Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rashida Tlaib is an embarrassment to the state of Michigan

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Rashida Tlaib is an embarrassment to the state of Michigan

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:25 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:59 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:56 am
bmw wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:33 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:41 am
Rashida is one of the best legislators this country has had recently. We demand police reform!
Did you not read what she said? She said the police CAN'T be reformed and that they need to be abolished. Along with the military and the prison system.
That’s not what she said.
It's what she tweeted.

https://twitter.com/RashidaTlaib/status ... tarization
It wasn't an accident. Policing in our country is inherently & intentionally racist.

Daunte Wright was met with aggression & violence. I am done with those who condone government funded murder.

No more policing, incarceration, and militarization. It can't be reformed.
Militarization there refers to police receiving surplus armored vehicles and things like that from the military over the last two decades. It’s been slowly militarized in the years since 9/11 and that’s been well documented.

She is not talking about ending the military itself or even talking about the military at all for that matter.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:21 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:25 pm

Militarization there refers to police receiving surplus armored vehicles and things like that from the military over the last two decades. It’s been slowly militarized in the years since 9/11 and that’s been well documented.

She is not talking about ending the military itself or even talking about the military at all for that matter.
I'll give you that, but the abolishment of the police and prison system stands as stated.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:34 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:21 pm
Rate This wrote:

I'll give you that, but the abolishment of the police and prison system stands as stated.
And I won’t argue that point. Id be interested to know what she would replace it with. Otherwise she’s bluffing for attention.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:35 pm

Bidengirl wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:42 pm
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:59 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:56 am
bmw wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:33 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:41 am
Rashida is one of the best legislators this country has had recently. We demand police reform!
Did you not read what she said? She said the police CAN'T be reformed and that they need to be abolished. Along with the military and the prison system.
That’s not what she said.
It's what she tweeted.

https://twitter.com/RashidaTlaib/status ... tarization
It wasn't an accident. Policing in our country is inherently & intentionally racist.

Daunte Wright was met with aggression & violence. I am done with those who condone government funded murder.

No more policing, incarceration, and militarization. It can't be reformed.

Why is anyone surprised that a Muslim wants to weaken America's defense while also supporting Palestine, where her parents are from?
Why is anybody surprised that LL has no life to love?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:13 pm

And...

For all you Whitmer slappy's, (cough, cough, TC Talks) on today's Paul W. Smith show, Governor Whitmer went on record saying Talib was misguided in her thoughts about policing.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:25 pm

She is a liberal democrat in a liberal district. Her district will vote for any democrat. She just happened to be the democrat running at the time, so she got elected.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:08 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:24 pm
The fact that this far-left nutjob got elected to ANY position of government, let alone as a representative for the state of Michigan, is not only scary, but an outright embarrassment to our state. This was her on twitter yesterday:
It wasn't an accident. Policing in our country is inherently & intentionally racist. Daunte Wright was met with aggression & violence. I am done with those who condone government-funded murder. No more policing, incarceration, and militarization. It can't be reformed.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... death.html

I don't even know where to start with this one. First off, how does she know that what happened in Minneapolis wasn't an accident? Second, she is outright calling for:

-Abolishing the police
-Abolishing prisons and jails
-Abolishing the military

...because, in her words, they can't be reformed.

I really am at a loss for words on how to even respond to this idiocy.

EDIT - sorry for the double-post. I didn't see that our resident previously-banned troll LL101 made a topic on the same article.
Somebody in the news asked Detroit Police Chief James Craig about her, and he summed her up perfectly: She's an attention seeker.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:14 pm

Tlaib is either bat-shit crazy (very, very possible) or she actually does not believe what she said and simply made a calculated move to rally her far left base to raise campaign cash.

Either way, her words are completely irresponsible and absurd.

Constant Listener

Post by Constant Listener » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:25 pm

I very rarely post in this section but when I read this this statement from Talib, I thought one thing: I’m a Democrat and even I don’t support what she said. She gave an overly simplistic answer to a rather complex problem and came off looking like an idiot.

When I did law enforcement last in the early to mid 90’s in the Detroit area working midnights, I did a lot of traffic enforcement mainly because I was bored most of the time. When I approached a car, I ALWAYS had my hand on my gun. Why? For my safety. Did a few other things to give myself an advantage over the people I stopped. I know I intimidated the hell out of people, but, once again, my safety.

Only had one person complain about ne having my hand on my gun and it was while she was fighting a ticket in court. The Judge looked point blank at her and said, “Ma’am, he has no idea who you are when he stops you.” She shut right up.

A lot of these armchair quarterbacks about law enforcement and what has been happening lately just annoy the hell out of me. Do the job for a while and you’ll definitely have a way different view on things. The job isn’t easy and making split second decisions that will be scrutinized forever, especially in this day and age of everyone having cameras (wish my department had them), is a reason that police departments can’t find cops now.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:58 pm

Constant Listener wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:25 pm
Do the job for a while and you’ll definitely have a way different view on things.
THIS! And I will add, be a law abiding citizen in a high crime area and you'll have a different view on things too.

All these limousine liberals that never spend a day or live in a high crime area, yet have opinions up the ass on how to fix things, don't know shit.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:57 pm

Tlaib needs to resign.

Last night on Detroit's west side a man drove by and shot at police who were at a crime scene investigating. I would not be surprised if Tlaib comments influenced the shooter.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Wed May 05, 2021 6:50 pm

She was elected because she is a Democrat in a highly-Democratic district. In that district, it does not matter who the Democrat is, if they are a Democrat, they will be elected.

If you don't want her as your representative, find another Democrat to run against her. Republicans won't work; they will never get elected in her district.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun May 09, 2021 12:37 am

I hope Rashida's seat is the one that goes bye-bye bye since Michigan has lost a seat in congress she has done nothing to help the state of Michigan or Detroit for that matter she is the worse congresswoman in the state of Michigan that is a fact.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 09, 2021 2:33 pm

Since Wayne County is losing population at a faster pace than probably most of the rest of the state, I agree that a congressional seat should be subtracted from the Metro Detroit region.

I believe Wayne County's population is down 13% just since the year 2000!

On the opposite side of the coin, Kent County has witnessed about a 13% increase over that same time period.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic