Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Writing Is On The Wall - Prepare For More "Pause."

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

The Writing Is On The Wall - Prepare For More "Pause."

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:22 am

Michigan's hospital association urged the state to extend a 3-week pause set to expire Wednesday, arguing that the closure of indoor restaurant dining and in-person high school classes is "slowly stabilizing the spread of COVID-19 and leading to stabilized hospitals."

The Michigan Health and Hospital Association, which represents all of the state's community hospitals, asked on Monday that the pause be extended through the holiday season.
Given the Gov's statement last week, a continued shutdown of certain business's is more than likely...
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's 3-week "Pause to Save Lives" went into effect on Nov. 18 and ends Wednesday. The order closed restaurants to indoor dining, stopped colleges and high schools from in-person learning and shuttered some entertainment venues such as bowling alleys and cinemas.

Whitmer has said she'd likely have the data early this week to make a decision on whether or not to extend the closures, but said an extension is "sadly possible" given the volume of COVID-19 cases in Michigan.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Re: The Writing Is On The Wall - Prepare For More "Pause."

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:57 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:22 am
Michigan's hospital association urged the state to extend a 3-week pause set to expire Wednesday, arguing that the closure of indoor restaurant dining and in-person high school classes is "slowly stabilizing the spread of COVID-19 and leading to stabilized hospitals."

The Michigan Health and Hospital Association, which represents all of the state's community hospitals, asked on Monday that the pause be extended through the holiday season.
Given the Gov's statement last week, a continued shutdown of certain business's is more than likely...
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's 3-week "Pause to Save Lives" went into effect on Nov. 18 and ends Wednesday. The order closed restaurants to indoor dining, stopped colleges and high schools from in-person learning and shuttered some entertainment venues such as bowling alleys and cinemas.

Whitmer has said she'd likely have the data early this week to make a decision on whether or not to extend the closures, but said an extension is "sadly possible" given the volume of COVID-19 cases in Michigan.
Given the case levels right now... does that surprise you?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:18 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:22 am

The decision to extend was made three weeks ago, but the cowardly tyrant wanted to string people along with bullshit hope.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:28 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:57 am
Given the case levels right now... does that surprise you?
If the case levels are to the point of urgent action, why are we singling out certain business and not others. If the situation is dire, all business and social venues where people gather indoor should be included.

Don't give me the thing about not wearing masks when you eat. Have you seen the way people wear masks at Meijer or Kroger? They might as well not have them on, employees as well as customers. This, coupled with the fact that many of the things people use for masks would be like wearing a t shirt to keep you from getting wet when swimming. I was at an upscale greenhouse/garden center yesterday. People were shoulder to shoulder buying Christmas items, many with masks down around their chin.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:55 am

Playing devil's advocate here. Seems to be pausing, lock down, whatever you wish to call it does slow the spread because there are less people available to spread it. That doesn't mean it stops being there it just doesn't have a person to infect, but once the pause is lifted and people go back out the numbers rise because it was there the whole time just waiting. If locking down truly worked the first one should have killed it considering how long it was and not just in Michigan. Seems to me the lock downs or whatever just delay not stop the spread and not enough to stop the issues hospitals have because once the lock down ends they overflow again. There has to be a better way.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:04 am

Good. Keep the pause through new year's day.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:51 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:04 am
Terrible take.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:13 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:04 am
I think many restaurants had been planning on being take-out/deilvery only through the holidays since the order came out in mid-November.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:34 am

ftballfan wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:13 am
I think many restaurants had been planning on being take-out/deilvery only through the holidays since the order came out in mid-November.
I've quit getting my favorites as takeout. I still will get a BLT or a Club or Chinese or something like that. But I've had to pass on the Italian and Mexican and Mediterranean dishes I used to sit down to. I tried a few times. But in a styrofoam box just isn't the same.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic