Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dana "Dereliction of Duty" Nessel won't investigate Whitmer

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Dana "Dereliction of Duty" Nessel won't investigate Whitmer

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:40 pm

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 707958001/
Nessel wrote Monday that Runestad had raised "concerns regarding the accuracy of data reported by the governor’s administration" but hadn't provided "specific allegations of wrongdoing."
It's shocking that she won't even look into the records that Charlie LeDuff is suing for. Thus proves she 1) is nothing more than a political hack (nice job charging the former governor of another party in the wrong venue), or 2) she knows she would uncover wrongdoing.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Re: Dana "Dereliction of Duty" Nessel won't investigate Whitmer

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:53 pm

How many different investigations did William Barr decide to open up against Donald Trump?

I don't remember you being outraged about that Matt but I certainly was.

Whitmer is not using government police forces against our citizens of color and peaceful protesters.
Witmer is not trying to channel federal dollars to her family's businesses
Whitmer is not working with organized hate groups to start insurrection.

So ratchet down a few notches because no one's buying it. If something was in fact going on that was illegal with nursing homes it's going to come out.

The bigger question is when will our state lawmakers repeal shield laws for all branches of Michigan government? I would support that even if it embarrassed whitner.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:09 pm

Trump isn't president anymore. The what aboutism is strong with you.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:21 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:09 pm
Glad we can hang up any hard feelings and intentions to investigate alleged crimes at the door. Whitmer will thank you for this line of thinking win or lose in 22 or 26. You’ll surely agree it’s a moot point when she’s out of office.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:31 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:21 pm
Matt wrote:
Glad we can hang up any hard feelings and intentions to investigate alleged crimes at the door. Whitmer will thank you for this line of thinking win or lose in 22 or 26. You’ll surely agree it’s a moot point when she’s out of office.
When Gretchen Whitmer is gone, I'll be thankful and let the past rest.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:28 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:31 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Is the Governor limited to two terms here?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:33 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:28 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Yes, since term limits passed in 94. Engler's 94 reelection counted as his first election under the new limits.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:39 pm

Matt wrote:
it's more like quit your whining she's governor, deal with it. When are the Republicans going to repeal shield laws against themselves and the governor? That would be a Simple Solution but they would be also open for scrutiny.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:10 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:33 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Yes, since term limits passed in 94. Engler's 94 reelection counted as his first election under the new limits.
First of 2 I take it. So Gretchen can be re-elected in 22 or take a stab in 26 if not.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:27 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:10 am
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
First of 2 I take it. So Gretchen can be re-elected in 22 or take a stab in 26 if not.
Correct. And I think more people are happy with her than have let on. She couldn't just throw sick seniors in the street, so they had to go somewhere. All I hear from Repubelicans is bitching with no solutions. Snyder would have killed half of Detroit.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:10 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:27 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:10 am
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Correct. And I think more people are happy with her than have let on. She couldn't just throw sick seniors in the street, so they had to go somewhere. All I hear from Repubelicans is bitching with no solutions. Snyder would have killed half of Detroit.
Snyder SAVED Detroit.

Why in the hell would you think people are happy with her but they are hiding it? Do you talk to people? I think her numbers are inflated and that people generally think she's terrible.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:25 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:39 pm
Matt wrote:
it's more like quit your whining she's governor, deal with it. When are the Republicans going to repeal shield laws against themselves and the governor? That would be a Simple Solution but they would be also open for scrutiny.
Just like you NEVER whined about Trump when he was president? Come on, get out of here with that weak shit. There's also a difference between whining and pointing out failings.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:27 am

When will the Republicans repeal the shield laws? Wouldn't that make resolving this issue much easier?

What are they hiding?

The Republicans have made this the darkest political state in the country, and that's what you are frustrated about.
Last edited by TC Talks on Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:28 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:27 am
When will the Republicans repeal the shield laws? Wouldn't that make resolving this issue much easier?

What are they hiding?
They're working on bills this week.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:30 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:28 am
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:27 am

What are they hiding?
They're working on bills this week.
if the bill doesn't put daylight into the legislature it's crap. Nobody's going to put up with Republicans protecting themselves but allowing scrutiny for everyone else.

I support this kind of legislation even if it makes the governor look bad. The state has had too many protections for its elected officials for too long.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic