Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer traveled out of state

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
SoutheastMIViewer

Whitmer traveled out of state

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:27 pm

Normally I would defend such actions under those circumstances but whitmer has publicly announced over and over to not visit family members to stop the spread of covid and visiting can wait to make everyone safe.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 294359002/

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

Matt

Re: Whitmer traveled out of state

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:43 am

Interesting that it took a month for this to come out...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:32 am

Politician's often don't seem fond of leading by example when its inconvenient for them personally.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:52 am

Whitmer’s dad prefers Ron DeSantis.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:35 am

I have never heard of Queen Gretchen's father referred to as "elderly" until this story came out that she traveled to Florida to visit him. I see the narrative building already......how dare anyone question the Queen!

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:28 pm

Bidengirl wrote:
    Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:43 am
    If you traveled, you were called "reckless, irresponsible, unsafe, and selfish."

Compliance with arbitrary, non-scientific rules were seen as moral, patriotic, and civic.

This is just another example of what I'm trying to communicate to all of you.

They don't follow their own rules, so why should you?
    I knew that from the start when she slammed the protestors in Lansing for pumping gas which she highlighted causing spread of the covid19 virus but praised the BLM protestors pumping gas and driving to downtown Detroit and said they don't spread covid19. Also whitmer was at the protest in downtown Detroit.

Talk about a partisan attack clear as day from the governor

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:00 pm

Whitmer has absolutely mismanaged the pandemic on several fronts, including clarity in messaging. It seems that the driving goal for policy was controlling hospitalization rates such that our healthcare system can manage the caseload. However, all of her decisions has been hiding under an opaque wall of "science," when in practice, the essence of the scientific process is transparency for the sake of getting closer to an "absolute truth."

The opacity has given the space for the governor to hedge on decisions, which is somewhat understandable early on in the pandemic when it is completely unclear what is the appropriate solution. However, as we acquire more data and science advisors are more apprised of the implications of the latest research, it is quite reasonable to expect increasing transparency towards what is driving our state's policy. It's also reasonable to expect adjustments to her assumptions based on emerging science.

We know that COVID is transmitted person-to-person through our respiration systems, so the risk of transmission increases with crowd density. For this reason, it's completely reasonable to encourage activities that mitigate viral spread, such as mask-wearing, vaccinations, and social distancing when possible. Within this framework, it is totally reasonable for someone to travel to see an ailing relative or other emergencies. However, it is inconsistent with the Governor's messaging and that part is meritorious of scrutiny. That said, I send my best wishes to her family during this difficult time.

At the same time, I also wish for more humility in her governing. It is a bad faith argument to blame the current surge on the GOP and the Michigan Supreme Court. The actions she took to suppress the fall surge were made well after the court decisions that clarified usage of emergency powers. Those same tools exist today. We can argue whether or not she should use them, but it is a disappointing lie to claim that her hands are tied. The buck still stops with her and the federal government.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:07 pm

The Queen only believed in science while Trump was in office, now the Queen believes in Political Science.

While the pandemic was kicking into high gear the Queen practicing what she preaches. :?

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:27 am

Whitmer is trying to defend her trip saying it was only two days and never really any issue with traveling as no ban was in place.

Here’s what here medical covid team says about that in the past year.

“Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, chief medical officer of the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, reiterated that residents should stay home from the holidays and avoid celebrating with anyone who doesn’t live in their household.

Khaldun discouraged traveling for Thanksgiving or any of the winter holidays, saying even though it’s not legally forbidden, it’s medically discouraged.”

https://www.clickondetroit.com/health/2 ... ses-surge/

“So we really are encouraging people not to travel for Christmas and start figuring out how to use Zoom to stay close,” Whitmer said.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/health/2 ... e-horizon/

Whitmer must have never figured out how to use zoom.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:22 am

How dare she visit dying family! What a bitch!

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
    The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
    Audacity sucks.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:27 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
    Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:22 am
    She forced Michigan citizens to not see their dying family from her science and data. There was at one point you got fined if you gathered with that dying family member

https://wwmt.com/news/local/violators-o ... or-charges

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:39 am

There is no indication that her dad is dying.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:51 am

While she urges others not do the same regardless of the situation and give me a break with the drama. You may be fine with the hypocritical talk coming out of her mouth but some of us don't like phoniness out of all politicians not just the ones because of the (D) or (R) next to their name.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:09 am

Bidengirl wrote:
    Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:43 am
    Her reaction is childish.

"Hey, at least I wasn't partying in Florida."

Her PR department said that she was gone for no more than two full days and wasn't partying.

1. The length of time doesn't matter.
    2. What she was doing in Florida doesn't matter.
    3. She forbade people in Michigan to visit relatives WHO WERE ACTUALLY DYING, yet she visits her father who definitely is not dying.
    4. Who voted for this disaster?
    4. I voted for this because I could not stand Schuette. Apparently, his competitor has overtook him in the dislike category.

I listened to her advice/requests to not travel across the State last Thanksgiving (same requests were in place) to visit aging relatives who are not in the best of shape, older than her "elderly" father. I guess her situation is just more important/urgent than mine was. Effing Queen.................

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:55 pm

She's a liar too...
    Last week, Whitmer joined the Michigan publication MIRS on their podcast, where she was asked by reporter Kyle Melinn if she was able to take any days off for spring break or over the past year amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

Whitmer, a Democrat, responded that she was "here in town the whole time" during spring break and that the last trip she had taken "was to Israel" on official business.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic