Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Restaurants closed

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
ftballfan

Re: Restaurants closed

Post by ftballfan » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:19 am

Most of the restaurants that have closed during the pandemic were likely struggling hard pre-pandemic and may have gone under even without the pandemic.

There will be some changes that remain post-pandemic:
- Many, if not most, fast food places will be permanently drive-thru only (if it hasn't been announced already; many of the exceptions would be those attached to gas stations/truck stops and along busy interstates)
- Many places that added outdoor seating will keep it
- Some restaurants will have fewer tables than pre-pandemic, even after all restrictions are lifted
- In 2022 (most restrictions should be lifted either in late 2021 or early 2022), take-out and delivery will constitute a much higher percentage of restaurant business than in 2019

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:44 am

ftballfan wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:19 am
Most of the restaurants that have closed during the pandemic were likely struggling hard pre-pandemic and may have gone under even without the pandemic.

There will be some changes that remain post-pandemic:
- Many, if not most, fast food places will be permanently drive-thru only (if it hasn't been announced already; many of the exceptions would be those attached to gas stations/truck stops and along busy interstates)
- Many places that added outdoor seating will keep it
- Some restaurants will have fewer tables than pre-pandemic, even after all restrictions are lifted
- In 2022 (most restrictions should be lifted either in late 2021 or early 2022), take-out and delivery will constitute a much higher percentage of restaurant business than in 2019
Where do you see evidence for fast food places being permanently drive through only?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:47 am

Chick-fil-A has suggested going drive through only has been very successful for them.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

kager

Post by kager » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:16 am

Meanwhile, Gretch the Great sneakily oozes another one-size-fits-all extension through her newly anointed health deflector... um, director.
GRAND TRAVERSE COUNTY, Mich., (WPBN/WGTU) -- The 25% capacity and 10 p.m. curfew for restaurants, bars and venues was supposed to expire this Sunday. but what people are slowly starting to find out, is that the restrictions have been extended through March 29.

This extension wasn't exactly advertised, at least not like some of the other orders have been announced.

But on the state's website, this extension was dated February 4.

Boone's Long Lake Inn Owner and Operator Nick Boudjalis said they only knew about the extension because he and his wife check the orders regularly to make sure they are staying compliant.

“I immediately reached out to the network that I work with and surprised to know that no one knew anything about it last Friday,” Boudjalis said. “And then even this Monday and Tuesday, still were unaware that there had been an extension to March 29”

Restaurants and other venues have been looking forward to the day they can open their doors, just a little bit more.

"An expansion to going back to 50% makes us a much better-operating machine and much more similar to what we are accustomed to as opposed to 25%,” Boudjalis said.

Like so many others, the industry has already made a lot of adjustments to comply with COVID-19 safety orders.

“We have an eco-lab solution that we use to sanitize everything that way we are killing any bacteria that may be on there, we do that each and every time before a new person touches the same thing,” X-Golf Head Teaching Professional Holden Price said.

Sanitation, 6-foot social distancing and contact tracing; most businesses have proven they can operate safely.

“When you see another month and a half extension, you lose your ever-loving mind because what you need is stability, what you need is a plan so you can make some decisions not sort of a fly-by-night secret plan to move another month and a half of 25% operations,” Michigan Restaurant and Lodging Association President and CEO Justin Winslow said.

The Michigan Restaurant and Lodging Association presented a plan to the state earlier this week.

"Ours ties occupancy to positive test case data,” Winslow said. “It exists already, it’s easy to understand, it’s updated daily so you can see trend lines. We also want to see more expedited vaccination in the industry. It is the only way to get back on your feet and get the public a sense of confidence that they can come back to dine and travel safely."

Winslow said since the pandemic, 3,000 restaurants have closed and 200,000 people no longer work in the industry.
https://upnorthlive.com/news/local/rest ... o-march-29

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:50 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:47 am
Chick-fil-A has suggested going drive through only has been very successful for them.
Chick-fil-A is designed with drive thru operations, many small dine in establishments do not , Whitmer is continuing to give the middle finger to Michigan restaurants, secretly extending the restrictions at 25% till the end of March, no data on why, no reason, or presser to explain her reasons for this. Why do you continue to worship someone who has an obvious political vendetta against a certain industry here in Michigan? She hides behind her appointed cronies in the MDHHS and doles out these severe restrictions like Halloween candy, and you support this?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:07 am

I supported closing the restaurants in November and I still think it was a good decision. But the data today is very promising. I would need to understand why the decision was made.

I will tell you this; very few restaurateurs understand percentages, at least of the places I've seen. The inpact might not be significant in practice.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Wed May 05, 2021 7:11 pm

Back to the original question: Let's name some restaurants that have closed recently; including chain restaurants.

I'll start.

- TGI Fridays, Hall and Schoenherr, Shelby Township;
- Big Boy, Euclid Avenue, Bay City;
- Cozy Cabin, Van Dyke, Sterling Heights (going to be a Red Crab in June);
- Ruby Tuesdays, Midland Mall, Midland (a new restaurant is there now);

Let's see you guys post some others.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu May 06, 2021 10:31 am

HUQE numbers of restaurants and bar and grills, and even ice cream stands, have developed Drive Thru windows, and outdoor dining areas, even igloo type structures to isolate smaller numbers and mitigation of Winter weather.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sat May 08, 2021 4:12 am

Ruby Tuesday in Midland, Michigan is Alex's Railside Restaurant in the Midland Mall (which was flooded out during the Dam on May 20 in the original Sanford, MI location).

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sat May 08, 2021 4:13 am

Also Lanny's Restaurant also was flooded out in Sanford on May 20 & moved to Midland, MI (which was Stacker's Grill BUT closed on March 20, 2020).

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 11, 2021 7:45 am

matt1 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:13 am
Also Lanny's Restaurant also was flooded out in Sanford on May 20 & moved to Midland, MI (which was Stacker's Grill BUT closed on March 20, 2020).
Incredible insight. Astounding.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 11, 2021 10:21 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:45 am
matt1 wrote:
It kills me how you let shit go from complete nut jobs and you single out this one.

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 11, 2021 10:22 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:21 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:45 am
matt1 wrote:
It kills me how you let shit go from complete nut jobs and you single out this one.
What are you talking about?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 11, 2021 10:23 am

I have no idea.

― Noam Chomsky

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu May 13, 2021 4:13 pm

matt1 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:12 am
Ruby Tuesday in Midland, Michigan is Alex's Railside Restaurant in the Midland Mall (which was flooded out during the Dam on May 20 in the original Sanford, MI location).
I saw a lot of the damage from that one YouTuber. Horrible. Any good recommendations for restaurants in mid Michigan?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic