Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

June 2021 : Pride Month in Michigan

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
kager

June 2021 : Pride Month in Michigan

Post by kager » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:13 am

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Rate This

Re: June 2021 : Pride Month in Michigan

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:37 am

The page you linked to doesn’t even have Michigan on it.

kager

Post by kager » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:23 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:37 am
The page you linked to doesn’t even have Michigan on it.
Sorry... official proclamation is here:

https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9309 ... --,00.html

"WHEREAS, I, Governor Gretchen Whitmer, called on the Legislature in my very first State of the State Address to pass legislation to expand the state's Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act to include protections from discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identification in employment, education, housing, and real estate as well as use of public accommodations and public services; and,"...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:53 am

This is why I love Gretchen despite her flaws. She's the only governor that truly cares about our community.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:06 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:53 am
This is why I love Gretchen despite her flaws. She's the only governor that truly cares about our community.
Wrong: https://www.crainsdetroit.com/analysis/ ... ants-loans

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:15 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:06 pm
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:53 am
Wrong: https://www.crainsdetroit.com/analysis/ ... ants-loans
Snidely would never celebrate Pride month. Never did during his tenure. Maybe he owed a favor to a guy from Ann Arbor (not you).

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

G G

Post by G G » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:14 pm

I find it ironic they call it pride month when whatever gender they pretend to be or who they want to be disgusting with is the last things they should have pride about.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:24 pm

G G wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:14 pm
I find it ironic they call it pride month when whatever gender they pretend to be or who they want to be disgusting with is the last things they should have pride about.
You're a pile of human garbage.

The censorship king from out of state.

G G

Post by G G » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:47 am

There is nothing to be proud about there. I mean, c'mon. Should I be proud of being in a monogamous relationship with my wife? And if so, where is my month for that? I just cannot understand what is so much more pride-inducing about selecting to be an orientation that results in transferring a disease as deadly as HIV/AIDS or selecting to have your genitals replaced by an infectious gape.

We have mental illness awareness month, but are the mentally ill supposed to be proud? No.

So you can stuff it with your name calling, honey.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:22 pm

G G wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:47 am
There is nothing to be proud about there. I mean, c'mon. Should I be proud of being in a monogamous relationship with my wife? And if so, where is my month for that? I just cannot understand what is so much more pride-inducing about selecting to be an orientation that results in transferring a disease as deadly as HIV/AIDS or selecting to have your genitals replaced by an infectious gape.

We have mental illness awareness month, but are the mentally ill supposed to be proud? No.

We should be celebrating the moment your mom swallowed you, but yet here we are...You are the default, so there is zero reason to celebrate heteronormativity.

HIV and AIDS is not spread as much now as whaf it was. You are a joke, and your little horses think so too.

Audacity sucks.

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:30 am

Methinks someone doth protest too much...

Oh, and by the way, damn, he figured us out. Yeah, we totally "select" to be told by religious conservatives that we're an abomination before God. We totally "select" to be shunned by family members and told they'd rather we be dead than anything other than heterosexual/cisgender/binary. We totally "select" to be beaten and even killed for no reason other than being what we are. Why do we "select" all this misery when we could just wake up one day and decide to be hetero/cis/binary as if we were turning a faucet on and off? No wonder we're responsible for everything from COVID-19 (which I'm sure he totally denies even exists) to the Holocaust (which I'm sure he also totally denies) to tornadoes to gout. And as for AIDS, well, after all, that NEVER happens to straight people, right? Too bad no one told Ryan White that.

I don't know why he even bothers to post on this board at all. Nothing he ever posts ever has any relevance to broadcasting.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:43 am

ChrisWL1980 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:30 am

Oh, and by the way, damn, he figured us out. Yeah, we totally "select" to be told by religious conservatives that we're an abomination before God. We totally "select" to be shunned by family members and told they'd rather we be dead than anything other than heterosexual/cisgender/binary. We totally "select" to be beaten and even killed for no reason other than being what we are. Why do we "select" all this misery when we could just wake up one day and decide to be hetero/cis/binary as if we were turning a faucet on and off? No wonder we're responsible for everything from COVID-19 (which I'm sure he totally denies even exists) to the Holocaust (which I'm sure he also totally denies) to tornadoes to gout. And as for AIDS, well, after all, that NEVER happens to straight people, right? Too bad no one told Ryan White that.

I don't know why he even bothers to post on this board at all. Nothing he ever posts ever has any relevance to broadcasting.
Well, this comment may get this show started:
What is a Christian? A follower of Christ. Someone who does what JESUS said to do.
Not what the Old Testament says. Not what Paul or Tim or whoever said. What CHRIST said. CHRISTian.
Jesus whole gig was love EVERYONE no matter what. His greatest commandment. Love EVERYONE no matter what.
Ponder on that.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:51 am

In my view, the hatred, ignorance, and projected shame from some non-lgbtq+ people are the reason "Pride" is absolutely necessary. Straight people don't get "their month" because it's not necessary. On a societal level, straight people aren't subject to the same kind of vitriol or danger simply because of being straight.

And if the argument against that is one of the following:
Don't act gay.
Act like ME.
Share MY interests.
Follow the rules of MY religion
Engage in MY activities.
Don't behave a certain way toward ME.
Don't be yourself.

I ask why. Why shouldn't they? Why can't they live their lives without interference, but you can?

Pride is about fulfilling your right as a human being to live your life without harming anybody else because it's who you are, and not accepting the attempts of others to stop you. As long as people hate other people for who they are and who they love, Pride will exist.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:32 am

ChrisWL1980 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:30 am

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:51 am
In my view, the hatred, ignorance, and projected shame from some non-lgbtq+ people are the reason "Pride" is absolutely necessary. Straight people don't get "their month" because it's not necessary. On a societal level, straight people aren't subject to the same kind of vitriol or danger simply because of being straight.

And if the argument against that is one of the following:
Don't act gay.
Act like ME.
Share MY interests.
Follow the rules of MY religion
Engage in MY activities.
Don't behave a certain way toward ME.
Don't be yourself.

I ask why. Why shouldn't they? Why can't they live their lives without interference, but you can?

Pride is about fulfilling your right as a human being to live your life without harming anybody else because it's who you are, and not accepting the attempts of others to stop you. As long as people hate other people for who they are and who they love, Pride will exist.
Two very well-written posts.

The censorship king from out of state.

G G

Post by G G » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:54 am

Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:22 pm
G G wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:47 am

We should be celebrating the moment your mom swallowed you, but yet here we are...You are the default, so there is zero reason to celebrate heteronormativity.

HIV and AIDS is not spread as much now as whaf it was. You are a joke, and your little horses think so too.
You just don't seem to get it.

When the basis for pride becomes your skin color, what is in your underpants, or who you want to be in bed with, then you really do cheapen the idea of pride. There is nothing so remarkable about the gays, Blacks, or men who like to pretend to be women that they should feel proud for these personal attributes. Pride is something someone should develop over time. When I look at these communities, I have to ask where the pride comes from and how it manifests.

The gays and trannies can have real pride only one way: by earning it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic