Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rollback on restrictions isn't working

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Rollback on restrictions isn't working

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:56 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:40 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:20 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:04 pm
Florida and Texas can do outdoor dining, and we can't most of the spring. Makes a big difference.
How many times do you have to hear: Restaurants. Are. Not. The. Problem.

The problem, as even Whitmer is now subtly admitting, is the fact that we had a first shutdown that went too long AND the fact that we even had a second shutdown.
Perhaps you haven't noticed that she hasn't shut restaurants down. But let's not even try because it seems that most of the people I know who are dying were Trump voters. Four in the last 10 days.

You want to be an advocate for reckless behavior? Be sure you understand the consequences.
Uh... can you read? I clearly stated that she seems to be done with bullshit shutdowns. She's talked a lot about how not enough people have antibodies due to past shutdowns. She's also saying that all restrictions will likely be removed by summer, presumably in time for her husband to have the boat in prior to Memorial Day.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:36 pm

I heard her comment about lack of people with antibodies being part of the problem. That is a rather striking admission if you ask me. She's basically saying that because not enough people got sick during the first 2 waves, we're now having a 3rd wave. Pretty sure I warned over a year ago about this being a potential problem. So for all of the economic damage and emotional distress she has wreaked upon the state of Michigan and its residents (the impacts which will be felt for many years from now), it did literally nothing to slow down Covid - and in fact, if anything, just prolonged it unnecessarily. Pretty sure I also said that like 9 months ago in here: that there is nothing the government can do to slow it down.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:33 am

At this point Covid Fatigue will render any attempt at lock downs useless. In general people are tired of it all, they want this lives back and will take whatever chances they have to in order to do that.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:48 am

Not sure “anything” but I would agree that people are tired of it and don’t want to be dictated to any longer.

She is an elected governor and not medical expert.

She may have experts at her beck and call.... but.... give us the ideas and let us decide what we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:04 am

RayQix wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:48 am
Not sure “anything” but I would agree that people are tired of it and don’t want to be dictated to any longer.

She is an elected governor and not medical expert.

She may have experts at her beck and call.... but.... give us the ideas and let us decide what we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That has been the point for awhile, we want our elected leaders to consider ALL aspects of decisions and NOT be held hostage by SOME health experts. You might be saying what I'm saying with that last sentence. We are being lied to by national health officials like Fraudulent Fauci, and it's time to let people make their own choices.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:39 am

From our newsroom

"Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer is urging a two week suspension of in-person high school classes, all youth sports and indoor restaurant dining to address a surge of coronavirus cases and hospitalizations.
She stopped short of ordering restrictions Friday, instead asking for voluntary compliance."

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:44 am

zzand wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:39 am
From our newsroom

"Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer is urging a two week suspension of in-person high school classes, all youth sports and indoor restaurant dining to address a surge of coronavirus cases and hospitalizations.
She stopped short of ordering restrictions Friday, instead asking for voluntary compliance."
She gave into pressure OR she doesn't want to own up to her past actions causing this surge. She again mentioned that not enough people have antibodies. She's stated that the illnesses are less severe, the mortality rate is way lower, and it is mostly younger people.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:25 pm

Will the Queen go off on Biden like she did with Trump when getting denied covid federal items?

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 157485002/

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:07 pm

Our Canadian neighbors are doing a shut down similar to March 2020. While I wouldn't go that far, it is high time we close the schools and restaurants(unless they can do outdoor seating).

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:11 pm

Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:07 pm
Our Canadian neighbors are doing a shut down similar to March 2020. While I wouldn't go that far, it is high time we close the schools and restaurants(unless they can do outdoor seating).
Why do you desperately want to prolong this shit?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:16 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:11 pm
I am high risk as are many people I know. Have a total of 6 friends that got sick just in the last week. How much longer do you want this shit to go on? Our case numbers are about the same as they were in December. We still have 1/3 of all who are newly infected experiencing neurological or psychological problems. Long haul COVID is real.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:27 pm

Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:16 pm
Matt wrote:
I am high risk as are many people I know. Have a total of 6 friends that got sick just in the last week. How much longer do you want this shit to go on? Our case numbers are about the same as they were in December. We still have 1/3 of all who are newly infected experiencing neurological or psychological problems. Long haul COVID is real.
Closing shit down has made things worse. That is an indisputable fact. Even Whitmer knows that...

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:31 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:27 pm
Matt wrote:
Closing shit down has made things worse. That is an indisputable fact. Even Whitmer knows that...
Then why does it bring down cases every time we get done with it? The second we stopped the winter pause is when the numbers crept up. If you shut down sports, indoor groups eating, schools and other gatherings, you cut off the avenues for the virus to spread. I know you took stats in college. This isn't hard.

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:10 pm

Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:31 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:27 pm
Matt wrote:
Then why does it bring down cases every time we get done with it? The second we stopped the winter pause is when the numbers crept up. If you shut down sports, indoor groups eating, schools and other gatherings, you cut off the avenues for the virus to spread. I know you took stats in college. This isn't hard.
People need to get vaccinated or otherwise get antibodies. Gretchen Whitmer has said as much. Closing everything down stops the antibodies piece. It also has immeasurable negative impacts across the board. In states that have chosen freedom, you're seeing rates of illness drastically plummeting. Greater than 98% of illnesses do not result in death, and there are indications than vaccination can eliminate residual post-covid symptoms.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:40 pm

Shutdowns give false readings. Yes the numbers go down because people are not moving around as much, lift the restrictions and numbers go right back up. The only way to get them down and to keep them down is to keep things open, and people do the right thing, masks, distancing, testing, vaccines and herd immunity. Unless you want to spend years in restricted movement while the rest of the country gets back to normal.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic