Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rashida Tlaib is an embarrassment to the state of Michigan

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Rashida Tlaib is an embarrassment to the state of Michigan

Post by Bryce » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:23 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:45 pm
Bryce,

Sometimes poles are designed not to really understand the perspective of those most impacted by policy.
Gee, that sure sounds like an ethnic slur to me? Are you implying that people of Polish decent are stupid?
TC Talks wrote:
This is politics at its core, representing the needs of a constituency.
What needs are those? Not getting arrested when breaking the law?
TC Talks wrote:
We've had our fun with the representative of the white supremacist part of the country
Like Grand Traverse County?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:47 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:51 am
... you being above 50 and white...
You're off by a bit more than a full decade with my age. I'm not nearly as old as you assume me to be.
Law & order is not the only way to work with a society. I would say it's the least successful way. Are you telling me that law and order actually is being effective when they shoot people for misdemeanors?
Ok, so this pretty much confirms that you ARE batshit crazy. Without law and order, you're left with anarchy. And with anarchy, there is no civilized society.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:59 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:47 pm
TC Talks wrote:
... you being above 50 and white...
You're off by a bit more than a full decade with my age. I'm not nearly as old as you assume me to be.
Law & order is not the only way to work with a society. I would say it's the least successful way. Are you telling me that law and order actually is being effective when they shoot people for misdemeanors?
Ok, so this pretty much confirms that you ARE batshit crazy. Without law and order, you're left with anarchy. And with anarchy, there is no civilized society.
Anarchy could be fun... am I the only one that stares at a riot and wonders how much worse it could get?

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:43 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:59 pm
Anarchy could be fun... am I the only one that stares at a riot and wonders how much worse it could get?

On a side-note, I don't think the far left really knows what they're asking for when they advocate for anarchy. Because if true anarchy were to ensue, you know where all the power would end up? In the hands of people with guns - ie, white middle-age Republican males.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:53 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:43 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:59 pm

On a side-note, I don't think the far left really knows what they're asking for when they advocate for anarchy. Because if true anarchy were to ensue, you know where all the power would end up? In the hands of people with guns - ie, white middle-age Republican males.
Actually plenty of liberals own guns too. Quite a bipartisan item indeed... Travel to Vermont or Oregon some time.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:07 am

Rashida Tlaib is a disgrace to Michigan and she shouldn't have security guards at her side since she doesn't like them and disrespects them.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:41 am

Rashida is one of the best legislators this country has had recently. We demand police reform!

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:27 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:41 am
Rashida is one of the best legislators this country has had recently.
:rollin
Rep. Rashida Tlaib bill proposes $2000 monthly checks for US citizens and illegal immigrants
We demand police reform!
The vast majority of the population would prefer criminal reform.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:53 am

TC Talks wrote:

Law & order is not the only way to work with a society. I would say it's the least successful way.
Our system is failing you just happen to have moved somewhere away from the crisis
There is a crisis alright. One stemming from the lack of law and order.

Research Report for the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:15 am

bmw wrote:
.... I don't think the far left really knows what they're asking for when they advocate for anarchy. Because if true anarchy were to ensue, you know where all the power would end up? In the hands of people with guns - ie, white middle-age Republican males ....
If anarchy was to happen, what do you surmise the end result would be? Would it go as you say?

I'm thinking a different thought than you. I'm thinking the end result would be exactly what the far left really wants. Control. Let things get crazy for a little while. Then the Left uses the chaos as an excuse to swing the pendulum to the US looking like Eastern Europe.

Soldiers everywhere. Can't walk down the street without showing your papers. Personal firearms seized. All for the "greater good" to prevent the anarchy from happening again. Control. Exactly what the Far Left wants.

I know this may be just tin foil hat talk. But it's what I ponder.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:26 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:53 am
TC Talks wrote:

Law & order is not the only way to work with a society. I would say it's the least successful way.
Our system is failing you just happen to have moved somewhere away from the crisis
There is a crisis alright. One stemming from the lack of law and order.

Research Report for the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund
It really makes you think: What are the police for?

The police are supposed to make sure folks abide by those rules (laws) our society has put in place. Those rules (laws) are there so folks 'keep in their own lane' which allows (or should allow) others to enjoy the freedoms this country provides. Folks who can't function within the laws established, should be penalized or removed from society. We should not continue to tolerate those who can't function in a civil society.

You should feel safe to walk the streets of a town, whether in daylight or at night. You should be able to leave your car unlocked without fear of someone ransacking the inside or stealing it. We are FAR, FAR from that.

We don't need more policing, but we do need to allow police to do their jobs.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:33 am

Rashida is one of the best legislators this country has had recently. We demand police reform!
Did you not read what she said? She said the police CAN'T be reformed and that they need to be abolished. Along with the military and the prison system.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:43 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:15 am
bmw wrote:
.... I don't think the far left really knows what they're asking for when they advocate for anarchy. Because if true anarchy were to ensue, you know where all the power would end up? In the hands of people with guns - ie, white middle-age Republican males ....
If anarchy was to happen, what do you surmise the end result would be? Would it go as you say?

I'm thinking a different thought than you. I'm thinking the end result would be exactly what the far left really wants. Control. Let things get crazy for a little while. Then the Left uses the chaos as an excuse to swing the pendulum to the US looking like Eastern Europe.

Soldiers everywhere. Can't walk down the street without showing your papers. Personal firearms seized. All for the "greater good" to prevent the anarchy from happening again. Control. Exactly what the Far Left wants.

I know this may be just tin foil hat talk. But it's what I ponder.
I think there's a difference between what politicians who promote anarchy really mean and what the average fringe nutjob civilian means. When regular people say it, what they're really promoting is chaos controlled by mob rule. When politicians such as Tlaib say it, I think they really mean totalitarianism. Wikipedia says it best - " a form of government or political system that prohibits opposition parties, restricts individual opposition to the state and its claims, and exercises an extremely high degree of control over public and private life." THAT is what politicians such as Tlaib really want.

True anarchy (ie, the actual abolishment of police, prisons, and the military) would cause an almost immediate end to civilized society. It would be every man for himself, and as our functioning society quickly fell apart, you'd end up with over half the population dead in the first year, mainly from a combination of crime and starvation.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:56 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:33 am
Did you not read what she said? She said the police CAN'T be reformed and that they need to be abolished. Along with the military and the prison system.
That’s not what she said.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:59 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:56 am
bmw wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:33 am
That’s not what she said.
It's what she tweeted.

https://twitter.com/RashidaTlaib/status ... tarization
It wasn't an accident. Policing in our country is inherently & intentionally racist.

Daunte Wright was met with aggression & violence. I am done with those who condone government funded murder.

No more policing, incarceration, and militarization. It can't be reformed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic