Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer proposes paying people $300/week to go back to work

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Whitmer proposes paying people $300/week to go back to work

Post by bmw » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:57 pm

Well if this isn't one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard.
“Eligible laid off employees will earn $300 per week bonus for returning to workforce through Sept. 4,” Whitmer said.

Michiganders will no longer have to choose to get back to work or still collect a weekly unemployment check. They can now do both.

“I think they deserve it. People been struggling forever around here. Why not give us a little something?” said Ronald McFolley.
https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/mic ... ork-bonus/

Jobs right now are literally growing on trees. You don't need to pay people to go back to work. You need to STOP PAYING THEM to stay home. UGH this is the kind of nonsense that infuriates me.

audiophile

Re: Whitmer proposes paying people $300/week to go back to work

Post by audiophile » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:36 pm

Dumb!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

kager

Post by kager » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:51 am

That's one way to disguise buying votes... :lol

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:12 pm

I love my governor. And despite what a bunch of hicks in Lapeer County think and the deviants on this board say, she has done a damn good job for the state. Lots of people have a hope in Michigan that never did before.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:47 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:12 pm
I love my governor. And despite what a bunch of hicks in Lapeer County think and the deviants on this board say, she has done a terrible job for the state. Lots of people have a dope in Michigan that never did before.
Yes, all 10M of us have an incompetent dope in the governor's office.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic