Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I Am Your Governor...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

I Am Your Governor...

Post by Bryce » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:18 am

Up front, this story was related to me by a person that has a relative that works at the Costco in Traverse City.

Costco, Traverse City, gets a phone call inquiring if they have a certain generator in stock. Customer is told they have one in stock. Customer asks for them to reserve it for her and she will be sending someone to pick it up. The customer is informed that they don't reserve items for customers. Caller say's, "I'm Gretchen Whitmer, I'm your Governor." Big Gretch is informed that store policy prevents them from doing that.

About an hour later the store receives a phone call from a District Manager in the Detroit area telling them to reserve it. They did, but told her she would have to pick it up in person to use her charge along with her membership card. They eventually made arrangements to meet her at the back door to complete the sale.

Can't verify if the story is factual because I got it second hand, but I'm inclined to believe it.

There's class difference on display right there. The ruling class and the rest of us.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Re: I Am Your Governor...

Post by TC Talks » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:33 am

Who cares?

If this is the worst "abuse of power" you can drum up, we are doing pretty good.... How could you possibly like Donald Trump if this kind of thing offends you? The Orange menace is living in an active code violation in Florida.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:38 am

My friend has a cousin once removed whose neighbor told him that she wanted them to throw in one of those rotisserie chickens at n/c too!
Last edited by Honeyman on Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The censorship king from out of state.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:57 am

This seems really suspect.

No one else in her circle has a Costco membership they could use to get the generator and just get paid back? I mean her hubby could do that undetected in these days of mask wearing.

But yeah... even if true ... who cares?

Wellllll... la de frickin da

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:54 pm

I used to work in retail. I have on many occasions received phone calls from customers pretending to be somebody else if they thought it would mean they would potentially receive special treatment. Even if this story is true as told, until I see the face of the person on the phone, I don't believe they are who they say they are.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:04 pm

Fake news from Bryce.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:35 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:04 pm
Fake news from Bryce.
Maybe I can get a job at CNN?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:44 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:35 pm
Fake news from Bryce.
FOX Not rated high enough for you?

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:19 pm

Considering her husband already tried that in the spring, and she doesn't strike me as particularly bright, I do believe this is likely a true story.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:45 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:44 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fake news from Bryce.
Nahh, it's just that I've never done network news before and figured I'd have to start at the bottom.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:28 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:45 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:44 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fake news from Bryce.
Nahh, it's just that I've never done network news before and figured I'd have to start at the bottom.
Ouch.. The top rated network is on the bottom. Guess nothing really changed then.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic