Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rollback on restrictions isn't working

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Rollback on restrictions isn't working

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:42 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:10 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:31 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:27 pm
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:16 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:11 pm
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:07 pm
Our Canadian neighbors are doing a shut down similar to March 2020. While I wouldn't go that far, it is high time we close the schools and restaurants(unless they can do outdoor seating).
Why do you desperately want to prolong this shit?
I am high risk as are many people I know. Have a total of 6 friends that got sick just in the last week. How much longer do you want this shit to go on? Our case numbers are about the same as they were in December. We still have 1/3 of all who are newly infected experiencing neurological or psychological problems. Long haul COVID is real.
Closing shit down has made things worse. That is an indisputable fact. Even Whitmer knows that...
Then why does it bring down cases every time we get done with it? The second we stopped the winter pause is when the numbers crept up. If you shut down sports, indoor groups eating, schools and other gatherings, you cut off the avenues for the virus to spread. I know you took stats in college. This isn't hard.
People need to get vaccinated or otherwise get antibodies. Gretchen Whitmer has said as much. Closing everything down stops the antibodies piece. It also has immeasurable negative impacts across the board. In states that have chosen freedom, you're seeing rates of illness drastically plummeting. Greater than 98% of illnesses do not result in death, and there are indications than vaccination can eliminate residual post-covid symptoms.
If 1 of three infected people is experiencing neurological or psychological problems, that's enough for me to support lockdowns. I have two parents who refuse to avoid indoor dining. And yes, even though they have had their Pfizer and Moderna rounds, they are still at risk, especially being elderly during a spike. My dad has had a quad bypass, and my mother has dealt with cancer and nasty rheumatic arthritis. So, government does have a place here. And shame on Whitmer for caving.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:59 pm

Whitmer hasn't caved. She's finally doing the right thing. Quite a sea change days after her preferred candidate was inaugurated. She did fail to secure more vaccines though. Also, there is evidence that vaccination takes care of residual issues. It's long past time to stop with the constant fear.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:20 am

Sadly from everything I have read this isn't going away for good. Hopefully they are wrong about that, but it appears we will have to live with some form of Covid-19 like the flu for example. Can't live in fear or a box for ever. Protect yourself the best you can and live!

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:38 pm

A restaurant group president in Michigan says only 0.3 COVID has been linked at restaurants which is very low for indoor dining which shouldn't be banned which Bitchmer has no right to shut down which restaurant owners should sue the state if she does it, I know if I owned a restaurant I wouldn't follow the rules and give Bitchmer the big F you to her. I read it on Yahoo and I believe the restaurant president data than Bitchmer who don't know data and cooks it up to keep fear going and doesn't know what freedom is she can't tell me what I can or can't do it's a personal choice now. No more lockdowns she will get push back this time around which is a good thing as a lot in the state is fed up and has had enough.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:23 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:59 pm
Whitmer hasn't caved. She's finally doing the right thing. Quite a sea change days after her preferred candidate was inaugurated. She did fail to secure more vaccines though. Also, there is evidence that vaccination takes care of residual issues. It's long past time to stop with the constant fear.
A major difference between now and the fall surge: Close to 2 million people are fully vaccinated in Michigan and at least another million (if not more) are partially vaccinated. I'd expect the surge to level off in the next week or two (the increase between last week and this week looks to be lower than from 2 weeks ago to last week) and then I'd expect case numbers to drop fairly fast.

One silver lining is that this might be encouraging more people to sign up for vaccine slots.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:57 pm

Bidengirl wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:52 pm
So, Michigan had the highest restrictions and Michigan has the highest outbreak.

Makes sense.

Then, Whitmer's COO is caught partying in Florida against the governor's wishes.

You're all being played as fools.

Live your life. Don't let the rules of others define you or set your standards.

These politicians aren't following the science. They're making up arbitrary rules as they go. Don't obey their rules. Not even they do.
The March towards word counting begins.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:47 pm

Bidengirl wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:59 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:57 pm
Bidengirl wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:52 pm
So, Michigan had the highest restrictions and Michigan has the highest outbreak.

Makes sense.

Then, Whitmer's COO is caught partying in Florida against the governor's wishes.

You're all being played as fools.

Live your life. Don't let the rules of others define you or set your standards.

These politicians aren't following the science. They're making up arbitrary rules as they go. Don't obey their rules. Not even they do.
The March towards word counting begins.
Your use of "march" should not be capitalized.

And let's try to stay on topic, please.

The fact is, government restrictions have not resulted in fewer COVID cases, example: Michigan.
The march continues unabated. Pushed along through incompetence, joblessness, loneliness. It’s sad.

kager

Post by kager » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:47 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:59 pm
Whitmer hasn't caved. She's finally doing the right thing. [snip] It's long past time to stop with the constant fear.
Agreed. Good to see that many recent spewings are recommendations sted of mandates.

One could almost conclude Gov Ms Joker has evolved, though it is getting dangerously close to her having to shift into full candidate mode again.

It is likely more a calculated political decision than display of learning, but we'll take it over the many one-size-fits-all ____ we've endured over the past 12 months.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:15 am

Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:42 pm
If 1 of three infected people is experiencing neurological or psychological problems, that's enough for me to support lockdowns. I have two parents who refuse to avoid indoor dining. And yes, even though they have had their Pfizer and Moderna rounds, they are still at risk, especially being elderly during a spike. My dad has had a quad bypass, and my mother has dealt with cancer and nasty rheumatic arthritis. So, government does have a place here. And shame on Whitmer for caving.
So why are we even bothering to get vaccinated if that's the case?

So far out of 17 million people vaccinated in the state, 249 cases have been reported post-vaccination. Assuming those numbers are accurate, it works out to 1 in 68,273. I understand it's different when you have concern for yourself of someone close to you, but honestly there is likely a bigger chance of being seriously injured or killed in a car accident. I'm not saying be irresponsible, but there comes a point where you have to weigh the risk and decide what is acceptable for you. There is no such thing as 100% safety in this life. We can either choose to live life with its inherent risks, or we can hole up in an underground fallout shelter and hope we have enough pork & beans to make it through the apocalypse.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

kager

Post by kager » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:12 pm

We'll see what colors are on display @ 3pm today...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:42 pm

kager wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:12 pm
Your guess is as good as anybody’s.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:29 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:42 pm
kager wrote:
I'm guessing she'll double down on the vaccine strategy. I suspect that she might even rail against the Biden Administration's lack of responsiveness. In related news, Hertel was recently in Gulf Shores, AL.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:40 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:29 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:42 pm
kager wrote:
I'm guessing she'll double down on the vaccine strategy. I suspect that she might even rail against the Biden Administration's lack of responsiveness. In related news, Hertel was recently in Gulf Shores, AL.
I just caught part of the q&a - it seems like she's increasingly suggesting that she thought some of the decisions were correct in the moment, but she's now acknowledging that a more nuanced plan would have been helpful. Better late than never...

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:53 pm

Horrible. I won’t campaign for her next year if she continues to make bad decisions. She may still get my vote, but I may think twice if Candice Miller ran.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:15 pm

Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:53 pm
Horrible. I won’t campaign for her next year if she continues to make bad decisions. She may still get my vote, but I may think twice if Candice Miller ran.
She stopped making bad decisions when she fired Robert Gordon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic