Governor was specific - "...hard-working business owners who’ve kept their employees..." - implying those who took PPP funds to keep their employees working.

So the mom and pop shop that kept working and didn't take PPP funds gets no break, again...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:49 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:09 am
So this is pretty much TC Talks' admission that he's a partisan hack unable to criticize ANYTHING someone whom he votes for does.
Or the state Republicans put up a shitty bill that doesn't conform to the federal law...

And I am sure you've wiped the brown off your nose by now but you seem to forget who you were worshiping a year ago.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic