Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan mask mandate effectively DONE (and officially done July 1)

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Michigan mask mandate effectively DONE (and officially done July 1)

Post by bmw » Fri May 14, 2021 6:19 pm

Full details here: https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news/hea ... 12d76818cf

Summary:
-Effective tomorrow at 9 AM, all outdoor mask mandates are LIFTED
-Effective tomorrow at 9 AM, all indoor mask mandates are LIFTED for fully vaccinated people
-Effective July 1, all mask mandates of any kind are LIFTED

My immediate reaction is, about damn time!

As a practical matter, since I don't know how retailers could possibly distinguish vaccinated from non-vaccinated people, the mask mandate is basically done.

lidoshuffle

Re: Michigan mask mandate effectively DONE (and officially done July 1)

Post by lidoshuffle » Fri May 14, 2021 6:53 pm

So all those anti-vaxxers who told us "The CDC doesn't know shit and they don't dictate what I do" now all of a sudden are like..."Yea the CDC tells us no masks anymore"...??? So they now believe and do what the CDC tells them??

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun May 16, 2021 11:55 am

bmw wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:19 pm

Summary:
-Effective tomorrow at 9 AM, all indoor mask mandates are LIFTED for fully vaccinated people

As a practical matter, since I don't know how retailers could possibly distinguish vaccinated from non-vaccinated people, the mask mandate is basically done.
Most stores seem to still be requiring them anyway which is fully within their rights. You still must comply with their rules or risk being forcibly removed if needed.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun May 16, 2021 12:15 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:55 am
bmw wrote:

Summary:

Most stores seem to still be requiring them anyway which is fully within their rights. You still must comply with their rules or risk being forcibly removed if needed.
No one is getting forcibly removed for not wearing a mask.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 16, 2021 2:39 pm

I've shopped at four big box stores so far this weekend (including Costco), and so far, every customer and every employee I've come across was wearing a mask inside each store.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun May 16, 2021 5:12 pm

So if vaccinated people are still wearing their masks, then I guess this isn't really about "following the science," is it? The government and the media got so much of the public so much more frightened than was necessary.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun May 16, 2021 6:44 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 5:12 pm
So if vaccinated people are still wearing their masks, then I guess this isn't really about "following the science," is it? The government and the media got so much of the public so much more frightened than was necessary.
I'm basically just going with the flow. I've had both shots since the beginning of March. Yesterday and today, I kept a mask in my pocket. No one at the Speedway or the DQ had one on. So I didn't either. At the Kroger and going to and from my table at the restaurant, others were wearing a mask so I did too. Out of these 4 places, only the Kroger still had a sign on the door.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun May 16, 2021 11:59 pm

bmw wrote:
Now it’s peoples choice… guess what? They are choosing to do their part and wear a mask anyways. Over time it’ll lessen. Patience isn’t your strong suit.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 17, 2021 7:49 am

bmw wrote:
There is a large increase of "cases" of politician and media induced mental illness in regard to covid.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon May 17, 2021 8:38 am

I keep a mask on me and if the majority of those in a store are wearing one then I put mine on. No big deal.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 17, 2021 2:54 pm

Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:

Summary:

Meijer has ended the mask mandate: https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids ... aking_news

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 17, 2021 3:04 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:54 pm
Meijer has ended the mask mandate: https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids ... aking_news
That was quick. I thought MAYBE they would hold out until the middle of the week.
bmw wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:44 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:20 pm
Note one caveat.. businesses CAN and WILL REQUIRE masks in their establishments. Kroger and Meijer will… don’t ditch those masks just yet if you’re vaccinated.
Won't last long. Money is king, and as soon as they start losing customers, those policies will change in a hurry.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Mon May 17, 2021 5:21 pm

Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:

Summary:

It’s largest competitor was allowing unmasked people in its store. That would be Loss of business to meijer. Makes sense to ditch the mask.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed May 19, 2021 10:29 am

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 5:21 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:

Summary:

It’s largest competitor was allowing unmasked people in its store. That would be Loss of business to meijer. Makes sense to ditch the mask.
Makes zero sense to do this while people are still dying.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed May 19, 2021 10:38 am

Can't stay locked down and social distanced and masked forever. Eventually life has got to get back to normal.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic