Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gary Peters wins

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MasterB

Re: Gary Peters wins

Post by MasterB » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:56 pm

I know in 2018 there was no ticket you had to go down ballot which I didn't mind at all truth be told. I was surprised to see the ticket this year on the ballot since I didn't vote for either Trump or Biden I was going to do the down ballot anyways, I say do away with the ticket since I believe the voters know whoever has the R or the D next to the name.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:56 pm

I read or heard some speculation recently about Hackel switching parties and running against Whitmer in two years. Good move for him? Good choice to get rid of Whitmer?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:51 am

I think it's the best chance the GOP has got. Eric Smith wanted to go up against Whitmer in the primary, but Hackel made sure his friends stopped that.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:58 am

MasterB wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:56 pm
I know in 2018 there was no ticket you had to go down ballot which I didn't mind at all truth be told. I was surprised to see the ticket this year on the ballot since I didn't vote for either Trump or Biden I was going to do the down ballot anyways, I say do away with the ticket since I believe the voters know whoever has the R or the D next to the name.
Proposal 3 reinstated it. It keeps the lines moving in a lot of areas. I support it.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politi ... 885266002/

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:12 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:58 am
MasterB wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:56 pm
Proposal 3 reinstated it. It keeps the lines moving in a lot of areas. I support it.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/politi ... 885266002/
That was pushed by Democratic partisans and snuck into the proposal. The proposal would have passed without it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:11 am

I read or heard some speculation recently about Hackel switching parties and running against Whitmer in two years. Good move for him?
My opinion - not a good move at all.

What, exactly, are his major accomplishments as Macomb County exec? Why would GOP primary voters pull the lever for a lifelong Dem? If the thinking is Independents will vote for him and perhaps can push him over the top in a crowded GOP primary field, don't forget the Whitmer's performance rating is not bad among Independents.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:27 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:11 am
I read or heard some speculation recently about Hackel switching parties and running against Whitmer in two years. Good move for him?
My opinion - not a good move at all.

What, exactly, are his major accomplishments as Macomb County exec? Why would GOP primary voters pull the lever for a lifelong Dem? If the thinking is Independents will vote for him and perhaps can push him over the top in a crowded GOP primary field, don't forget the Whitmer's performance rating is not bad among Independents.
I believe it would be the best move for the GOP. Hackel puts out these half assed videos that make it seem like "we all can work together if we just compromise. There are extremes on both sides and people need to calm down."

That said, switching parties guarantees nothing in the general against Gretchen. However, Hackel would have plenty of rich backers from both sides that could help him. I can say that Macomb Democrats do NOT like him.

Audacity sucks.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:57 pm

John James should maybe run for Congressman in the next election, and then try for Senator again in 4 years. Debbie S. has been in the Senate for 3 terms, and has not made a visible name for herself. I don't even know which committees she is on. Senator Levin was very visible in his 3rd term, and very outspoken; Debbie S. is not.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:11 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:57 pm
John James should maybe run for Congressman in the next election, and then try for Senator again in 4 years. Debbie S. has been in the Senate for 3 terms, and has not made a visible name for herself. I don't even know which committees she is on. Senator Levin was very visible in his 3rd term, and very outspoken; Debbie S. is not.
She’s on the Agriculture committee.

John James will probably try Governor next. He might have a shot.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:35 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:11 pm
paul8539 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:57 pm
She’s on the Agriculture committee.

John James will probably try Governor next. He might have a shot.
I know people who went to school with John James in Detroit. They said he was a very oddball weird kid, but I guess a lot of Black Republicans would be.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic