Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Restaurants closed

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Restaurants closed

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:09 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:01 pm
That's an Unknown. The fines just keep racking up for the fool.
He's making money or else he wouldn't be open. The state took a chicken shit move by bringing suits in Ingham rather than Otsego and Houghton counties. The state is bullying Cafe Rosetta in Calumet too.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:17 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:09 pm
TC Talks wrote:
He's making money or else he wouldn't be open. The state took a chicken shit move by bringing suits in Ingham rather than Otsego and Houghton counties. The state is bullying Cafe Rosetta in Calumet too.
Good. You need to enforce rules or they become useless. Doesn't your county have a stay-at-home order right now?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:25 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:17 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:09 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Good. You need to enforce rules or they become useless. Doesn't your county have a stay-at-home order right now?
Nope. U-M has a stay home RECOMMENDATION for students, but all of the restaurants are preparing to open tomorrow. Yesterday there was a big protest advocating for opening schools. You can read all about it: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 277087001/

There were no rules being broken. Illegal, power-tripping orders should not be followed.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:40 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:51 am
Matt wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:27 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:36 pm
bmw wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:52 am
paul8539 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:48 pm
It has been reported that many restaurants in the state have been permanently closed because of Governor Whitmer's response to the virus. Does anybody have a list of these? Can you identify individual restaurants that have closed?

In the Detroit area, at least two Ruby Tuesday and two Logan's have closed permanently.
In the interest of factual accuracy, I fixed your question for you.
You know what's interesting? Restaurants are closing at a similar rate in states that allow dining. PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO CATCH COVID... Have you been to the IRON PIG in Gaylord yet? You should go and skip the mask...
Have an illnesses been attributed to the Iron Pig? No? Shut your mouth.
You absolutely don't know that. In my opinion based on the science of droplets, it's not a safe place to be and it is likely a super spread site, particularly at the bar.
Stay home "TC", stay in your basement, let the fear and paranoia told to you by your favorite political heroes flow through your blood, make sure you have much TP and Lysol in your basement, keep saying "Super Spreader" and contribute to the mass overhyped hysteria...again, stay home, stay scared....

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:02 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:40 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
bmw wrote:
paul8539 wrote:
It has been reported that many restaurants in the state have been permanently closed because of Governor Whitmer's response to the virus. Does anybody have a list of these? Can you identify individual restaurants that have closed?

In the Detroit area, at least two Ruby Tuesday and two Logan's have closed permanently.
You know what's interesting? Restaurants are closing at a similar rate in states that allow dining. PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO CATCH COVID... Have you been to the IRON PIG in Gaylord yet? You should go and skip the mask...
You absolutely don't know that. In my opinion based on the science of droplets, it's not a safe place to be and it is likely a super spread site, particularly at the bar.
Stay home "TC", stay in your basement, let the fear and paranoia told to you by your favorite political heroes flow through your blood, make sure you have much TP and Lysol in your basement, keep saying "Super Spreader" and contribute to the mass overhyped hysteria...again, stay home, stay scared....
No thanks idiot.... I am going to continue to support my Governor in these health directives to stop hospitals from being overwhelmed. Nice of you to stop by. Time to head back to the Detroit forum and argue about sports.

Matt, this doesn't concern you?
Meanwhile, hospitals such as Sparrow are reeling from the consequences of such decisions.

On any given day, the hospital typically has five to 10 ICU beds available — and 30 to 40 patients who need them.

Vierling has been forced to supplement his staff with 90 traveling nurses who work 12-hour shifts, five days a week and live in nearby long-term-stay hotels.

The hospital turned its break rooms into respite rooms after seeing caregivers, one after another, retreat to the rooms to weep. It added massage chairs to soothe and distract.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:39 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:02 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
bmw wrote:
paul8539 wrote:

No thanks idiot.... I am going to continue to support my Governor in these health directives to stop hospitals from being overwhelmed. Nice of you to stop by. Time to head back to the Detroit forum and argue about sports.

Meanwhile, hospitals such as Sparrow are reeling from the consequences of such decisions.

On any given day, the hospital typically has five to 10 ICU beds available — and 30 to 40 patients who need them.

Vierling has been forced to supplement his staff with 90 traveling nurses who work 12-hour shifts, five days a week and live in nearby long-term-stay hotels.

The hospital turned its break rooms into respite rooms after seeing caregivers, one after another, retreat to the rooms to weep. It added massage chairs to soothe and distract.

Gov Gretch tells us Covid is easily cured by jumping off the Mackinaw Bridge, since you believe anything she tells you, I look forward to seeing you in the front of the line, keep believing the hype, hysteria and politicization of this.."virus", I'll go on living, you keep hiding in your basement, looking forward to your name calling, politically biased reply.....

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:02 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:39 am
TC Talks wrote:
lidoshuffle wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
bmw wrote:
paul8539 wrote:

Gov Gretch tells us Covid is easily cured by jumping off the Mackinaw Bridge, since you believe anything she tells you, I look forward to seeing you in the front of the line, keep believing the hype, hysteria and politicization of this.."virus", I'll go on living, you keep hiding in your basement, looking forward to your name calling, politically biased reply.....
Should I take your use of “virus” to mean you don’t think it’s real?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:15 pm

Dined out tonight. Decided to use one of the outdoor igloos. It was fun. Kind of like being inside a snow globe.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:38 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:15 pm
Dined out tonight. Decided to use one of the outdoor igloos. It was fun. Kind of like being inside a snow globe.
I know. It's like camping. I wanted to make s'mores.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:58 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:02 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:39 am
TC Talks wrote:
lidoshuffle wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
bmw wrote:
paul8539 wrote:

Should I take your use of “virus” to mean you don’t think it’s real?
The virus is real, it's nature, we have to live with it, I choose to live , not cower in a hidden bunker, not listen to doom & gloom politicians who tell us to stay home, no holiday travels, no celebrating with people outside of your home/family, while they do the exact opposite, I wear a mask at work 10 hrs a day, I heed, and respect all mask mandates, but I don't spread fear and hysteria, and I don't hide, and overreact, unlike your favorite politicians...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:40 am

Ah... I suppose there is a certain arrogance in trying to override nature... I would say trying is still worth the risk. I’m not cowering in fear either... but it’s a risk reward calculation. That said Whitmer is going way too above and beyond.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:55 am

lidoshuffle wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:58 am
The virus is real, it's nature, we have to live with it, I choose to live , not cower in a hidden bunker, not listen to doom & gloom politicians who tell us to stay home, no holiday travels, no celebrating with people outside of your home/family, while they do the exact opposite, I wear a mask at work 10 hrs a day, I heed, and respect all mask mandates, but I don't spread fear and hysteria, and I don't hide, and overreact, unlike your favorite politicians...
Please offer me a quote from our Governor promoting Doom and Gloom . You're all hype . She's reasonable in her presentation .

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:34 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:55 am
lidoshuffle wrote:
Please offer me a quote from our Governor promoting Doom and Gloom . You're all hype . She's reasonable in her presentation .
Liberal vic-dumb and Whitmer fanboi TCT has a sad.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:31 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:34 am
TC Talks wrote:
lidoshuffle wrote:
Good One, You always have the best burns man.

Seriously, there's really nothing behind the outrage except theatrics.

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:17 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:31 am
Matt wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:34 am
TC Talks wrote:
lidoshuffle wrote:
Good One, You always have the best burns man.

Seriously, there's really nothing behind the outrage except theatrics.
And a bunch of snowflakes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic