Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Road commissioner uses N-word

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Road commissioner uses N-word

Post by TC Talks » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:14 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:50 pm
km1125 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:08 pm
We need to get beyond what people think when other people use certain words and trying to control what someone might be thinking versus their actual actions.
BINGO! Clear your cards. We have a WINNER!

And, I'll add, stop excusing certain actions because you think the people doing them are thinking correctly.
Well, I think that the conversation of race has moved past this idea. You express racist or bias against others color, gender or sexual orientation, expect problems.

And your nose is from the Scotch.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:38 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:14 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:50 pm
km1125 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:08 pm
We need to get beyond what people think when other people use certain words and trying to control what someone might be thinking versus their actual actions.
BINGO! Clear your cards. We have a WINNER!

And, I'll add, stop excusing certain actions because you think the people doing them are thinking correctly.
Well, I think that the conversation of race has moved past this idea. You express racist or bias against others color, gender or sexual orientation, expect problems.

And your nose is from the Scotch.
Yes, lets ban everyone from having opinions on certain things and that will solve the worlds problems!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:13 pm

Have opinions, but expect consequences.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:17 pm

Another example, take TCU football coach Gary Patterson. He called out one of his freshman players for using the "N" word during team meetings. The player continued to do so and Patterson very forcibly told him "You will not use the word "Nig***" in team meetings" and called him a fucking brat. Patterson is in all sorts of hot water over this, when in fact he was trying to do the right thing and teach the youngster some manners.
Interesting story of which I had zero prior awareness; thanks for sharing that example.

Indeed, Mr. Patterson should've suffered no negative repercussions of any kind, assuming your description of what occurred is accurate.

I think the example you shared is far, far different than what occurred in Leelanau County, though. I frankly do not see what one has to do with the other.
I detest the Black Lives Matter movement. It was started based on a lie, rooted in racism and is directed by avowed Marxists. I wonder if I made my feelings known in water cooler conversation it would be grounds for termination at your company? Would wearing a BLM button to work be grounds for termination?
I agree that Black Lives Matter (referring to the organization proper, not merely the statement) definitely seems rooted in communist or communist-like doctrine. The organization condones wealth redistribution to communities they view as being institutionally disadvantaged, and they view intimidation or overthrow of incumbent government officials or agencies as the means by which to accomplish that.

Black Lives Matter is simply a rebranding of the Black Panthers movement with a not quite as extreme manner of going about things.

To answer your question, our code of conduct prohibits wearing attire or bringing in personal effects to the workplace that endorse a particular political cause or candidate. Would a first violation be a fireable offense? I strongly doubt it. Repeated occurrences would be a much different story.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic