Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

This Judge Needs Their Head Examined

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

This Judge Needs Their Head Examined

Post by Bryce » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:39 pm

I will link to the article I gleaned this information from at the end of my missive. Here's the Reader's Digest version...

On November 21st, Joshua McCormick was in a traffic accident. During an argument with the other driver, he pulled out a gun and shot the driver. He has been charged with assault with intent to murder, unlawful driving away of an automobile and two counts of felony firearm.

On March 12th, DPD officers spotted two young men, one of which was Mccormick, standing on a street corner, one holding a pistol. When the pair spotted the officer's, they jumped into a car and took off. When officers followed, they jumped out of the vehicle and one of them pointed a pistol at the officers. They jumped back into the vehicle and a high speed pursuit reaching speeds over 100 MPH ensued. It ended when the vehicle crashed into a DPD cruiser. A 9mm Glock with a 30 round custom magazine was found in the car. As you can imagine, the pair was arrested

Here's the thing, Joshua McCormick was released with a $2,000 personal bond for this latest arrest as part of new "bail reform." The Judge said, "You shouldn't be in jail just because you're poor."

How about you should be in jail when you shoot somebody and point a Glock at a police officer?

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 780452001/

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: This Judge Needs Their Head Examined

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:42 pm

Very poor interpretation of the new law. The law was designed for non violent offenses. This clearly had violent intent.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:18 am

A magistrate has no business handling a case like this. None.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:27 am

The liberals on here want to eliminate Qualified Immunity for cops and other folks... Why don't they start with judges??

Seems like if judges had to face ramifications for their actions some things could get fixed rather quickly.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:56 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:27 am
The liberals on here want to eliminate Qualified Immunity for cops and other folks... Why don't they start with judges??

Seems like if judges had to face ramifications for their actions some things could get fixed rather quickly.
No argument here. Let everyone be accountable for their actions. Demand better.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:12 am

#1 - I'm no liberal.
#2 - Cops lie in police reports and on the witness stand frequently.
#3 - The magistrate in this case should be fired immediately.
#4 - I 100% support rollbacks of Qualified Immunity for ALL governmental employees, including judges and cops. Outright removal of Q.I. is probably a bridge too far, but the protection they receive today is far too broad.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic