Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gretchen Whitmer violates own order

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Gretchen Whitmer violates own order

Post by Matt » Sun May 23, 2021 7:19 pm

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 234477001/

Any reason the July 1 restrictions can't be ended on May 24?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

G G

Re: Gretchen Whitmer violates own order

Post by G G » Sun May 23, 2021 10:23 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 7:19 pm

How disgusting.

She holds us to a standard so extreme the court needs to restrain her. If this was such an important issue for her, she wouldn't be out and about without a mask period. She is laughing at the dronish cretins who not only refuse to challenge her, but who still want us in masks even after most people are vaccinated!

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

kager

Post by kager » Mon May 24, 2021 8:25 am

Matt wrote:

Saw this thread and thought, 'Why is someone RE-hashing stuff from months ago?'... but this new latest gaffe is getting lots of air-time, just in time for her favourite holiday weekend. Oops.

Times have been tough for the hospitality industry nation-wide due to COVID, but with the blanket restrictions she has mandated on the bar/restaurant businesses here in da Mitt, it is surprising she got a table anywhere. Maybe she knows the owner?

At least our governor has apologized as instructed by her campaign advisor, and that'll make things all better (except maybe to those who have lost their business thanks to the aforementioned restrictions).

To err is human, but perhaps Big Wretch & Co should just stay home & anonymously grubhub during the month of May.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon May 24, 2021 8:27 am

I'm not saying the situation was not safe. Like the explanation she's giving "We've all been vaccinated". Fine. I would of been comfortable there.

But it's yet another case of "Do what I say, not what I do". No matter what the situation.

Don't go up north ... Unless you're my hubby.
Don't gather with others .. unless it's for a photo op.
Don't travel ... Unless it's to go to the inauguration, or on vacation, or to visit my dad, etc, etc.

Was there really any health risk involved in these variances from state mandates? No not really. But that's not the point. You're saying don't do it. So don't do it.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Mon May 24, 2021 9:13 am

It's quite cumbersome seeing politicians thinking they're above their own laws. They almost always get busted, too. I get that being Governor is stressful, especially in Michigan, but come on...

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon May 24, 2021 9:25 am

And another thing.
Why would, as soon as someone said "Cheese", the thought not cross her mind that taking pictures at a gathering of a dozen probably isn't a good idea?
Instead, she smiles for the camera.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Mon May 24, 2021 10:56 am

The best part is she believes an apology is the right thing when its not!

The small businesses that violated didn't get to say sorry and instead the State imposed hefty fines and took away licenses while the governor ridiculed those small businesses for the violations during interviews.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon May 24, 2021 11:18 am

I would expect a visit from the health department to this establishment to ensure they are practicing all of the proper protocols. Just like when Dave Portnoy visited the Detroit coney island. I am sure there is fairness that is applied.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 344589001/

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 24, 2021 8:29 pm

I would submit that someone who is so afraid for their safety they have to take a private jet to Florida instead of a commercial jet through Metro airport is a whole lot safer at Metro airport then they are at a sports bar college hangout in East lansing.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

hanson

Post by hanson » Mon May 24, 2021 9:07 pm

G G wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:23 pm
Matt wrote:

How wonderful!!

She holds herself to a high standard.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Mon May 24, 2021 11:04 pm

I would submit, rather than traipsing through Metro, a private jet may just be safer for her. With a bunch of riled up yahoos running around wah-wahing and stalking her she was probably far better jetting off from a less used venue. Perhaps COVID was not what she was worried about.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

kager

Post by kager » Tue May 25, 2021 7:32 am

HD74 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 11:04 pm
I would submit, rather than traipsing through Metro, a private jet may just be safer for her. With a bunch of riled up yahoos running around wah-wahing and stalking her she was probably far better jetting off from a less used venue. Perhaps COVID was not what she was worried about.
Well, you're probably not wrong. She prolly coulda wrapped him up in a blanket and flew Pa and a caregiver up to da mitt for a long stay, too.

Is there some record of her using non-private transportation out of MI since taking office?

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 25, 2021 8:42 am

HD74 wrote:
Betcha it's a whole lot easier for "a bunch of riled up yahoos running around wah-wahing and stalking her" to get into a college town sports bar and cause mayhem than at Metro.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 25, 2021 9:33 am

hanson wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 9:07 pm
G G wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:23 pm
Matt wrote:

How wonderful!!

She holds herself to a high standard.
And this is where the bit jumped the shark...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 25, 2021 11:12 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:42 am
HD74 wrote:
Betcha it's a whole lot easier for "a bunch of riled up yahoos running around wah-wahing and stalking her" to get into a college town sports bar and cause mayhem than at Metro.
The idea is that the wound up yahoo’s see her at the airport while they happen to be there. Given its demographics East Lansing is unlikely to have a vast supply of such yahoo’s handy for the occasion.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic