Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer traveled out of state

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Chrocket87

Re: Whitmer traveled out of state

Post by Chrocket87 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:13 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:22 am
How dare she visit dying family! What a bitch!
So, you’ve recently called for her to shut down the state again, but you’re ok with her going out of state for personal travel?

Are we so sure that MCRF isn’t a burner account set up by the Ol’ Gretch herself?

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:59 pm

What amazes me is how these folks manage to do the same thing over and over expecting a different result. They think this time nobody will notice, and yet somebody always does. I only had to touch a hot burner once to realize it's not a good idea, and I wasn't under a public spotlight. They just don't learn.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:03 pm

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:59 pm
What amazes me is how these folks manage to do the same thing over and over expecting a different result. They think this time nobody will notice, and yet somebody always does. I only had to touch a hot burner once to realize it's not a good idea, and I wasn't under a public spotlight. They just don't learn.
This. I'm not sure what it is about power that make people and institutions think that their transgressions will go unnoticed. Again, I have no issue with Gov Whitmer seeing her sick father - but just be honest and own it. Her reaction to the fall out is not helping her.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:35 pm

Chrocket87 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:13 pm
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:22 am
How dare she visit dying family! What a bitch!
So, you’ve recently called for her to shut down the state again, but you’re ok with her going out of state for personal travel?

Are we so sure that MCRF isn’t a burner account set up by the Ol’ Gretch herself?
I was on this board in 2006, were you even out of Specs by then?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:28 pm

I graduated high school in 2006. And, no, I didn’t attend Specs afterward. I got a degree that is actually employable, so I can support everyone getting bonus unemployment checks until the Dems deem appropriate.

But, enough about me. Let’s get back to this question:

Why is that?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:15 am

Chrocket87 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:28 pm
I graduated high school in 2006. And, no, I didn’t attend Specs afterward. I got a degree that is actually employable, so I can support everyone getting bonus unemployment checks until the Dems deem appropriate.

Why is that?
Pardon me... not to interrupt... did I miss the blockades across the Ohio border when we were locked down?

Even at its peak you could make that sort of trip.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:29 am

Chrocket87 wrote:

Why is that?
We weren't locked in our homes and could visit and care for immediate family. Or do you not remember that exemption?

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:32 pm

Bidengirl wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:37 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:15 am
Chrocket87 wrote:

Why is that?
Pardon me... not to interrupt... did I miss the blockades across the Ohio border when we were locked down?

Even at its peak you could make that sort of trip.
If you ever go to Ohio, it's your own fault!

:rollin :rollin :rollin
If you get banned for a fifth time, it’s your own fault.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:27 pm

Bidengirl wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:29 am
Chrocket87 wrote:

Why is that?
We weren't locked in our homes and could visit and care for immediate family. Or do you not remember that exemption?

Look at these liberals defending free travel now!

There were exceptions to what was being deemed a "lockdown". You were allowed to leave your home to assist ill relatives and caretakers. Not my fault you don't know how to fucking read.

Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:09 am

Bidengirl wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:11 am
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:27 pm
Bidengirl wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:29 am
Chrocket87 wrote:

Why is that?

Look at these liberals defending free travel now!

There were exceptions to what was being deemed a "lockdown". You were allowed to leave your home to assist ill relatives and caretakers. Not my fault you don't know how to fucking read.
I am "allowed" to do whatever I want. And that's what I do.
Fortunately for us you want to leave the board for good.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 09, 2021 7:48 pm

Here is a good article from Bridge MI - a non-partisan state government news service - regarding Whitmer's lack of openness and transparency.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-gover ... n-governor

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun May 09, 2021 11:58 pm

Bridge MI is not in any way independent. LOL.

Audacity sucks.

kager

Post by kager » Mon May 10, 2021 6:55 am

Face it, Whitmer has been in campaign- and image-enhancement mode since March.

Maybe none of this will matter by the time she loses her job in a year and a half...

Lately, it has been safer for her to travel out of state than in:

https://upnorthlive.com/news/local/man- ... verse-city

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon May 10, 2021 10:12 am

True, plus the death threats and kidnapping plans don't exactly endear feelings of safety. If she is replaced with law and order man, I certainly hope he has the balls to stand up to the white supremacist extremists in this state.

Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 10, 2021 10:26 am

Mon May 10, 2021 10:12 am
...to stand up to the white supremacist extremists in this state.
Yeah, because white supremacy is the issue of the day in Michigan :roll:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic