Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan going BACK INTO LOCKDOWN

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Michigan going BACK INTO LOCKDOWN

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:41 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:47 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:49 pm
audiophile wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:35 pm
The government must compensate them to be closed.
You might want to talk to Mitch McConnell about that one.
Remind me again of exactly which businesses ole Mitch shut down?
Quite a few considering he has been holding up the next stimulus. $1200-1500 may not seem like a lot, but that could mean paying off a gas and electric bill.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:46 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:41 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:47 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:49 pm
audiophile wrote:
You might want to talk to Mitch McConnell about that one.
Remind me again of exactly which businesses ole Mitch shut down?
Quite a few considering he has been holding up the next stimulus. $1200-1500 may not seem like a lot, but that could mean paying off a gas and electric bill.
Your logic is bewildering.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:47 pm

Do you think utility shut offs stop if there is a lockdown?

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:51 pm

audiophile wrote:
That's what PPP was supposed to do. Unfortunately, it was administered in a blank check style to those who applied that were Trump supporters. It's why Joel O$teen got enough money for a new jet. Meanwhile, the small businesses got nothing.

Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:06 pm

Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:47 pm
Do you think utility shut offs stop if there is a lockdown?
Again, which businesses did Mitch shut down?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:17 pm

Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:51 pm
audiophile wrote:
That's what PPP was supposed to do. Unfortunately, it was administered in a blank check style to those who applied that were Trump supporters. It's why Joel O$teen got enough money for a new jet. Meanwhile, the small businesses got nothing.
I know MANY small business that took advantage of the PPP program, and it worked exactly as designed in their situations. Allowed them to keep their employees on board so they didn't have to lay them off and try hiring replacements when they were able to get back to work. The feds didn't shut down the local businesses, that was up to the GOVERNORS. Why not hold THEM accountable, particularly that one in Lansing???

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:40 pm

BINGO!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:39 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:40 pm
BINGO!
And exactly what role does a deadly virus play?

Trump has scored in the bottom quarter of nations on every measure (except rushing a vaccine) for his handling of the pandemic.

To say the Feds haven't locked down businesses is laughable. They haven't done anything to keep them operating safely either.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:29 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:39 pm

To say the Feds haven't locked down businesses is laughable.
Having a hard time answering my question cupcake?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:50 pm

Absolutely not. Your question isn't very important. I'm not worried about businesses as much as I'm worried about the hundreds of thousands of people who have died and trying to prevent the number to grow to half a million.

Business is not as important as human life. Amazing you can't comprehend that but it's true.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:55 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:50 pm
Absolutely not. Your question isn't very important. I'm not worried about businesses as much as I'm worried about the hundreds of thousands of people who have died and trying to prevent the number to grow to half a million.

Business is not as important as human life. Amazing you can't comprehend that but it's true.
I don't believe you can find a quote where I said human life wasn't important.

OUR Governor choose shutting business as HER way of controlling the virus spread while sending infected people to places where the most vulnerable live. That caused a high percentage of the loss of life. SHE chose to close business on a mass scale. Why should taxpayers from another state be on the hook? SHE needs to find the money in OUR budget.

And you still didn't answer the question...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:01 pm

Honestly Bryce I don't what question you want me to answer but you should have elected someone you liked but you didn't.

Whitmer has done an excellent job by the acknowledgement of almost anybody who's looked at some of the challenges she faces. Would you care to be reminded of Betsy DeVos organizing covid protesters? No other Governor has had to put up with the kind of political garbage from the Republicans.

Everything else you bring up is just sour grapes because you just don't like her. Name me any Governor you like and I can shred their stats on covid-19. And don't even get started on the big fat loser in the White House.

― Noam Chomsky

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:01 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:55 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:50 pm

I don't believe you can find a quote where I said human life wasn't important.

OUR Governor choose shutting business as HER way of controlling the virus spread while sending infected people to places where the most vulnerable live. That caused a high percentage of the loss of life. SHE chose to close business on a mass scale. Why should taxpayers from another state be on the hook? SHE needs to find the money in OUR budget.

And you still didn't answer the question...
And it has worked, dildo. During the last 3 weeks, Michigan went from 8,500 cases to 4,100 each day. Shut downs work!

Audacity sucks.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:06 am

False logic at work here. Your numbers are down because less people are out and about, once they can go back out, if she ever allows it, the numbers will go back up.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:28 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:01 pm
Honestly Bryce I don't what question you want me to answer
Which Michigan businesses has Mitch shut down?
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:01 am
And it has worked, dildo. During the last 3 weeks, Michigan went from 8,500 cases to 4,100 each day. Shut downs work!
Dildo? Is that what you're using now since the mask mandate has made it difficult to participate in your favorite sexual activity?

Sure, cases are down. As ZZ said, they will go back up. But cases aren't the metric we should be looking at. Number of deaths as well as who is dying are.

As of December 18th, 2020 Michigan reports 11,212 Covid-19 deaths. Of those 11,212 deaths, people over the age of 65 accounted for 9,240 of them. If you add in people ages 55 to 64, it would jump to 10,470. Let me ask you, if Covid-19 would have taken a total of 742 lives (0.0082 percent of our population) during the year, would the shutdown of business and daily lives taken place? Would it have been warranted?

https://www.mdch.state.mi.us/pha/osr/Pr ... Table2.asp

Our Governor took a chainsaw to a problem in which a scalpel should have been used. Then, poured dirt in the wound by sending infected people to be housed where the most vulnerable live.

Policy designed to protect the high risk population, while letting low risk individuals go about their daily lives was the policy needed here. Asking taxpayers from other states to pay for her ham handedness is beyond the pale.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic