Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Health director fired? (Robert Gordon MiDHHS out)

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Re: Health director fired? (Robert Gordon MiDHHS out)

Post by km1125 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:49 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:04 am
Who the hell receives the equivalent of what is probably six to eight months worth of salary upon departure for a "resignation" after serving in a post for just two years' time?!!!

At best, this is an irresponsible use of taxpayer dollars.
^^^ THIS

DIdn't Ficano have similar employment policies with his direct reports?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:25 pm

He sure did...great point!

Ficano is true slime. The fact he has evaded indictment amazes me.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:04 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:04 am
If his contract had a pre-existing severance clause, there would be nothing to hide.

The Whitmer administration refuses to respond to FOIA requests (unfortunately in Michigan, the executive branch of government is not obligated under law to respond to certain FOIA requests, which is why Michigan always ranks among the worst of all states for governmental transparency), and refuses to come clean on this matter.
I remember Snyder certainly used that privilege quite a bit and I don't recall you ever complaining about it.

Until there's some substitutive information you're all just whining about it.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Constant Listener

Post by Constant Listener » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:51 pm

I’ve made no secret in the past that I work for the State. As I’ve also stated, I’ve met Gordon and spoke with him a couple of times. For those who believe that he was in over his head, I can tell you I don’t agree. He made multiple visits to county offices, would talk to the entire staff for a bit, then kick the management team out and talk to 1st line employees 1 on 1 with a legal notepad, writing notes about how to make their jobs easier. Instead of lip service, he actually made changes and tried to simplify policy. Being the Director of our H*** Department is a thankless and almost overwhelming job.

I’ve further worked under at least 7 or 8 statewide DHS directors in my 20+ year career. Some have been horrible (the ex Supreme Court Judge whose name currently escapes me, for one) and others have been good. Gordon was good but I’m not surprised he left. I further wouldn’t be surprised if prior directors were paid after they left, as I’ve found ex top managers still having an active email address. I also remember Snyder paying a ex Treasury director several weeks pay after he left, but there wasn’t this amount of outcry.

And I also disagree with Matt on saying there is no comparison between sports contracts and this situation. It still boils down to one thing - State taxpayer dollars

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:29 pm

Constant Listener wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:51 pm
I’ve made no secret in the past that I work for the State. As I’ve also stated, I’ve met Gordon and spoke with him a couple of times. For those who believe that he was in over his head, I can tell you I don’t agree. He made multiple visits to county offices, would talk to the entire staff for a bit, then kick the management team out and talk to 1st line employees 1 on 1 with a legal notepad, writing notes about how to make their jobs easier. Instead of lip service, he actually made changes and tried to simplify policy. Being the Director of our H*** Department is a thankless and almost overwhelming job.

I’ve further worked under at least 7 or 8 statewide DHS directors in my 20+ year career. Some have been horrible (the ex Supreme Court Judge whose name currently escapes me, for one) and others have been good. Gordon was good but I’m not surprised he left. I further wouldn’t be surprised if prior directors were paid after they left, as I’ve found ex top managers still having an active email address. I also remember Snyder paying a ex Treasury director several weeks pay after he left, but there wasn’t this amount of outcry.

And I also disagree with Matt on saying there is no comparison between sports contracts and this situation. It still boils down to one thing - State taxpayer dollars
I think it’s the confidentiality agreement that sets people off more than the severance.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:14 am

Constant Listener wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:51 pm
It really depends on the institution - when Michigan fired Rich Rodriguez and Brady Hoke, they were paid off from the AD budget, which takes no general fund dollars. This is true at larger schools, although I'm not sure if MSU is in the same boat. You may remember that the very low character Mark Dantonio waited to retire until after he collected his $4M bonus.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:22 am

I remember Snyder certainly used that privilege quite a bit and I don't recall you ever complaining about it.
Are you out of your mind???

I CONSTANTLY criticized Snyder on this board.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:43 am

So the Governor and former Director of the health and human Services both have agreed to release the separation agreement. Not a word from any of you conspiracy theorists?

Could it be that it turns out to be a big fat nothing burger and it won't embarrass the Governor?

Here's your proof Matt time to congratulate the Governor on being transparent when she doesn't legally need to be.

Here's the reader digest version, they disagreed, it got ugly, he resigned. Could it be over the nursing home fiasco? Maybe the Governor was upset that DHHS was not following good health policy? Perhaps, but that would indicate that Whitmer did recognize a problem and made a change.

either way it's a lot of fun to try to smear someone when it's pure speculation but as I suggested a number of times on this thread the truth is usually much more mundane.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:55 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:43 am
So the Governor and former Director of the health and human Services both have agreed to release the separation agreement. Not a word from any of you conspiracy theorists?

Could it be that it turns out to be a big fat nothing burger and it won't embarrass the Governor?

Here's your proof Matt time to congratulate the Governor on being transparent when she doesn't legally need to be.

Here's the reader digest version, they disagreed, it got ugly, he resigned. Could it be over the nursing home fiasco? Maybe the Governor was upset that DHHS was not following good health policy? Perhaps, but that would indicate that Whitmer did recognize a problem and made a change.

either way it's a lot of fun to try to smear someone when it's pure speculation but as I suggested a number of times on this thread the truth is usually much more mundane.
If there was nothing to see there they would have done that very quickly instead of knuckle dragging and bowing under immense pressure from all quarters.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:06 am

She was asked questions this morning about Gordon and the nursing homes. She either outright refused to answer or deflected. Yet, the cuck that should talk less is saying the matter is settled.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:33 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:55 am
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:43 am

If there was nothing to see there they would have done that very quickly instead of knuckle dragging and bowing under immense pressure from all quarters.
You are suggesting that Whitmer didn't want the terms revealed. It is my understanding that she started talking about it only after he agreed to let the agreement go public. I don't think she was the one trying to keep it concealed.

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:35 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:06 am
She was asked questions this morning about Gordon and the nursing homes. She either outright refused to answer or deflected. Yet, the cuck that should talk less is saying the matter is settled.
those are two different issues Matt we have two different threads on those two different topics. Now you're upset because we've had a chance to see the exit agreement? Give it a rest.

Still haven't seen that Sunshine Bill brought forward by the Republican-led legislature. That would certainly shed light on everything going on in both the capitol and the governor's office.

Until the Republicans decide that they are going to be just as transparent there's no sense complaining about any of this because it's really their issue and it has been for a long time.

― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:17 pm

The nursing home questions need to be answered. Why Mr. Gordon received an exorbitant payout needs to be answered.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:52 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:17 pm
The nursing home questions need to be answered. Why Mr. Gordon received an exorbitant payout needs to be answered.
It sounds like one of those two will be answered quickly. But tell me why exactly the legislature gets a pass on for foia but you feel that the governor shouldn't?

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic