Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rollback on restrictions isn't working

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Rollback on restrictions isn't working

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:30 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:28 am
So you're saying that you're for tightening up covid restrictions so less people end up in the hospital?

This issue has just as much to do with young people not being socially distanced and the bars and businesses that facilitate spread.
No, I didn't say that. I'm for people getting vaccinated. Why are you still here?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:33 am

zzand wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:39 am
Every time I have been tested I have never been asked my political party. I was just given the normal we are going to touch your brain, lol, instructions. I know just as many Democrats who are Covid deniers as I do Republicans who are. The biggest denier I know, a democrat, says there hasn't been a single illness or death and those who claim to have had it are being paid to say that and those who die from it are simply paid to relocate. He belongs to your party and you can have him. To wish death on those who support someone you don't like is a mental illness, plain and simple.
So you don't feel that the medical industry is pretty frustrated about how we as a society are handling a virus that could be much more easily controlled?

My friend doesn't have mental illness my friend is burned out. He should be rotated to a different ward but the hospital resources are being stretched, and as a respiratory therapist, there's just not a lot of other people to do the job.

I can pm you his email so you can tell him to fuck off personally, but I think if you actually talk to the guy you'd see his perspective. The thing is, you're not the type of person he's frustrated with so you would probably end up agreeing. As for Republican versus Democrat the data simply doesn't support your anecdotal perspectives.
President Biden on Tuesday called for governors to open coronavirus vaccinations to all adults within the next two weeks, speeding up a target he had previously set for May 1.

But recent polls and political tides, particularly in red states, suggest that if the country is to reach herd immunity, simply making the vaccine available may not be enough. A sizable minority of skeptics remain wary of being vaccinated, polls suggest, with questions about the vaccine’s safety lying at the heart of their doubt.
NY Times

You don't think Trump's relentless attacks on Fauci had anything to do with where we are right now?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:39 am

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:29 am
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:07 am
Actually ZZ, it was meant to provoke people. However, it was said to me by a hospital worker who has been in the covid ward for 13 months. To paraphrase "When this started, I worked 50 days straight because we didn't want people to die or have permanent health iseues. But today, anyone who wants the vaccine has received it. We have walk up vaccination clinics with no waiting. "

"I am starting to look at covid patients like people who injure themselves in drunk driving accidents. We aren't as sympathetic to people who have self inflected injuries like this. It is no longer an accidental infection. And they're all Trumpers, like this is some political statement. I'm getting to the point somedays when I looked at them in isolation, and I have to suit up with ppe and think let's see if you die today you trumper shit for brains"

So yeah it's taken out of context it's extremely harsh. But I think attitudes are changing about people who are in their thirties and forties do not want the vaccination for reasons they choose not to explain.

I am personally disappointed that Whitmer has not worked with her health department to re-implement restrictions. It's incredibly irresponsible and a slap in the face to healthcare workers. More than a handful of people who post here I think everything is fine. You have been a staunch supporter of safety since day one.
That’s a lie about the walk up vaccine. There is none. Called the Michigan covid state help phone number twice to get to different people and they confirm there are no walk up vaccines. They want to gather all your Info and show ID to get the vaccine and commit to a specific time to get the vaccine. So technically the state of Michigan and democrats are creating a vaccine suppression for the citizens
Find your local vaccine hunter page on Facebook. There are doses available but these wait list programs aren't very efficient in finding last minute appointments.

If you are sincerely having trouble finding an appointment private message me I will give you a link on how to find available appointments.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:42 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:39 am
SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:29 am
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:07 am
Actually ZZ, it was meant to provoke people. However, it was said to me by a hospital worker who has been in the covid ward for 13 months. To paraphrase "When this started, I worked 50 days straight because we didn't want people to die or have permanent health iseues. But today, anyone who wants the vaccine has received it. We have walk up vaccination clinics with no waiting. "

"I am starting to look at covid patients like people who injure themselves in drunk driving accidents. We aren't as sympathetic to people who have self inflected injuries like this. It is no longer an accidental infection. And they're all Trumpers, like this is some political statement. I'm getting to the point somedays when I looked at them in isolation, and I have to suit up with ppe and think let's see if you die today you trumper shit for brains"

So yeah it's taken out of context it's extremely harsh. But I think attitudes are changing about people who are in their thirties and forties do not want the vaccination for reasons they choose not to explain.

I am personally disappointed that Whitmer has not worked with her health department to re-implement restrictions. It's incredibly irresponsible and a slap in the face to healthcare workers. More than a handful of people who post here I think everything is fine. You have been a staunch supporter of safety since day one.
That’s a lie about the walk up vaccine. There is none. Called the Michigan covid state help phone number twice to get to different people and they confirm there are no walk up vaccines. They want to gather all your Info and show ID to get the vaccine and commit to a specific time to get the vaccine. So technically the state of Michigan and democrats are creating a vaccine suppression for the citizens
Find your local vaccine hunter page on Facebook. There are doses available but these wait list programs aren't very efficient in finding last minute appointments.

If you are sincerely having trouble finding an appointment private message me I will give you a link on how to find available appointments.
I think he's referring to the ability to receive a vaccine without a pre-scheduled appointment or proof of identification. I'm unaware of any sites where you can walk in or drive up without scheduling an appointment in advance.

Some providers work better than others. I went through Sparrow Health System and was able to schedule my first shot the next day. Signed up in the Meijer queue a month before that. They didn't notify me of an open slot until after I received my second dose from Sparrow. They're using the former Lansing Sears automotive bays in Frandor for vaccinations and testing. Don't believe you need an appointment for a test, but you definitely need one to get the vaccine.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:25 am

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but here we have daily walk in clinics statewide where you can walk in and get your Covid vaccine. These don't exist in Michigan? Some of the ones here are pop ups and some are daily, 7 days a week and testing is also 7 days a week. You can also go online and make an appointment which is how I did it, but there are places statewide where no appointment is needed. Kroger and Mejier come to mind where you can just go in and get it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:48 am

zzand wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:25 am
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but here we have daily walk in clinics statewide where you can walk in and get your Covid vaccine. These don't exist in Michigan? Some of the ones here are pop ups and some are daily, 7 days a week and testing is also 7 days a week. You can also go online and make an appointment which is how I did it, but there are places statewide where no appointment is needed. Kroger and Mejier come to mind where you can just go in and get it.
Here in Michigan for Kroger and Meijer and any other retailer you need an appointment. Same as local government sites and medical facilities.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:50 am

Thank you sir

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:58 am

zzand wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:50 am
Thank you sir
You’re welcome.

It would be interesting to find out if they are doing that to control the supply so there isn’t a run on it and if your state allows walk ups because they have a better handle on the supply or less demand.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:09 pm

We have walk-up clinics in Grand Traverse County 4 to 5 days a week.

The issue that I see is that each county is responsible for their own response. In Indiana it seems like it is a coordinated effort from the State Health Department.

So it could be a problem in one part of the state and not elsewhere, but there are advocate groups that you can call and get a vaccination quickly.

Michigan is currently at 17.5 percent. It is ridiculous that people insist high traffic businesses need to stay open.

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:20 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:09 pm
We have walk-up clinics in Grand Traverse County 4 to 5 days a week.

The issue that I see is that each county is responsible for their own response. In Indiana it seems like it is a coordinated effort from the State Health Department.

So it could be a problem in one part of the state and not elsewhere, but there are advocate groups that you can call and get a vaccination quickly.

Michigan is currently at 17.5 percent. It is ridiculous that people insist high traffic businesses need to stay open.
It's not your call, dickhead. Delete your account.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:50 pm

Indiana has had a good plan from day 1 of this mess. We are proud to report 98 percent of those who have had Covid are recovered and going on with their lives. Interesting thing is that this is by and large a Republican state with a Republican Governor but he has not taken the normal approach. We have had an aggressive campaign to get shots in arms, they are spending money on radio and TV to get the message out and it seems to be working. The Indy Speedway is holding vaccine clinics where they are jabbing 6000 a day and statewide there seems to be only small pockets of people who won't take the vaccine. We went from mask mandate to mask advisory and we see more people in masks now than when it was a mandate. State residents want their county fairs back, want to be able to attend high school and pro sports and want live concerts back and are taking the steps necessary to do so. I don't think it is so much a surplus of vaccine as it is just shipped to the 92 counties in an intelligent manner and people are lining up with sleeves rolled up so we can get our lives back.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:51 pm

TC Talks wrote:
I think you need to update your numbers. 28% completion of doses as of 4/15.

https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0, ... --,00.html

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:14 pm

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:51 pm
TC Talks wrote:

That's our infection rate, and it's now 18.3%

But we have this...

― Noam Chomsky

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:22 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:14 pm
Calvert DeForest wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:51 pm
TC Talks wrote:

That's our infection rate, and it's now 18.3%
Sorry. Misunderstood what you were quoting.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic