Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rashida Tlaib is an embarrassment to the state of Michigan

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Rashida Tlaib is an embarrassment to the state of Michigan

Post by bmw » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:24 pm

The fact that this far-left nutjob got elected to ANY position of government, let alone as a representative for the state of Michigan, is not only scary, but an outright embarrassment to our state. This was her on twitter yesterday:
It wasn't an accident. Policing in our country is inherently & intentionally racist. Daunte Wright was met with aggression & violence. I am done with those who condone government-funded murder. No more policing, incarceration, and militarization. It can't be reformed.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... death.html

I don't even know where to start with this one. First off, how does she know that what happened in Minneapolis wasn't an accident? Second, she is outright calling for:

-Abolishing the police
-Abolishing prisons and jails
-Abolishing the military

...because, in her words, they can't be reformed.

I really am at a loss for words on how to even respond to this idiocy.

EDIT - sorry for the double-post. I didn't see that our resident previously-banned troll LL101 made a topic on the same article.

TC Talks

Re: Rashida Tlaib is an embarrassment to the state of Michigan

Post by TC Talks » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:03 pm

Quite a white conservative victim perspective wouldn't you think?

What won't you complain about?

Pathetic

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:14 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:24 pm
The fact that this far-left nutjob got elected to ANY position of government, let alone as a representative for the state of Michigan, is not only scary, but an outright embarrassment to our state. This was her on twitter yesterday:
It wasn't an accident. Policing in our country is inherently & intentionally racist. Daunte Wright was met with aggression & violence. I am done with those who condone government-funded murder. No more policing, incarceration, and militarization. It can't be reformed.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... death.html

I don't even know where to start with this one. First off, how does she know that what happened in Minneapolis wasn't an accident? Second, she is outright calling for:

-Abolishing the police
-Abolishing prisons and jails
-Abolishing the military

...because, in her words, they can't be reformed.

I really am at a loss for words on how to even respond to this idiocy.

EDIT - sorry for the double-post. I didn't see that our resident previously-banned troll LL101 made a topic on the same article.
She a left version of Boebert or Greene.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:38 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:03 pm

Pathetic
Ok, so you think that the complete abolition of jails, prisons, police, and the military (because that is precisely what she's calling for) is a defensible position in this country? If you do, then you're as batshit crazy as she is. I wasn't aware that the mere existence of the most basic infrastructure of a law-and-order-based society is a liberal vs. conservative issue. What she's promoting is the true definition of anarchy.

Are you an anarchist?

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:52 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:14 pm
Has Lauren Boebert called for anything even remotely comparable to dismantling our prisons, jails, military, and police force?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:03 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:52 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:14 pm
Has Lauren Boebert called for anything even remotely comparable to dismantling our prisons, jails, military, and police force?
No but she says equally idiotic things. She also may have given people a tour knowing they were going to storm the Capitol. No small potatoes charge if it’s true.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:33 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:38 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Pathetic
Ok, so you think that the complete abolition of jails, prisons, police, and the military (because that is precisely what she's calling for) is a defensible position in this country?

She is promoting policy that will have a much greater negative impact on her constituents than it would on most other parts of the state. Her constituents know it.

Gallup Poll Of Black Americans
Seventy-nine percent of those who have had an interaction with the police in the past 12 months say they want the police to spend more or the same amount of time in their neighborhood; 21% favor less time.

Eighty-two percent of those who have not had an interaction want the same or greater police presence; 18% want less.
Rashida "Impeach The Motherfucker" Tlaib. A real class act.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:51 am

bmw wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Pathetic
Ok, so you think that the complete abolition of jails, prisons, police, and the military (because that is precisely what she's calling for) is a defensible position in this country? If you do, then you're as batshit crazy as she is. I wasn't aware that the mere existence of the most basic infrastructure of a law-and-order-based society is a liberal vs. conservative issue. What she's promoting is the true definition of anarchy.

Are you an anarchist?
Are you an alarmist? There is a crisis going on for many Americans, you being above 50 and white are not part of the group that is having this crisis but this is who she represents.

Law & order is not the only way to work with a society. I would say it's the least successful way. Are you telling me that law and order actually is being effective when they shoot people for misdemeanors?

Our system is failing you just happen to have moved somewhere away from the crisis

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:00 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:51 am
bmw wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Pathetic

Are you an anarchist?
Are you an alarmist? There is a crisis going on for many Americans, you being above 50 and white are not part of the group that is having this crisis but this is who she represents.

Law & order is not the only way to work with a society. I would say it's the least successful way. Are you telling me that law and order actually is being effective when they shoot people for misdemeanors?

Our system is failing you just happen to have moved somewhere away from the crisis
So your saying you would be ok with someone throwing rocks at your home or would you ask them to stop?

The system is not broken if you ask them to stop. That’s what these officers ask to do.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:01 pm

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:00 pm
TC Talks wrote:
bmw wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Pathetic

Are you an anarchist?

So your saying you would be ok with someone throwing rocks at your home or would you ask them to stop?

The system is not broken if you ask them to stop. That’s what these officers asked the person to do and that person refused to do that.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:02 pm

Who got shot for a misdemeanor?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:20 pm

TC Talks wrote:
There is a crisis going on for many Americans, you being above 50 and white are not part of the group that is having this crisis but this is who she represents.
Again...

Gallop Poll
Black Americans
Seventy-nine percent of those who have had an interaction with the police in the past 12 months say they want the police to spend more or the same amount of time in their neighborhood; 21% favor less time.

Eighty-two percent of those who have not had an interaction want the same or greater police presence; 18% want less.
Is there a possibility that the small group of people "having this crisis" could eliminate said crisis by acting differently?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:45 pm

Bryce,

Sometimes poles are designed not to really understand the perspective of those most impacted by policy.

This is politics at its core, representing the needs of a constituency. We've had our fun with the representative of the white supremacist part of the country now things are becoming more balanced.

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:47 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:02 pm
try googling sometime. You don't strike me as someone who really spends a lot of time trying to understand this issue.

― Noam Chomsky

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:49 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:47 pm
km1125 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:02 pm
try googling sometime. You don't strike me as someone who really spends a lot of time trying to understand this issue.
I spend enough time to know that she is, without question an, "embarrassment to the state of Michigan"

And if you're implying that good ol' Daunte was killed from something hanging from his mirror or for the expired tags, then YOU are not spending enough time looking at the facts.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic