Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Stripping qualified immunity for ‘bad actor’ police

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Stripping qualified immunity for ‘bad actor’ police

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:38 pm

Ask a person of color what their interactions have been with law enforcement. Guarantee you that the vast majority have stories of discrimination.

Now, does that mean white people don't have their own stories? Of course not. The city of Warren has horrible cops that have specifically targeted poor whites or enemies of our idiotic mayor.

I have personally witnessed cops running through red lights at midnight with their lights not on just so they can get to Dunkin Donuts. A couple weeks ago they sped by me doing 40 in a 25 with their lights off just so they could get back to the police station faster.

These abuses should not be tolerated. It's part of the reason I consider myself libertarian. Know your 5th amendment rights.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:59 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:38 pm
I have personally witnessed cops running through red lights at midnight with their lights not on just so they can get to Dunkin Donuts.
No headlights on? Or no flashing cop lights on? No sirens either? Did you follow them to Dunkin Donuts and go inside to see what they were up to?
A couple weeks ago they sped by me doing 40 in a 25 with their lights off just so they could get back to the police station faster.
Again their headlights were off? Or their flashing red/blue emergency lights? Did you follow them to the police station and go inside?

I am curious as to how your reached the conclusions you seem to have?

I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:19 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:59 am
I have personally witnessed cops running through red lights at midnight with their lights not on just so they can get to Dunkin Donuts.
No headlights on? Or no flashing cop lights on? No sirens either? Did you follow them to Dunkin Donuts and go inside to see what they were up to?
A couple weeks ago they sped by me doing 40 in a 25 with their lights off just so they could get back to the police station faster.
Again their headlights were off? Or their flashing red/blue emergency lights? Did you follow them to the police station and go inside?

Some of these folks need better training on using the lights and sirens effectively. Ann Arbor is particularly bad.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:30 pm

craig11152 wrote:

I live by the police station. I wasn't stalking them.

When they went to Dunkin several times, they flipped their blur lights on at a busy intersection just so they could get there quicker. After I waited for the traffic light, I saw them in the drive thru. Definitely not on city business.

A couple of weeks ago, they were speeding just so they could get back to the station. It was nearly 9 PM, and their shift was ending.

No sirens for any of these events. Abuse of power.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:57 pm

craig11152 wrote:

I have a few friends in LEO. Years ago, shortly after they got out of the academy, they were all assigned to night shift. It did not take them long to conjure up the logic that just sitting at a traffic light with no other traffic around in the middle of the night was wasting taxpayer resources, so they got in the habit of treating them as stop signs instead of traffic lights. They would also do an "equipment test" on their way from the station to their assigned sector frequently well in excess of the speed limit, sometimes using lights and siren to do so.

Didn't go on too long until one of the superiors was driving through town one night and saw a couple of them. They ALL got severely reprimanded and reminded about the local traffic laws. I'm sure they still bent some rules going forward, but were no where near as blatant about it.

I do think it's an area where senior officers set the standard and really should be holding their own officers accountable for acting appropriately.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:27 pm

Problem is that if chief okays it (like here in Worn), the behavior doesn't change.

Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:08 pm

Lesson of exactly what you want to do in an encounter with the police if you desire to take the "Room Temperature Challenge."

This convicted felon shot at police through his windshield after making numerous attempts to flee a lawful stop. Already, his parents are calling for "Justice" for the killing of their son in the media. Should these officers be made to suffer through years of civil lawsuits because they killed a person that took a shot at them? Should they have let a person willing to shoot at police officers go out into the general public?

As background, the individual, Dolal Idd, had a pretty long history of breaking the law including two felony convictions. His brothers aren't strangers to the criminal justice system either...
Idd's 26-year-old brother, Mohamed-Amin Idd, was arrested on a murder charge. He is being held in the Hennepin County jail on $1 million bail. Another brother, Dalal Idd, 25, has been in prison for more than five years for an assault conviction when he was a teenager.
Needless to say, Mr. Idd's parents wont be publishing a book on parenting skills anytime soon, but they are already calling for justice in the "needless" death of their son.

Yeah, lets get rid of qualified immunity so these officers can be forced to defend themselves in civil suits by these parents of the year.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:30 pm

So, you have no faith in judges to review evidence and throw out meritless cases?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:07 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:30 pm
So, you have no faith in judges to review evidence and throw out meritless cases?
Depending on the judge. I used to have faith in people elected to U.S. Congress too...

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1344841158913118208

"State sanctioned murder." really?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:32 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:08 pm

Lesson of exactly what you want to do in an encounter with the police if you desire to take the "Room Temperature Challenge."

This convicted felon shot at police through his windshield after making numerous attempts to flee a lawful stop. Already, his parents are calling for "Justice" for the killing of their son in the media. Should these officers be made to suffer through years of civil lawsuits because they killed a person that took a shot at them? Should they have let a person willing to shoot at police officers go out into the general public?

As background, the individual, Dolal Idd, had a pretty long history of breaking the law including two felony convictions. His brothers aren't strangers to the criminal justice system either...
Idd's 26-year-old brother, Mohamed-Amin Idd, was arrested on a murder charge. He is being held in the Hennepin County jail on $1 million bail. Another brother, Dalal Idd, 25, has been in prison for more than five years for an assault conviction when he was a teenager.
Needless to say, Mr. Idd's parents wont be publishing a book on parenting skills anytime soon, but they are already calling for justice in the "needless" death of their son.

Yeah, lets get rid of qualified immunity so these officers can be forced to defend themselves in civil suits by these parents of the year.
When did he fire out the windshield?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:43 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:32 pm
When did he fire out the windshield?
In this version of the video, at about the 34 second mark, the video is slowed just prior to Mr. Idd firing through the windshield. You can clearly see the glass shatter outwards just prior to the officer exclaiming "fuck" and returning fire.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:39 pm

I have been beaten by police worse than Rodney King, and it was determined to be 'necessary force'. Their excuse: 'You are not the guy we want. You can go'.

Police can beat you up as much as they want, as long as they call it 'necessary force'.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:24 pm

I am white.

I have been beaten by the police worse than Rodney King, and they called it 'necessary force'. They got away with it.

If police beat someone up, all they have to do is claim 'necessary force'. That is it. End of discussion. They are allowed to do it, and you can not object to it.

Their excuse after the end of all this: you are not the guy we want, sorry about that.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:00 pm

If I were you, I'd sue the living bejesus out of the police agency and municipality in question.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:41 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:24 pm
I am white.

I have been beaten by the police worse than Rodney King, and they called it 'necessary force'. They got away with it.

If police beat someone up, all they have to do is claim 'necessary force'. That is it. End of discussion. They are allowed to do it, and you can not object to it.

Their excuse after the end of all this: you are not the guy we want, sorry about that.
Me thinks there's a little bit more to this story than you're telling us.

Care to tell the entire story and how it unfolded from beginning to end?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic