Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Republicans continue to fray

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Republicans continue to fray

Post by TC Talks » Sun May 02, 2021 2:37 pm

It seems the trump vs conservative battle continues.

I personally enjoy them spending so much time fighting each other, they are distracted from trying to figure out how to take back the Senate in 2022.
In fact, there is no evidence to support Trump’s false assertions, which culminated in a deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. But Ell, a Republican precinct delegate in her state, said the 2020 election is one of the reasons she’s working to censure and remove Jason Roe from his role as the Michigan Republican Party’s executive director — specifically that Roe accepted the 2020 results, telling Politico that “the election wasn’t stolen” and that “there is no one to blame but Trump.”
Nearly six months after Trump lost to Biden, rejection of the 2020 election results — dubbed the “Big Lie” by many Democrats — has increasingly become an unofficial litmus test for acceptance in the Republican Party. In January, 147 GOP lawmakers — eight senators and 139 House members — voted in support of objections to the election results, and since then, Republicans from Congress to statehouses to local party organizations have fervently embraced the falsehood.

In Washington, normally chatty senators scramble to skirt the question, and internal feuding over who is to blame for the Jan. 6 insurrection has riven the House Republican leadership, with tensions between House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, the No. 3 House Republican, spilling into public view. Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) is facing a Trump-aligned primary challenger in her 2022 race, inspired by her call for Trump to resign after the Jan. 6 attack and her later vote to convict him over his role in inciting the insurrection.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 14896

Re: Republicans continue to fray

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun May 02, 2021 3:12 pm

As far as Trump vs. Biden, or any other election, I'm not going to say it was rigged.

But Peters vs. James. I just don't know. I'm not going to say it was. But like I've said previously here on Buzzboard, I got a little side hustle serving papers, witnessing signatures, that sort of thing.

As most know, James was ahead until the inner cities came in. Too many in those neighborhoods said something along the lines of "I voted for the brother" to me for me not to ponder.
Last edited by Deleted User 14896 on Sun May 02, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun May 02, 2021 3:27 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:12 pm
As far as Trump vs. Biden, or any other election, I'm not going to say it was rigged.

But Peters vs. James. I just don't know. I'm not going to say it was. But like I've said previously here on Buzzboard, I got a little side hustle serving papers, witnessing signatures, that sort of thing.

And I'll be honest. James was ahead until the inner cities came in. And just too many in those neighborhoods said something along the lines of "I voted for the brother" for me to not ponder.
Even if 100 people said that to you it would be irrelevant.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Mon May 03, 2021 6:33 pm

So do urban voters simply vote "for the Democrat" regardless or do they vote "for the brother"? I'm confused.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon May 03, 2021 11:04 pm

Anecdotal evidence doesn't mean shit.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Wed May 05, 2021 5:50 pm

MOTOWN: It seems that urban voters vote for Democrats, and rural voters vote for Republicans; regardless of race.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic