Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan Republicans unraveling

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Michigan Republicans unraveling

Post by TC Talks » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:42 am

Certainly the relationship between the unwashed nutters and the elites within the state Republicans is not healthy.
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — There’s a civil war inside the Michigan Republican Party.

Laura Cox had planned to step down as chairwoman Saturday but now wants to keep the job a little longer while she accuses a possible successor of misconduct when he led the party in 2018.

Cox said Ron Weiser paid $200,000 in party money to get Stan Grot out of the race for secretary of state in 2018. She said she sent a complaint about the “arrogant billionaire” to the state Bureau of Elections.

Weiser, a businessman whose name is on Republican Party headquarters, said Grot earned the money through legitimate political work in Macomb County.

“I’m disappointed by Laura’s shameful attempt to destroy our party with unfounded and reckless conspiracy theories so that she can get back in the chair’s race and save her paycheck,” said Weiser, who is a member of the governing board at the University of Michigan.

Cox said she’s known about the payments since 2019 and had hoped Weiser would repay the party. She said she had feared “going public because it might tear the party apart.”

Michigan Republicans will consider making Weiser chairman again when they hold a convention Saturday. Cox now wants to be reelected but only serve until April 3 when a party committee could pick a successor.

“Laura Cox is desperate to hold on to her job and full of sour grapes. Shame on her,” Grot said on Facebook.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Michigan Republicans unraveling

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:11 pm

All I know is Republicans fared poorer than usual in various places across the state this fall. Is Cox to partially blame? I think she probably is.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:34 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:42 am
Certainly the relationship between the unwashed nutters and the elites within the state Republicans is not healthy.
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — There’s a civil war inside the Michigan Republican Party.

Laura Cox had planned to step down as chairwoman Saturday but now wants to keep the job a little longer while she accuses a possible successor of misconduct when he led the party in 2018.

Cox said Ron Weiser paid $200,000 in party money to get Stan Grot out of the race for secretary of state in 2018. She said she sent a complaint about the “arrogant billionaire” to the state Bureau of Elections.

Weiser, a businessman whose name is on Republican Party headquarters, said Grot earned the money through legitimate political work in Macomb County.

“I’m disappointed by Laura’s shameful attempt to destroy our party with unfounded and reckless conspiracy theories so that she can get back in the chair’s race and save her paycheck,” said Weiser, who is a member of the governing board at the University of Michigan.

Cox said she’s known about the payments since 2019 and had hoped Weiser would repay the party. She said she had feared “going public because it might tear the party apart.”

Michigan Republicans will consider making Weiser chairman again when they hold a convention Saturday. Cox now wants to be reelected but only serve until April 3 when a party committee could pick a successor.

“Laura Cox is desperate to hold on to her job and full of sour grapes. Shame on her,” Grot said on Facebook.
Stan Got is a moron and has been promoting nutters like the overt racists like Paul M Smith(no relation to Paul W) and Jazmine Early in Sterling Heights. My friend Nick Hawatmeh, who is a more moderate Republican, faced a challenger in 2014 for the 25th state rep. district for no reason because he wasn't conservative enough for Stan.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:17 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:42 am
"Because it might tear the party apart."

For all we know, she may have hit that right on the nose. As astutely noted by Gongwer's Zach Gorchow... https://twitter.com/ZachGorchow/status/ ... 9008016384
The Michigan Department of State, and possibly the Michigan Department of Attorney General if the SOS refers, might start combing through Michigan Republican Party finances to investigate these allegations.

Oh my.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:27 am

Most of these political party apparatus stooges are nothing more than a bunch of power hungry attention whores.

Many are failed candidates for political office.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:24 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:27 am
Most of these political party apparatus stooges are nothing more than a bunch of power hungry attention whores.

In other words, those that can't do...consult others.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:35 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:27 am

EXACTLY why I severed ties and quit working with and for the Michigan Republican Party.

Years ago, I was quite active. Even to the point of being a campaign chair for several high profile Republican candidates for statewide office. I witnessed what a sham it had become first hand. If you saw my nose, you would see I have a problem keeping my mouth shut. After a while, I saw the writing on the wall. As Trump did with SAG, I told them to stick it in their collective asses, quite loudly, at a fundraising dinner, before they had a chance to kick me out.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:00 am

Good for you! :)

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:14 am

Those are 99 percent RINOs you are talking about. The ones that are willing to agree to Leftist BS and even vote for it much of the time.They just run for office because it is a cushy job, great salary, great benefits, health insurance much better than the peasants/deplorables they rule over, vacations disguised as work, extra vacation days disguised as government only holidays, etc.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:29 am

Oh I hope that's the way things will go. It's those independent abandoned Republicans who are voting Democrat more and more.

And just wait, the gerrymandering in the districts in this state will soon be fixed.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:10 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:29 am
And just wait, the gerrymandering in the districts in this state will soon be fixed.
And replaced with new gerrymandered districts that the Left controls to its own advantage. Maybe the'll pass a law that districts can be in two or more parts, and put part of Detroit in with parts of Traverse City, Bloomfield Hills, and Grand Traverse County.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:18 pm

The key thing is to boot failed Gretchen Whitmer from office next year.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:21 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:18 pm
Don't see it happening.

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:25 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:21 pm
Matt wrote:
Don't see it happening.
It will be a cakewalk IF we get a good candidate. Whitmer is despised for her bullshit shutdowns.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:45 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:25 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:21 pm
Matt wrote:
Don't see it happening.
It will be a cakewalk IF we get a good candidate. Whitmer is despised for her bullshit shutdowns.
I wouldn’t exactly say despised. It would be close but she probably wins. The Republican bench is non-existent here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic