Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Idiotic State Legislature Proposes Bars Open to 4 AM

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Idiotic State Legislature Proposes Bars Open to 4 AM

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:51 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:13 am
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:52 pm
Those are all need war stories Bryce.

Tell me why we don't need gun control? You cite a ridiculous answer compared to what the data is telling us.
Which ridiculous answer are you referring too? The suicide rate? The murder rate by convicted felons? THAT my friend is exact data.

"Gun Control" is a pretty broad statement. I would submit we already have many controls in place when it comes to firearms. One control that is currently in place is prohibiting convicted felons from possessing a firearm. How's that working out?
Here’s a gun control... remove all the triggers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:43 pm

And all those deaths caused by guns. Sounds like a need for reform. Drunk drivers are just like people with guns in their hand.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:22 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:43 pm
And all those deaths caused by guns. Sounds like a need for reform. Drunk drivers are just like people with guns in their hand.
And in the case of drunk drivers, we institute controls and laws aimed at the drivers, not the cars. Have we put Ignition interlock devices, which require the operator to do a breath test before the vehicle can be started, in every car? The technology to do so exists. It would seem to me that installing those devices in every vehicle would vastly reduce the number of drunk driving incidents.

This past week, the DPD has done a fine job of gun control.
From The Freep:
“I’ve never seen a week like last week,” Craig said.

The Detroit Police Department seized 110 handguns and 20 long guns last week and made 70 concealed carry weapon arrests.
110 handguns, 20 long guns...

Which is exactly 130 more guns than were found and seized during the so called "violent attack" on the U.S. Capitol. Yet, thousands of National Guard Troops have been in place at the Capitol and according to reports will be staying until May.

Could those troops maybe be more effective and save more lives if deployed to Detroit?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:26 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:51 am
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Tell me why we don't need gun control? You cite a ridiculous answer compared to what the data is telling us.
Which ridiculous answer are you referring too? The suicide rate? The murder rate by convicted felons? THAT my friend is exact data.

"Gun Control" is a pretty broad statement. I would submit we already have many controls in place when it comes to firearms. One control that is currently in place is prohibiting convicted felons from possessing a firearm. How's that working out?
TCT says something similar in a panicked fashion when he sees diversity in his area.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:27 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:26 am

TCT says something similar in a panicked fashion when he sees diversity in his area.
:rollin :rollin :rollin

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:28 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:26 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:51 am
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Thank god I wasn’t trying to read and drink at the same time.... :rollin :rollin :rollin

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:11 pm

Somewhere not too long ago I saw information that showed bars and restaurants were only related to a portion of drunk driving incidents. Not sure where that was from, and I just did a little poking around to see if I could find it, but no luck yet.

I did run across this article.
https://www.9and10news.com/2021/02/25/a ... -closures/

Regarding the sales at an individual store, it says " last year the store saw a 78 percent increase in alcohol sales". I wonder if that's similar to other stores around the state. Since most bars and restaurants were closed a significant percentage of last year, it would seem like any drunk driving issues were have to have originated elsewhere. Later in the article it states that drunk driving had a "3 percent increase in northern Michigan verses the 5 percent decrease throughout the state". If the bars and restaurants were a big contributor, don't you think that we would have seen a much larger decrease than just 5 percent if they were closed most of the year?

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Wed May 05, 2021 7:00 pm

There were some restaurants that, before the pandemic, were open 24 hours a day. The Texan Restaurant chain (now closed) is one that I can think of. They support people on the 3rd shift and those doing night work. They served alcohol all 24 hours (or at least, seemed to do so when I was there late nights).

Our Lt. Governor is from the Detroit area, so it seems that he expects that what is happening in Detroit is happening all throughout the state. This is the furthest from the truth. The crowded bars at 2AM in Detroit will not occur in Keeweenaw. Yet the 3rd shift miners up north are not allowed to go to restaurants to get dinner.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic