Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Cop of the decade: "I'm done with that unconstitutional bitch"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Cop of the decade: "I'm done with that unconstitutional bitch"

Post by Matt » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:36 pm

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 14896

Re: Cop of the decade: "I'm done with that unconstitutional bitch"

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:28 am

If I was this sheriff, I wouldn't of said a word about the 4H, or whatever it was, youth event.
And then let them hold it. And if someone calls it in, say his office didn't know anything about it.
Then catch the caller out on the road and write them out of a license.
Have the ordinance inspectors nit-pick dozens of citations on the caller's property.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:15 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:28 am
If I was this sheriff, I wouldn't of said a word about the 4H, or whatever it was, youth event.
And then let them hold it. And if someone calls it in, say his office didn't know anything about it.
Have the ordinance inspectors nit-pick dozens of citations on the caller's property.
I would just say our office doesn't enforce EO's.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:43 am

Imagine if this happened with Trump. This guy is a chauvinist. Fuck these types of cops.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:40 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:28 am
So we should attack someone for reporting something? They would just say “we aren’t enforcing that“ and let that be the end of it. I had some respect for you. I think I should revisit that stance right about now... Ruining somebody’s life for daring to report something is not the answer to anything. Unless of course you’d be cool with somebody nitpicking your residence and pulling you over to ruin your license and make you ride the bus.

As of right now the rules are what they are and they should be enforced until such time that a court rules or the legislature overrides a veto changing the situation. We can’t have rogue sheriffs running around channeling their inner Trump. And to boot this is exactly what was done 100 years ago in regards to breaking up crowds and cancelling events. Get over it, we aren’t inventing the wheel here.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:03 am

R Bedell wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:27 am
The only obligation Law Enforcement is to uphold the US & State Constitutions. Executive Orders are NOT laws. EO's can NOT supersede the Constitution.
Under the 1945 emergency law they are binding. Until a court strikes down or upholds the law they need to be treated as such. This isn’t an optional thing. It’s the way our system is designed.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:18 am

Even if they declared the beyond 28-day EO's legal (not happening) it's only a misdemeanor and only if they prove your knew the EO before you did it.

Phat chance!

This is why Sheriff departments aren't wasting their time, not enforceable.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:33 am

R Bedell wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:11 am
Under the 1945 emergency law they are binding. Until a court strikes down or upholds the law they need to be treated as such. This isn’t an optional thing. It’s the way our system is designed.
Cite that law.
Go look in the Michigan section... we had this discussion in April and bmw of all people is the one that came to that conclusion. I was arguing that they were not enforceable. His interpretation made more sense in the end. I do not feel like digging it out right now. Go on a scavenger hunt. You are looking for a 3 or 4 page thread.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:13 am

R Bedell wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:11 am
YOU made the statement. YOU made the claim. YOU back it up. It is NOT my job to support YOUR statements.

Second request, cite the law.
Maybe later. I’m gonna go take a nap in a minute.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:20 am

JackAttack FM wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:17 pm
audiophile wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:58 pm
2. The governor's order is NOT a LAW! No law is violated, only a E.O. A governor can't "make" law!
This statement and really most of the original post are factuallly wrong.

The law was already made and Governor Whitmer's orders are law and there are statutes to enforce them.
Public Act 302 of 1945, called the “Emergency Powers of Governor,” authorizes the governor to declare a state of emergency and exercise certain powers for that period. Specifically, the act empowers the governor to control traffic, establish a curfew, regulate and prohibit the use and occupancy of buildings and public places, and control the sale and transportation of alcohol, dangerous liquids or explosives. These orders are only effective during the declared state of emergency, and anyone who violates them is guilty of a misdemeanor.
Supplimented by:
Public Act 390 of 1976, called the “Emergency Management Act,” is meant for “planning, mitigation, response, and recovery from natural and human-made disaster.” It charges the governor with “coping with dangers to this state or the people of this state presented by a disaster or emergency,” and with issuing orders that have the same effect as law during an emergency situation.

In both cases, the statute says the emergency may only last 28 days. After this, the governor may request an extension, but only for a specified period, and the extension is subject to legislative approval.
These were the statutes cited in the orders. Orders that were vetted by the Attorney General's office. Has anyone heard of any court challenges to the orders yet???  Nope.

I can't stand Paula Tutman, I didn't care for the production of the story.
However, the original post blatenly misconstrued and embellished the actual news story.

There was nothing about the store's website being, "misconfigured."

And why can't reporters in this country stand on public stidewalks and do their job in the United States???
What is also wrong with asking elected officials and our public servants for clarification of their orders???
The 1976 extension of the 1945 law directly says the orders have the same effect as law during the emergency which we are still in until a court or the Governator says otherwise. So these Sheriffs are on the wrong side of the law and taking it into their own hands here.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:56 am

Even if the 1945 law is upheld in State Courts, if will get struck down in Federal Courts. It's clear cat-and-mouse game re-issuing EO's.

It won't matter the Free Michigan folks will get enough veto-proof signatures to kill it soon.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:50 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:56 am
Even if the 1945 law is upheld in State Courts, if will get struck down in Federal Courts. It's clear cat-and-mouse game re-issuing EO's.

It won't matter the Free Michigan folks will get enough veto-proof signatures to kill it soon.
Aren’t the free Michigan folks looking for a ballot measure?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:35 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:56 am

Hopefully, we get enough votes to end their dreams in November.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic