Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan has nation's 2nd highest surge in COVID

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Michigan has nation's 2nd highest surge in COVID

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:41 pm

But thank God that the Ann Arbor bars and restaurants are open...

https://www.freep.com/story/news/health ... 986599002/

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Re: Michigan has nation's 2nd highest surge in COVID

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:31 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:41 pm

This has NOTHING to do with bars and restaurants that should have never been closed the second time.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:07 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:31 pm

This has NOTHING to do with bars and restaurants that should have never been closed the second time.
I give it a week before they restrict again.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:36 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:31 pm

5200 new cases today. How many fucking cases does it take for you to wake up? How many more people have to die?

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:45 pm

You seem to have a fixation on restaurants and bars despite the actual data not supporting that. When are you going to wake up?

Wellllll... la de frickin da

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:00 pm

I have said the schools before as well. I mentioned bars and restaurants because Matt isn't school age.

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:38 pm

Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:00 pm
I have said the schools before as well. I mentioned bars and restaurants because Matt isn't school age.
Bars and restaurants are not a problem. They never have been. It's a crime they were closed as long as they were.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:13 pm

Personally felt that the age groups who should have gotten vaccines first are 10-18 and 18-45.

It’s been said that these age groups are the most at risk for spreading. That should put at the top of the list since they are the most active and could help stop spreading covid19.

No disrespected to the elders, but not too many go to work,school or involved in activities.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:58 pm

At this point, everyone knows the risk no more closing down as lockdowns didn't work shouldn't have done lockdowns last year only for those that are the highest risk or those that were scared and fear of getting COVID to stay home. Even the WHO has said lockdowns didn't work and once lockdowns end spikes happen the risk is there deal with it I'm so over it there is light at the end of the tunnel with the vaccines.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:48 pm

MasterB wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:58 pm
At this point, everyone knows the risk no more closing down as lockdowns didn't work shouldn't have done lockdowns last year only for those that are the highest risk or those that were scared and fear of getting COVID to stay home. Even the WHO has said lockdowns didn't work and once lockdowns end spikes happen the risk is there deal with it I'm so over it there is light at the end of the tunnel with the vaccines.
Your idiocy is showing. As soon as the last pause ended, our numbers shot up. Same with the last two shutdowns. It's very clear. Anyone who doesn't get it probably has their head up Trump's ass.

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:52 pm

Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:48 pm
MasterB wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:58 pm
Your idiocy is showing. As soon as the last pause ended, our numbers shot up. Same with the last two shutdowns. It's very clear. Anyone who doesn't get it probably has their head up Trump's ass.
Wrong again. Numbers were good all throughout February. This isn't happening in restaurants and bars - it never was. Feel free to lock yourself in your condo for the next 20 years if you are that scared.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:50 am

So instead of telling us why the spread isn't happening, why are we seeing such an increase?

Please give us the science that supports your belief.

you say no a lot but you don't actually say anything about limiting the spread.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:12 pm

From my friend who has a junior higher in the Utica School district:
just got the call from the school.

Quarantine till April 2nd. Exposed on the bus, cause people where I live think its all a joke. Thanks for that, my asthmatic will enjoy spending the next week in her room.
How much longer does this continue to be a joke to Repubs?

By the way, Matt, I get my shot on Tuesday. Once April 6th rolls around, I will start venturing out again. But anyone would be completely justified if they did lock themselves in their home. There are seniors who still haven't gotten vaccinated that have lived that way a full year.

Also, just found out my friend who works at a hotel got it. I am sure it was from mask hole trying to exert his "rights". I am fucking done arguing with you people.

Audacity sucks.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:04 pm

Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:12 pm
From my friend who has a junior higher in the Utica School district:
just got the call from the school.

Quarantine till April 2nd. Exposed on the bus, cause people where I live think its all a joke. Thanks for that, my asthmatic will enjoy spending the next week in her room.
How much longer does this continue to be a joke to Repubs?

By the way, Matt, I get my shot on Tuesday. Once April 6th rolls around, I will start venturing out again. But anyone would be completely justified if they did lock themselves in their home. There are seniors who still haven't gotten vaccinated that have lived that way a full year.

Also, just found out my friend who works at a hotel got it. I am sure it was from mask hole trying to exert his "rights". I am fucking done arguing with you people.
You've devolved into a complete asshole.

People are sending their kids to school because they want them to learn, because they don't want them home on the computer, and about 1000 other legitimate reasons that nothing to do with their political leanings one way or the other.

COVID is a sudden onset item. Mom checked little Susie before she left the house. There was no fever and no other symptoms. By the time she got home from school, she had symptoms... but being a kid that was away from her mom for 7 hours that day, there was no way for an adult to know that. When she rode the bus home, it was her and 50 of her schoolmates and one bus driver. Being kids, they talked and goofed around a bit. Her mask slipped below her nose a few times. None of this was because the parents are Republicans or Democrats. It's life in an awful pandemic where people are trying to do their best for their kids.

The next morning, mom (who has never voted for a Republican in her life) did another self-check on Susie and discovered a fever and noticed a runny nose. She kept her home, called the school and notified them. Then took Susie to CVS for a COVID test. The county health department was notified and the school did contract tracing, and yes ... other kids were put in quarantine.

I'd argue that very few think of this as a joke and are doing the right things. It's the hardest thing EVER to decide what the right thing to do is. School is important. COVID is important.

Stop being so lazy in your thoughts and get your head out of your liberal ass. Turn off MSNBC. Join the real world where there is a million shades of gray and not everything that happens is because of your blatant biases.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:37 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:50 am
So instead of telling us why the spread isn't happening, why are we seeing such an increase?

Please give us the science that supports your belief.

you say no a lot but you don't actually say anything about limiting the spread.
https://www.bridgemi.com/talent-educati ... -outbreaks

https://www.michiganradio.org/post/covi ... an-schools

https://www.bakersfield.com/ap/national ... 7d2ab.html

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic