Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Enbridge gives Whitmer the finger, refuses to close pipeline

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
paul8539

Re: Enbridge gives Whitmer the finger, refuses to close pipeline

Post by paul8539 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:39 pm

There are also activists in Minnesota trying to shut down Enbridge Line 3.

SO: the Enbridge lines get shut down, Keystone XL does not get built, oil drilling is stopped in the arctic, hackers shut down other lines. Where do we get our gas from?

Since the Chinese are drilling in the South China Sea, maybe we could get some from them.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:00 pm

China is drilling in the Gulf of Mexico too.

kager

Post by kager » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:18 am

Meanwhile, from the big big Brewvine News Team:

In an effort to gain free publicity, boost flagging sales & the owner's megaphone volume, a Leelanau County (MI) winery's 'Director of Mawbyness' gets 'creative'...

https://www.9and10news.com/2021/06/22/m ... r-quality/

That's gotta be some mighty fine wine! I hear it pairs well with beef... output.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:57 pm

Since someone put the paddles to this thread, I'll say my peace.

Unless there's some chance of construction of the tunnel polluting the Great Lakes, I'm perplexed why anyone has a problem with a sealed concrete underground tunnel.

Isn't there like zero chance this is going fill up with water? Has there ever been a time some active underwater tunnel anywhere has sprung a leak and filled up?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:51 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:57 pm
Since someone put the paddles to this thread, I'll say my peace.

Unless there's some chance of construction of the tunnel polluting the Great Lakes, I'm perplexed why anyone has a problem with a sealed concrete underground tunnel.

Isn't there like zero chance this is going fill up with water? Has there ever been a time some active underwater tunnel anywhere has sprung a leak and filled up?
If there’s even a remote chance that the heavens open up and Zeus cuts it open with a lightning bolt then it shouldn’t be built. We get one shot at not fucking the lakes up. ONE.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:21 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:51 am
If there’s even a remote chance that the heavens open up and Zeus cuts it open with a lightning bolt then it shouldn’t be built. We get one shot at not fucking the lakes up. ONE.
I think all can agree the Thunder God of Greek Mythology isn't real. Next you'll be telling us Rick Moranis will be summoning Gozer The Destroyer to smash the tunnel to smithereens.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:08 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:21 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:51 am
I think all can agree the Thunder God of Greek Mythology isn't real. Next you'll be telling us Rick Moranis will be summoning Gozer The Destroyer to smash the tunnel to smithereens.
Exaggeration and hyperbole isn’t your strong suit. Nor is sarcasm to make a point apparently. A pity.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:17 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:08 pm
Exaggeration and hyperbole isn’t your strong suit. Nor is sarcasm to make a point apparently. A pity.
I'm just on here having fun. Busting balls. The losers are the ones that take anything on social media seriously.

Like Billy Gardell says in his Comedy Central special:
"If you're looking for an intelligent conversation, call your mother".

Buzzboard is something to look at while I'm sitting on the pot. Busting out laughing helps me go. And as soon as the paperwork is done, I forget about this stuff until the next time I have to go.

I don't have every message pop up on my phone as soon as it's posted. And to be brutality honest, unless you're a moderator, you're a loser if you do.

Lighten up Francis. Maybe you should quit driving the short bus. The passengers are wearing off on you.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:03 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:17 am
Rate This wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:08 pm
I'm just on here having fun. Busting balls. The losers are the ones that take anything on social media seriously.

Like Billy Gardell says in his Comedy Central special:
"If you're looking for an intelligent conversation, call your mother".

Buzzboard is something to look at while I'm sitting on the pot. Busting out laughing helps me go. And as soon as the paperwork is done, I forget about this stuff until the next time I have to go.

I don't have every message pop up on my phone as soon as it's posted. And to be brutality honest, unless you're a moderator, you're a loser if you do.

Lighten up Francis. Maybe you should quit driving the short bus. The passengers are wearing off on you.
Nor is ball busting apparently… my god man…

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:29 am

paul8539 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:39 pm
There are also activists in Minnesota trying to shut down Enbridge Line 3.

SO: the Enbridge lines get shut down, Keystone XL does not get built, oil drilling is stopped in the arctic, hackers shut down other lines. Where do we get our gas from?
if you do some research you will soon discover that all the oil in those pipelines are going through the United States to foreign markets. Xl was going to the ports in the Gulf Coast, line 5 goes through Michigan and into Sarnia where it is shipped to Europe, Line 3 supports line 5.

We will continue to get our oil from our own sources. Texas has more than an ample supply for the United States until solar and electric takeover, and oil is only used for plastics.

The bigger question, why are you so comfortable with the United States surrendering its sovereign right to a foreign corporation?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic